We are different

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
smithers599
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: We are different

Post by smithers599 »

Said the Jewish math professor living in Germany in 1934.

McKnight55

Post by McKnight55 »

smithers599 wrote: January 16th, 2021, 9:53 am Said the Jewish math professor living in Germany in 1934.
Most people were trying to get out of Germany in 1934.
Packer
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by Packer »

While rather new to the ArizonaShooting.Org, I am surely not new to this nation or to the principals upon which it way founded. I first retired in 1982 form serving a career in the United State Air Force. My second retirement was for a Colorado school district in 1997 followed by some very rewarding volunteer efforts. What causes the concern "waterdog" expressed? What has caused our lose of national character and identity?

Our fore-fathers provided great wisdom and a governmental structure in our Constitution that has guided us well for many years. However, we have, as a society, forgotten what was an essential element in their founding effort and our moral character. During the anger and turmoil preceding the election, I heard a single voice express concern for what I believe is needed to halt the destruction of our nation. The Lt Governor of Texas stated simply, "we all need Jesus". The national effort, starting in the 60's to remove God from for society, our nation, our schools, our lives has brought us to what we are currently experiencing.

Consider this! Should our parents be interested in our public schools where the school administration allows boys into girls locker-rooms? Where a national political party wants no mention of God in the platform which expresses their vision for our government? Where thousands are killed yearly prior to or at birth? Where prayer in ended in our national government using the words, Amen and awomen.

Our national character stinks and I fear I am as guilty as the next in allowing this to occur. Only the Lt Governor of Texas stated the obvious and it surly was lost in the insanity which plages us all. Our nation, in years past, proudly sang, God Bless America:. I fear God is unlikely to bless the America we
currently occupy.
iammaxwell

Post by iammaxwell »

While I agree with optimism as a general rule, I disagree with the concept of being a cog in the machine. It's the machine that has us in this huge, bizarre mess.

Society on the whole will continue to degrade. It's not just a phenomenon of the last so many weeks, years or decades. Its a cycle that repeats over and over throughout history, and we're on the downward swing of it right now. Just make sure you, your loved ones, and whatever might happen to be in your direct control is squared away.
pvreb

Post by pvreb »

I seriously believe this country is going down the tubes. The old saying about a democratic form of government lasting 200 years, followed by a dictatorship, is about to become reality. Folks have learned they can vote themselves money. When this country was formed it was considered unthinkable to use tax money for helping private interests. Thanks to the country's response to the 1930s depression, that idea has evaporated. The deficit, even without the promised money by the next administration, has grown beyond any hope of repayment.