Youtuber "Kentucky Ballistics" nearly dies when his .50BMG explodes in his face

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Youtuber "Kentucky Ballistics" nearly dies when his .50BMG explodes in his face

Post by Suck My Glock »

XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Re: Youtuber "Kentucky Ballistics" nearly dies when his .50BMG explodes in his face

Post by XJThrottle »

I typically watch his new vids. He usually appears to be on that range alone.
Ballistic Therapy

Re: Youtuber "Kentucky Ballistics" nearly dies when his .50BMG explodes in his face

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

One thing he is right about.
If it wasn't for God he would not be here.
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

That is unfortunate and I hope he has a speedy recovery. I enjoy his content. Glad to see that he is recovering fast and how transparent he was in the video.
Ballistic Therapy wrote: April 29th, 2021, 12:53 pm One thing he is right about.
Well...........and the skilled, devoted people at Vanderbilt that put him back together. I can appreciate the "belief" but lets not discount the people who I am sure worked very quickly and diligently to save him. I see medical professionals save lives daily at work - and it never ceases to amaze me the effort they exert and care they provide. Also his own training and his father for their quick response and ability to deal with something most people never would.
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

paulgt2164 wrote: April 29th, 2021, 1:07 pm
Well...........and the skilled, devoted people at Vanderbilt that put him back together. I can appreciate the "belief" but lets not discount the people who I am sure worked very quickly and diligently to save him. I see medical professionals save lives daily at work - and it never ceases to amaze me the effort they exert and care they provide. Also his own training and his father for their quick response and ability to deal with something most people never would.
Yes they all did a fantastic job , but it was all in Gods hands.
Old Jeff H
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter

Post by Old Jeff H »

Somehow I've never seen his channel before. I'm subscribed now.
cool arrow

Post by cool arrow »

holy mother of God...wow.
TacMedic

Post by TacMedic »

cool arrow wrote: April 29th, 2021, 2:45 pm holy mother of God...wow.
Yup. Medical training saved his life at the moment. All shooters should know basic IFAK training at a minimum. He did well, even without gear. I think EDC should always include medical gear.
Ben7

Post by Ben7 »

I’ve never heard of those Slap rounds before now.
Tenring

Post by Tenring »

Ballistic Therapy wrote: April 29th, 2021, 12:53 pm One thing he is right about.
Agreed
XJThrottle

Post by XJThrottle »

Ballistic Therapy wrote: April 29th, 2021, 1:34 pm
It was in his own hands. Specifically his thumb...
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Ben7 wrote: April 29th, 2021, 5:06 pm I’ve never heard of those Slap rounds before now.
Yeah, that was a mid 80's development. I think it stood for Saboted Light Armor Piecing. The idea was to try to use hyper-velocity sub-caliber projectiles to better perforate APCs and other light armor at urban battlefield distances. They sliced through steel like hot butter, but as you saw in the video, accuracy was always poor, and ultimately was the prime reason the program was abandoned.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Horrible, glad he lived to tell and share with all.
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

XJThrottle wrote: April 29th, 2021, 5:13 pm
Already ordered one of the "put your thumb in it" shirts he is selling now. Putting your thumb in it has a variety of different uses - Scott demonstrated one in this video - and Steve Irwin was known for others. Lol
XJThrottle

Post by XJThrottle »

paulgt2164 wrote: April 29th, 2021, 8:13 pm
XJThrottle wrote: April 29th, 2021, 5:13 pm

Already ordered one of the "put your thumb in it" shirts he is selling now. Putting your thumb in it has a variety of different uses - Scott demonstrated one in this video - and Steve Irwin was known for others. Lol
I have one coming too.