Bill of Sale Collectors

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Bill of Sale Collectors

Post by Suck My Glock »

AZ1182 wrote: January 14th, 2021, 3:38 pm Do you folks give the FFLs the same hard time over receipts? If not, then how is this any different then? I'm going to need a valid well thought out counter and not shall not be infringed or any other chest thumper edginess as its a fallacy when avoiding actually answering the question with any shred of honesty and more importantly, integrity.
Did you actually just equate private sales with FFL sales? Are you that dense?

Rock Hardson

Post by Rock Hardson »

Manitu wrote: January 14th, 2021, 2:49 pm I got ambushed years ago by the "maytag repairaman" on a glock deal, money ready then he produced his receipt. Years go by different board name now, he did it again. Personally would of really liked to know that in advance, I too would have saved the drive.
He also stated recently that he takes pictures of the license plates of buyers(and probably sellers). Had I known that I would have wrapped the rifle I bought around his Detroit head.
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

Rock Hardson wrote: January 14th, 2021, 9:11 pm
Manitu wrote: January 14th, 2021, 2:49 pm I got ambushed years ago by the "maytag repairaman" on a glock deal, money ready then he produced his receipt. Years go by different board name now, he did it again. Personally would of really liked to know that in advance, I too would have saved the drive.
He also stated recently that he takes pictures of the license plates of buyers(and probably sellers). Had I known that I would have wrapped the rifle I bought around his Detroit head.
That's taking paranoia to a whole new level and I have no need to deal with people like that. If they're that fearful of selling a firearm to someone who might use it in a crime they should sell it to an FFL for 50% of its value, problem solved.
Rock Hardson

Post by Rock Hardson »

YNOTAZ wrote: January 15th, 2021, 4:41 am
Rock Hardson wrote: January 14th, 2021, 9:11 pm
That's taking paranoia to a whole new level and I have no need to deal with people like that. If they're that fearful of selling a firearm to someone who might use it in a crime they should sell it to an FFL for 50% of its value, problem solved.
He was a liberal cancer on the old board, like he is on this board. My first dealing was with him on Backpage, and then I recognized his number on the old board. Can't imagine why his wife would want to leave his ass.

Detroit hemorrhoid appliance repairaman..... Go figure
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

AZ1182 wrote: January 14th, 2021, 3:38 pm Do you folks give the FFLs the same hard time over receipts? If not, then how is this any different then? I'm going to need a valid well thought out counter and not shall not be infringed or any other chest thumper edginess as its a fallacy when avoiding actually answering the question with any shred of honesty and more importantly, integrity.
The simple answer is Freedom. The mindset that you're simply CYA if you're property is misused once you sell it is a sign you fear your government and what it can do to you if you don't have the right answers when they ask.

And FFL's shouldn't exist
AZ Husker

Post by AZ Husker »

I've quit buying guns shipped in. Never a new gun from a shop. I'm 4473 free for years. I break the chain of ownership every time I buy gun local face to face. No bill of sale. Flash DL's and CCW's, trade your cash for the gun, and drive away. I did have one seller who made a deal with me and when I showed up he had a fill in the blank bill of sale ready. I had the cash in hand and told him to make the choice. He did take a photo of my license plate which is still in my deceased wife's name. Different last names too. Strictly local face to face in a public place only for me.
Pawe17

Post by Pawe17 »

I'll sign a bill of sale for a $400 fde hellcat right now.
redj

Post by redj »

AZ1182 wrote: January 14th, 2021, 5:19 pm
MarkItZero wrote: January 14th, 2021, 5:00 pm Ironically ATF's own guide for private transfers doesn't even recommend a bill of sale.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/guide ... te-sellers
So you're saying that I should start doing them now? Or can we stop trying to argue about a far fetched non issue that the OP created that is a fallacy?
How is it a fallacy ?
Everyone that collects a bill of sale says they do it so when the authorities come and ask about a gun they can squeal and show them who they sold it too.
Manitu

Post by Manitu »

Have the authorities issued a search warrant to gun sites for the chat logs,PMs etc. or some such? Those would be revealing...
dustmaker

Post by dustmaker »

If the gun showed up at a crime scene why would you protect some dirt bag? That I believe is being an accessory..

dusty
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

dustmaker wrote: January 16th, 2021, 2:57 pm If the gun showed up at a crime scene why would you protect some dirt bag? That I believe is being an accessory..

dusty
Well, there it is...the dumbest thing I have read today.

How do you know the person you sold the gun to is connected to the crime? Not your job, Columbo.

Maybe you sold the gun to a friend years ago, and then they sold it....and then that person sold it...and then it was sold again. How the f*** is that your responsibility?

If you sold a car to someone and they get a DUI, are you now responsible for them being over-served? That is the logic you are using.
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

dustmaker wrote: January 16th, 2021, 2:57 pm If the gun showed up at a crime scene why would you protect some dirt bag? That I believe is being an accessory..

dusty
Apparently the logic has escaped you on multiple fronts.
Flash

Post by Flash »

QuietM4 wrote: January 16th, 2021, 3:05 pm

dusty
Well, there it is...the dumbest thing I have read today.

How do you know the person you sold the gun to is connected to the crime? Not your job, Columbo.

Maybe you sold the gun to a friend years ago, and then they sold it....and then that person sold it...and then it was sold again. How the f*** is that your responsibility?

If you sold a car to someone and they get a DUI, are you now responsible for them being over-served? That is the logic you are using.
You can't fix stupid.
~Ron White
delta6

Post by delta6 »

Flash wrote: January 16th, 2021, 3:13 pm You can't fix stupid.
~Ron White
:handgestures-thumbupleft:
And there is a lot of it in this thread.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

:o :doh: :clap: