Bill of Sale Collectors

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
delta6
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Bill of Sale Collectors

Post by delta6 »

knockonit wrote: January 16th, 2021, 4:04 pm :o :doh: :clap:
And the beauty is.. it is a gift that seems to keep on giving... HERE! :dance:

paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

AZ1182 wrote: January 16th, 2021, 4:23 pm
paulgt2164 wrote: January 16th, 2021, 3:12 pm
dustmaker wrote: January 16th, 2021, 2:57 pm If the gun showed up at a crime scene why would you protect some dirt bag? That I believe is being an accessory..

dusty
Apparently the logic has escaped you on multiple fronts.
You make zero sense whatsoever.
Perhaps then :
Logic

noun
reasoning conducted or assessed according to strict principles of validity.
His comment I quoted is not only off-topic to the OP's scenario but also shows the misguided belief that a hand scribbled document has some sort of legal weight in a crime investigation.

Pretty simple to me and others.I can probably fire up Microsoft Paint and draw a diagram in fun colors if you need a visual, however I am sure your response to my comment was solely just to "stir the pot" in this thread as you have been doing with IMO little success.
Isnake

Post by Isnake »

Omfg this thread is still going! Can you imagine how many bills of sale were signed by Mickey Mouse with the phone number of Disneyland? I bet its a thing.....
delta6

Post by delta6 »

Isnake wrote: January 16th, 2021, 5:40 pm Omfg this thread is still going! Can you imagine how many bills of sale were signed by Mickey Mouse with the phone number of Disneyland? I bet its a thing.....
:clap:
And some still think a bill of sale is evidence. Great fun could be had with them in court. :hand:
redj

Post by redj »

So just what do you think these bill of sale collectors will do with the information they have collected when the government comes and ask where their guns are ?
If the democrats have their way ,they won't be coming for one used in a crime , they will come for them all.

Real life is not like the movies.
You don't have to be in the mafia to be a rat or a snitch.
All you have to be is a rat or a snitch.
Azgunlover69

Post by Azgunlover69 »

A bill of sale is more akin to a receipt rather than a contract. Since it is such a simple document, there is no way to truly enforce it.

How many here have actually had "the man" come knocking? Well I have...in a sense. I received a call from a law enforcement agency in Southern AZ inquiring about a pistol I purchased from a dealer. I agreed I had purchased it and had sold it as I didn't care for the way it shot. No BOS name phone number or anything was given as I hadn't recorded it. The gun was found on someone while committing a crime and though they didn't fill me in on the details of the crime as it was an ongoing investigation, the simple verbiage that I had sold the gun was good enough.

I have done BOS in the past, but have tried to avoid them for quite some time. The most I give is my name and ccw id as that is the safest way to avoid the seller from obtaining my address in all the research I have completed. Last thing I want is to have someone come break in looking for my guns and have to get wrapped up in a self defense suit.

The only CYA out there when it comes to guns, is don't commit a crime. A BOS won't help you if the agenda is already determined. Kinda like a recount of fraudulent votes won't help us since the agenda was already determined.
Azgunlover69

Post by Azgunlover69 »

AZ1182 wrote: January 16th, 2021, 7:04 pm Real life doesn't involve tinfoil hat wearing and your posts are rife with paranoia from those movies. Simma down, no one here is out to get you. And if a gun I sold was used in a crime giving the information is not being a snitch, LMAO.
If a gun you sold was used in a crime then the fact that it isn't in your possession anymore is the best CYA you can have which makes a BOS a mute point to CYA.
Azgunlover69

Post by Azgunlover69 »

AZ1182 wrote: January 13th, 2021, 7:22 am Fear mongering. Eating our own. Good job, to create strife when there was none to start with. You're your own worst enemies.

