Suddenly I own high end guns!!!

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
rockbronco
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Suddenly I own high end guns!!!

Post by rockbronco »

samnev wrote: March 31st, 2021, 6:01 am There is always some sucker willing to eagerly part with his/her $$$$$.
They all seem to be on gun broker!

Pale Rider

Post by Pale Rider »

XJThrottle wrote: March 30th, 2021, 6:22 pm
Pale Rider wrote: March 30th, 2021, 4:31 pm Next up, High Point carbines for $1,000.
Are you a buyer?. :lol:
No, but I'd probably be a seller.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

I think gunbroker is a better indicator of value than AZ as gunbroker is national and AZ is one of 50 states and in my experience has a bunch of dudes with deep pockets and short arms.

I am not looking to sell anything. I started the thread from a spot of humor but .. if I am looking at what current pricing on something is I DONT depend on the local boards.

I have watched stuff reasonably priced sit on the locals that would be gone quick on gunbroker. That damn Nickle S&W 27 that was on here until just recently was well priced and sat for some 5 months.

Admittedly gunbroker is a bit more work than just meeting up with someone in a parking lot for a seller. Starting tomorrow Gunbroker collects tax for AZ so that can change things.

Could be that AZ being as gun friendly as it has been none of us are running out to buy guns so can wait it out. I have some wants but its not like I'm not covered.

Selling gun stuff in AZ except for inexpensive guns has never really been great for me. I have made and sold over 500 holsters, rave reviews on other boards and on the net at various locations, lots of repeat customers to include some out of state PD ... about 15 holsters "maybe" over 5 years were sold in AZ.

Local guy just wrote to offer me $60 for a double layer decorated 686 holster. You cant buy a mass produced junk leather holster from south of the border for that. Im not bitter .. you can offer what you like and I dont lack for buyers and I am honestly trying to keep it real small this time around and produce just a few things a month but

No .. AZ is not the place to judge nationwide value.

Friday going out to shoot my 229 and my GP100 .. suddenly I am going to feel like a rich dude on the golf course .. might have to wear a fancy shirt!! Between ammo and my collectable guns .. Im a sport'in
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

8DE522E6-94C6-4136-9D15-08B08B972910.jpeg
samnev

Post by samnev »

I made a series mistake when I sold my Excellent condition S&W Blued 27-2 a few years ago. A friend told me to look on Gunbroker. No way I'm paying $1300 dollars for one.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

3" Ruger SOLD!

$1200.00 plus tax, shipping ,FFL plus .. CC fee if they dont pay with a MO or check!!!!!!!!

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/895964275

I suddenly have a fancy lad gun :mrgreen:
DSCF2771sm900.JPG
deadshot556

Post by deadshot556 »

I remember when those were under 400$. LOL
Rock Hardson

Post by Rock Hardson »

AZGlock21 wrote: March 30th, 2021, 9:22 pm I love it when people quote gunbroker prices as the value of their guns. Sorry but post a gun on a AZ gun board at gunbroker prices and watch it sit. Still plenty of good deals on guns out there and plenty of dealers selling guns at regular prices. Ammo, not so much.
This

Although, right now Arizona probably leads the nation in the highest prices for firearms since covid hit
Stronghand

Post by Stronghand »

I miss when the MP 15s and 2.0s were like $360 and they'd send us a 5th free for every 4 we bought. It'll be a while before we can do the MP pistol/rifle combo with a voodoo case for $1000 OTD again.
Tenring

Post by Tenring »

Razai wrote: March 30th, 2021, 9:45 pm I don’t understand it, though I don’t understand many things in this world.
I hear you there, used to think I did, then 2020 hit and its been like what the :o
Cfish62
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by Cfish62 »

I recently sold a 1943 Mosin M38 w/ a 440 round spam can to a guy at work for $500.

He was through the moon happy.
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

AZGlock21 wrote: March 30th, 2021, 9:22 pm I love it when people quote gunbroker prices as the value of their guns. Sorry but post a gun on a AZ gun board at gunbroker prices and watch it sit. Still plenty of good deals on guns out there and plenty of dealers selling guns at regular prices. Ammo, not so much.
Yet , every time someone ask what a gun is worth they always get the same response.
" Check gun broker sold items ".

In my experience when I list a gun here and it doesn't sell , I have always got more on gunbroker than I ask here and that was after their fees.
AZGlock21

Post by AZGlock21 »

Ballistic Therapy wrote: April 12th, 2021, 7:35 pm
Yet , every time someone ask what a gun is worth they always get the same response.
" Check gun broker sold items ".

In my experience when I list a gun here and it doesn't sell , I have always got more on gunbroker than I ask here and that was after their fees.
I 100% agree with you. And you prove my point. The only place you can actually get "Gunbroker Price" for your gun, is on Gunbroker. Telling someone to check Gunbroker prices to value their gun is great, if they are looking to sell it there. Just like you said, if you list it on ANY of the local AZ forums or boards it will sit at that price.
jls in az

Post by jls in az »

To make it even worse, J&G is selling 22 Mag ammo for $49.95 a box of 50! My retirement account just went up by several thousand dollars. I did sell a pristine Marlin lever gun on GB a couple months ago for $1,600.00 and the buyer was happier than a kid at Christmas with the transaction.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

https://gunsarizona.com/classifieds/fir ... -m2-0-8489

$900.00 asking price
"I have a brand new never fired smith an wesson M&P M2.0 3 mags 2 15rd mags an 1 17 round mag 900$$$O.B.O"

So how much do I take off for my M&P 2.0 in 40 with about 200 rds fired. Never thought I would own so many high value collectables!! :mrgreen: