Bill of Sale Collectors

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
redj
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Bill of Sale Collectors

Post by redj »

Now that there is so much hoopla about the new administration going after guns .
I have a question for all of you people that insist on collecting a bill of sale when you sell a gun.

When they come to you asking " where is this or where is that ".
Are you going to hand them all of the bill of sales you have been collecting for every gun you ever sold ?
Basically I am asking , are you going to become a snitch ?

cool arrow

Re: Bill of Sale Collectors

Post by cool arrow »

ooohhh, that's a good question...
Flash

Post by Flash »

redj wrote: January 13th, 2021, 6:22 am Now that there is so much hoopla about the new administration going after guns .
I have a question for all of you people that insist on collecting a bill of sale when you sell a gun.

When they come to you asking " where is this or where is that ".
Are you going to hand them all of the bill of sales you have been collecting for every gun you ever sold ?
Basically I am asking , are you going to become a snitch ?
What else is a bill of sale good for other than currying favor with authorities?
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

Now there is something to ponder.
How many snitch lists are you on ?
Last edited by Ballistic Therapy on January 13th, 2021, 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

aw the snitch listers,
brian10x

Post by brian10x »

As a guy that records name and phone number for every sale, I ask myself those same questions.

Am I doing the right thing? It feels like a good idea.

What would I do if the man knocked on my door asking for information one day?

I honestly don't know anymore. It seems prudent to know who I sold guns to, yet I understand the argument that the authorities don't need to know.

I'm actually confused right now. Maybe a good middle ground is to keep the info private, but not to give it out to the police if they ask? Or maybe just take the cash and walk away?
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

AZ1182 wrote: January 13th, 2021, 7:22 am Fear mongering. Eating our own. Good job, to create strife when there was none to start with. You're your own worst enemies.

If you don't want to sign a bill of sale, then don't buy and be a baby about it somewhere else. FYI, I don't do bill of sales when I sell. But neither do I try to hall monitor about it either.
lol, but you sure want to hall monitor the hall monitors,
funny shiat for sure.
Pipedoc

Post by Pipedoc »

I've never done bill of sales. It at the moment is not required by law. So long as I make sure it is a Az resident who is of legal age and I ask if that person is a felon or not then I am good to go. I don't have and don't want someone's personal information to pass on to the authorities. If it is legal for me to sell it and it is legal for the buyer to buy it, then who am I to help infringe upon someone's rights. YMMV
samnev

Post by samnev »

Pipedoc wrote: January 13th, 2021, 8:12 am I've never done bill of sales. It at the moment is not required by law. So long as I make sure it is a Az resident who is of legal age and I ask if that person is a felon or not then I am good to go. I don't have and don't want someone's personal information to pass on to the authorities. If it is legal for me to sell it and it is legal for the buyer to buy it, then who am I to help infringe upon someone's rights. YMMV
Well said!!!!
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

I know nothing!
MarkItZero

Post by MarkItZero »

Pipedoc wrote: January 13th, 2021, 8:12 am I've never done bill of sales. It at the moment is not required by law. So long as I make sure it is a Az resident who is of legal age and I ask if that person is a felon or not then I am good to go. I don't have and don't want someone's personal information to pass on to the authorities. If it is legal for me to sell it and it is legal for the buyer to buy it, then who am I to help infringe upon someone's rights. YMMV
There's actually no requirement to do any of that, as long as the person doesn't say they're from out of state or a prohibited person you're good. There's no requirement to ask or check.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

I'm glad you brought this up and worded it like that, because yes,...thats exactly what it is.
rick lee

Post by rick lee »

I don't care what the gov't. asks me. I won't answer. I don't have to. I won't answer with a lawyer present either. If they want to put a case together against me or anyone else, I won't help them in the least. No good can come of it.
Harrier

Post by Harrier »

I don't ask for a BOS and I don't copy down info... unless it happens to be a unit I have a 4473 or a booked s/n somewhere in my name... and even then the only reason to have it is as a get-out-of-jail card in case they have the item in hand and are trying to pin some crime on me... otherwise there is a sand pile out back that needs pounding... I stopped buying those pieces of paper long time ago.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

There is no covering your azz when there is no legal duty. And there is a duty to your country and countrymen to not participate with or aid or comfort its enemies. Yes, this nation does have internal enemies. Yes, helping them is immoral. Don't do it.