Gun Forums Crying

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Gun Forums Crying

Post by Suck My Glock »

Amen

Kingjoey

Post by Kingjoey »

Its a double-edged sword, most gunnies talk a good game but when it comes to putting all the chips on the table they fold and then the FBI/ATF try to set up the ones that will actually walk the walk. What is gonna happen is they will ban/censor the forums and people will b**** yet not stand up for their 1st Amendment rights, then they'll ban/restrict guns and people will b**** yet not stand up for their 2nd Amendment rights. In the end we'll all end up in the gulag because pussies wouldn't stand up for free speech and fudds will try to buy up everything hoping it gets "grandfathered" in or try to justify complying with the govt BS just to end up getting squashed anyways. Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it
Pscipio03

Post by Pscipio03 »

There are myriad of classifications of gun owners.
FUDDS
Casual one gun and maybe 50 rounds
LARP tacticool Timmies
C&R lovers
True gun enthusiasts
And the list goes on and on. Some people will be fine simply turning in what they are told to do. Most just simply wouldn’t comply. They’d keep their mouths shut and those 30 round standard capacity AR mags would be stashed under the bed. We’ve already seen this happen with states that mandated turn ins and/or registrations and the reported compliance rates were in the single digits. Hell, I’ll guarantee that right now Cali probably has over a million unregistered non-communist compliant ARs sitting in closets and stashed in attics.
I think it would be dangerous to assume there wouldn’t be some serious resistance- it just takes a lot for many people to hit that breaking point. Plus, there’s a large number of veterans who just keep quiet and don’t advertise their thoughts on public forums or social media. Get them riled up, and it’s gonna cook. Most of my fellow Army vets keep quiet about this stuff publicly, but I know the ones that wouldn’t stand idly by, and it’s the majority.
So do I think the ‘planned’ event on the 20th is real, or a red herring to besmirch the 2A community? Dunno. People made a big deal about raiding Area 51 and what, maybe a half dozen people actually tried to enter and got arrested?
Maestro

Post by Maestro »

I think the problem goes beyond that. Allow me to use a famous movie character to illustrate my point:

Everybody thinks that in a revolution they would be John Connor, nobody thinks they will be the private killed in the opening act. There is simply no real structure. Without a structure, it would simply be many thousands (it will never be millions) of people pulling loan wolf or small group things. Pain in the butt? Sure. Revolution? Nope. There will be no "shot heard round the world."

Most people will do exactly as stated in a previous post, obey the new laws or hide the fact that they are breaking them.
Flash

Post by Flash »

Yep, we're finding out that a lot of board owners are, in fact, closet liberals or something like that.

They're banning people doing a thread on armed rallies for "inciting violence."
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

as an associate explained to me some time ago, true gunnys, only make up a small percentage of gun owners, but alas, the most vocal are those that stand aside and let others do the ''work'', and will make excuses as to why, who, when and how, but their opinion in their mind is the best there is.
and these are the individuals who create discourse amongst the gunnys, trying to get the fight underway, armchair warriors they are, and they know who they are, hehehe

and as Flash noted, one can tell by their posts and opinions where they stand on the 2A, there is one site that is chock full of libtards, and proud of it, and of course mostly fudds, i had to step off, as reading their bullshiat made me ill.

only time will tell the future, no crystal ball here, but if one reads the signs, prevention should be the avenue asap.

and yes, happy hump day, just glad to have made another
Rj
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

I agree with all that’s been said and will throw in another comment, the staunchest of 2A advocates who are willing to toss in all the chips, still need someone to emerge as a leader. Until and unless that happens you have small groups of capable people attempting the same destination but rowing in different directions.

I think other things will boil to the top well in front of 2A issues. The first being forced vaccinations, then huge monetary issues. These could well lead to violence.
AstonMiura

Post by AstonMiura »

waterdog wrote: January 12th, 2021, 8:38 pm.

When you read what they have allowed, and they are crying like children about what to do if they get shutdown. I have pretty much developed the opinion that 85% of gun owner are wannabes and posers trying to fit in with real men with principles.
About 40% of Americans say they or someone in their household owns a gun, and 22% of individuals (about 72 million people) report owning a gun.

15% of 72 million is 10,800,000. Thats a lot of people.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

This censorship has only just begun
Cubiclerevolt

Post by Cubiclerevolt »

It's funny.

People always clamoring for someone to do something.

Person does "something" then is turned on by the own community as they didn't do it "how they wanted it or would have done it." Meanwhile that person that didn't do anything but find the strongest breeze to piss into and then comes back to the group to say it's not piss but rain on them.

The problem we are more often than not a "one legged man in an asskicking contest" because we aren't united.

Offer mutual aid and assistance is a huge step in resistance and only initiating violence when it's brought to your doorstep helps with optics.

Everyone on this board can be on board with saying that the current laws on the books are more than adequate and that any new laws denying the right to citizens will be ignored and there will not be any type of compliance.

A base level of unity could be applied to.

* No new and permanent "AWB".

* No arbitrary Magazine bans.

