Think this is all original?

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
MarkItZero
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Think this is all original?

Post by MarkItZero »

Glove part looks too good to be from the 1940s, even if it sat in a box all those years.

https://gunsarizona.com/classifieds/fir ... e-gun-4486

Ballistic Therapy

Re: Think this is all original?

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

Is it original 1940's ?

My guess would be , no way.
MarkItZero

Post by MarkItZero »

Ballistic Therapy wrote: January 19th, 2021, 6:57 pm Is it original 1940's ?

My guess would be , no way.
My thoughts too, even the others in museums look older than that one.

This was confirmed when I asked the seller, who dodged the question but added that the gun part is what makes it valuable not the glove. Not how the collector market works in my experience....
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

If it was original, he wouldn't be selling it on gunsarizona.com, and certainly not for only $2K.

Auctions for Sedgley Glove Gun goes for $7-$13K, depending on originality, glove condition, etc.

Alaska phone #, his other ads are sketchy also. Unless he has absolutely no idea what he has, and doesn’t know what Google is, is say it’s a scam.

However, there has never been a clone of any kind produced, and the marking appears to be legit...it has me intrigued enough to send him a message about it.
Last edited by QuietM4 on January 20th, 2021, 2:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Solar_Empire

Post by Solar_Empire »

The glove itself is definitely wrong from the pictures I've seen of them. Even if that firing mechanism is authentic you could sell it for way more than that. Has to be a scam.
Bullzaye

Post by Bullzaye »

That's a military issue glove, from the late 70's and later. I joined the USAF in 1978, and I was issued this exact glove, with green wool liners, in '79, when I got to my permanent station. It was considered a cold weather work glove. I have no idea how late it was still being issued...perhaps it still is. When I got out in the 90's, I believe it was still being issued. I still have a couple pair, floating around here and there, and they still look brand new...just as the pictured glove. That glove is definitely NOT from the 1940's!
aroyobob

Post by aroyobob »

If you look at these two videos and compare the glove with the for-sale gun, two differences are apparent (at least.) One is the rivets on the for-sale gun holding the gun to the glove are different from the gloves in the two Youtube videos. Also the wrist section of both Youtube gloves goes all the way around the glove and the back of the hand and palm are smooth leather. In the for-sale glove is rough leather on the back of the hand and has a strap to tighten the glove and neither Youtube gun appears to have that. So, like earlier posts, a good chance the glove has been replaced. Probably hard to fake the mechanism.

and this one