If you don't want to sign a bill of sale, then don't buy and be a baby about it somewhere else. FYI, I don't do bill of sales when I sell. But neither do I try to hall monitor about it either.
Where would you like the OP to post this then? If you don't agree with his post, then move on, don't interject and be the hall monitoring hypocrite the left tends to be.
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

AZ1182 wrote: January 16th, 2021, 5:58 pm The best part of this? Your showings of a classic Dunning-Kruger Effect.
Funny, considering you typed three paragraphs of self-inflation in response to my simple and concise post. Perhaps you are indulging in a bit of self reflection there and misapplying your own issues onto others.
AZ1182 wrote: January 16th, 2021, 5:58 pm Your callous radical beliefs are clouding your better judgement. The OP made a totally far fetched OP about people using bills of sales to turn you all in to the gun gestapo whist the other person that you're disparaging actually explained using thought deduction on what the bills of sales are actually being used for proving that the OP is not only wrong but even delusional.
The OP's scenario is the OP's scenario. Doesn't change the fact that the person I responded to was off-topic and has the misguided belief that a home-made piece of paper will somehow change the course of a crime investigation. Has nothing to do with "radical beliefs" and everything to do with "that isn't what the OP is talking about."
AZ1182 wrote: January 16th, 2021, 5:58 pm I'd explain more in detail but your using the ad hominem to attack me rather than my messages, proves that I am dealing with another molon labe chicken hawk who seems to be rather occupied trying to seek and find enemies within the community when there was never any to begin with. That, and you can refute my argument so you seek elsewhere from spite alone.
Oh please do explain more, regale us "simples" with more of your wordy ramblings sprinkled with what you think sounds clever. Lol.
AZ1182 wrote: January 16th, 2021, 5:58 pm Bless your heart though, for thinking that you're even remotely good at this argument, to which you are not. But I will do one favor though, when you're ready to commit to chess and not checkers, please let me know. You see, I too can undermine and scoff in return, and be just as edgy. But all it does is nothing, no opinions change, and lines made to be further entrenched. You are welcome for tat education in how to discuss without using logical fallacies that undermines your own position.
Wow, thank your for the favor. You up on your high-chair there really put me in my place. I guess I will wander off and play some connect-four or if I am having a "high functioning" day maybe I will indulge in some Uno. "education" - LOL HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH. Give me a break, did that last part actually sound cool/intelligent when you where typing it? Lol.

Your post basically proves my original suspicion of your actions in this thread perfectly, you are trying to "stir the pot" or be a less than clever troll. I don't know which is more funny about your post - your overcompensation or insecurity. Was it the offer of a diagram, or my dictionary quote that inspired your three paragraphs of drivel and self-fluffing?

Hialrious.
Last edited by paulgt2164 on January 17th, 2021, 8:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Havent been by in a few days because of internet overload and pop in to find

ANOTHER THREAD ON RECEIPTS/BOS!!!!

Holy jebus guys .. next week can we do the equally frequent and just as scintillating thread on price gouging.

If it were a drinking game and I still drank I could get hammered with the frequency of both topics. Let it go!
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

Bill of Sale?
Any relation to William of Orange?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Sale, ... d-2.323702
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

smithers599 wrote: January 17th, 2021, 1:25 pm Bill of Sale?
Any relation to William of Orange?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Sale, ... d-2.323702
OOOooooooo very good!!! :lol:
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

I think this is someone channeling Ranger1, with the help of a thesaurus, but the same need to pontificate rather than have a discussion.

At least Ranger1 V2 has one improvement, not starting 8 threads in one evening to generate arguments throughout the week.

Frankly Ranger1 V1 was much more entertaining.
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

YNOTAZ wrote: January 17th, 2021, 4:14 pm I think this is someone channeling Ranger1, with the help of a thesaurus, but the same need to pontificate rather than have a discussion.

At least Ranger1 V2 has one improvement, not starting 8 threads in one evening to generate arguments throughout the week.

Frankly Ranger1 V1 was much more entertaining.
I would imagine it has the "paid" version of the thesaurus app.... Lol