* Grandfathering your previously legal items into NFA.

* No registration or licensing of firearms.

* No restrictions on current available ammo. Licensing or anything that restricts access.

* No acceptance on banning defensive items such as body armor.
Cbvanb
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by Cbvanb »

Maestro wrote: January 13th, 2021, 5:50 am I think the problem goes beyond that. Allow me to use a famous movie character to illustrate my point:

Everybody thinks that in a revolution they would be John Connor, nobody thinks they will be the private killed in the opening act. There is simply no real structure. Without a structure, it would simply be many thousands (it will never be millions) of people pulling loan wolf or small group things. Pain in the butt? Sure. Revolution? Nope. There will be no "shot heard round the world."

Most people will do exactly as stated in a previous post, obey the new laws or hide the fact that they are breaking them.
I'm inclined to agree with you. Without a structure of some sort, a safe haven from which to operate, and some leaders willing to get out in front and take the heat from the government, nothing much is likely to happen. But, there is no specific order of events required for a revolution to be successful, and those things may come into being at some point after the shooting has started.
It's worth noting that at the time the Revolutionary War began about half the population supported King George, and did not want independence. That figure did not change much over the course of the war, and the people who actively fought the British never amounted to more than about 3% of the population. As an academic exercise it's worth noting that 3% beat the largest army in existence at the time, while having less that 50% support on their own ground. The fact that so many people, across every spectrum of the country are openly discussing these issues tells me something is brewing.
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

What I learned 30 years ago is when 5 people gather to discuss how fed up they are with the government, 2 are feds.

I had a few beers and tacos with a bar buddie who's Phoenix PD last Tuesday. I asked him for a no BS assessment of where he thought the rank and file cops heads were at if this get uglier. He broke it down like this. Individually they are scared that collectively they will be ordered to put down fed up citizens. And that the majority will obey. He didn't want to talk about that subject anymore.

What's also worth noting that our first revolution was the result of the productive class becoming cop killers to keep their way of life and property. Who's ready for that again?

Cubiclerevolt make a good point, 90 percent of us don't know each other outside this forum. Shut it down and we can't communicate, plan or aid each other. But the next question is, who would come to support me at my trial because my FAL was a couple US parts short? Anyone remember Bob Stewart?

There's some hard times ahead, and who you know and trust is who you should ban together with. In all likelihood there will be some "shot heard round the world" moment. That's when you and your two or three best buddies act.

Be free my friends.
Maestro

Post by Maestro »

Cbvanb wrote: January 15th, 2021, 3:41 pm As an academic exercise it's worth noting that 3% beat the largest army in existence at the time, while having less that 50% support on their own ground. The fact that so many people, across every spectrum of the country are openly discussing these issues tells me something is brewing.
3% did exactly what you said. But they did it with a command structure in place. They did it with an organized army in addition to a militia. Neither of these things exists today.
Tenring

Post by Tenring »

Direct censorship is just beginning. To a lesser extent deceivers have been here by what we used to call trolls or closet libtards.

But in reality the social engineers have been working for a while throughout forums to sway the publics thinking and/or further the enemy's narrative.
Cbvanb

Post by Cbvanb »

waterdog wrote: January 24th, 2021, 9:07 am
Maestro wrote: January 18th, 2021, 11:18 am
Cbvanb wrote: January 15th, 2021, 3:41 pm As an academic exercise it's worth noting that 3% beat the largest army in existence at the time, while having less that 50% support on their own ground. The fact that so many people, across every spectrum of the country are openly discussing these issues tells me something is brewing.
3% did exactly what you said. But they did it with a command structure in place. They did it with an organized army in addition to a militia. Neither of these things exists today.
3% ? Everything I have read in the last 40 plus years indicate it was around 5%.

That means it could have been as high as 20% or as low as 1%. The organized militia was only part of the fight.
https://www.defenceprocurementinternati ... revolution
I'm not arguing with anyone regarding this academic conversation, but I don't think either of my points were understood. Whether it was 3% or 5% is irrelevant. My point was that a very, very small percentage of the population in the States fought a war and won, changing world history, despite having to operate in what was essentially hostile territory, given the number of the King's supporters who lived here. I can only believe that they accomplished that because they believed in what they were doing, and that is certainly true of all the original signers of the Declaration.
My second point is that having an established army isn't necessary for a war to kick off. The American Revolution went hot in April of 1775, but the Continental Army wasn't created until June of 1775. There were state militias in existence that took the fight to the British, and one could compare those to the loosely organized groups of shooting enthusiasts we see around us today. Of course those groups exist on both sides of the political spectrum so a direct comparison to the Revolution may not be possible.
Colonists lived with the Stamp Act for 10 years before the shooting started, and prior to that were another 10-20 years of grumbling over how the British were treating the colonists. So at least 30 years of taking crap from King George before they finally had enough. We're somewhere in that 30 year period, and I personally think we're closer to the beginning than the end. How is it all going to end? Beats me. I sure hope they come out with a new iPhone before it happens though...