Be Careful Posting Pictures

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
jls in az
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Be Careful Posting Pictures

Post by jls in az »

I know that there are a lot of you who don't believe the government is constantly scanning the internet. Unfortunately, that is a fallacy. It is going to get even worse with the next administration. You are their enemy and they consider your existence a greater threat than Al Queda, ISIL and definitely the Communist Chinese. They confirmed that after Obama was elected and Janet Napolitano state that US veterans are threats. That was later confirmed by Hillary. Now, Joe Biden has taken up the communist mantle and will carry it forward. So, the entire US Intelligence Apparatus's and the Department of Homeland Security's focus will be turned inward against that threat from "Right Wing Extremists."

Every so often they let something slip to the media, who are more than happy to report it. The is an excerpt from an article that appeared on CBS News web feed:

"Investigators have a Google Maps photo of the address of the person of interest that shows a similar looking camper in the yard. Google Maps says the picture was taken in May 2019." (https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/pe ... d=msedgntp)

Why are investigators scanning Google Map photos? What software are they using to do that? You can rest assured that they can use the same software to scan for ANY pictures you post of your firearms in public forums. Think that story about losing your firearms in a boating accident is going to work when they show up with copies of your posts to boards such as this? Remember that anything you post on a forum such as this can be used against you in a court of law, including the pictures of your firearms.

ex462

Re: Be Careful Posting Pictures

Post by ex462 »

They can also prove that you listed them for sale when you tell them that they were SOLD.
action magic

Post by action magic »

I dont understand. Why are WE afraid of them? Seems to me things are out of balance and not what our Forefathers intended. And seriously, if you have to ask how to remedy this, you truly do not understand the Second Amendment.
Mini14

Post by Mini14 »

Are these the type of pictures you’re referring to? I Hope the alphabet boiz don’t go after my dog.
TheAccountant
Banned
Banned

Post by TheAccountant »

jls in az wrote: December 26th, 2020, 1:46 pm I know that there are a lot of you who don't believe the government is constantly scanning the internet. Unfortunately, that is a fallacy. It is going to get even worse with the next administration. You are their enemy and they consider your existence a greater threat than Al Queda, ISIL and definitely the Communist Chinese. They confirmed that after Obama was elected and Janet Napolitano state that US veterans are threats. That was later confirmed by Hillary. Now, Joe Biden has taken up the communist mantle and will carry it forward. So, the entire US Intelligence Apparatus's and the Department of Homeland Security's focus will be turned inward against that threat from "Right Wing Extremists."

Every so often they let something slip to the media, who are more than happy to report it. The is an excerpt from an article that appeared on CBS News web feed:

"Investigators have a Google Maps photo of the address of the person of interest that shows a similar looking camper in the yard. Google Maps says the picture was taken in May 2019." (https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/pe ... d=msedgntp)

Why are investigators scanning Google Map photos? What software are they using to do that? You can rest assured that they can use the same software to scan for ANY pictures you post of your firearms in public forums. Think that story about losing your firearms in a boating accident is going to work when they show up with copies of your posts to boards such as this? Remember that anything you post on a forum such as this can be used against you in a court of law, including the pictures of your firearms.
1. To see if there was any evidence captured in the pictures (i.e. the RV used in the bombing parked at his house).
2. Google maps.

Quite the conspiracy you uncovered. :shifty:
jls in az

Post by jls in az »

All I'm saying is don't be naïve. The other half of the equation is as things get tighter, more people will be will to break into your home or vehicle and steal what you've so proudly put on the internet. https://wreg.com/news/more-than-1200-gu ... ing-crime/
AZ_Five56
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by AZ_Five56 »

I don't know how much truth there is to this or not, but I guess you're better safe than sorry.

I've heard that Facebook is making a database of guns/gun owners based on photos people are posting there. This was supposedly based on what a Facebook employee disclosed. Again, I don't know if that's true or not, but nothing would surprise me at this point.
Manitu

Post by Manitu »

Sounds like you forgot that Snowden fellow was raising a fuss about your worst fears of government intrusion dont really scratch the surface. That was 7 years ago, they probably got better at that domestic capture everything sheenanigans since then.
freefly

Post by freefly »

jls in az wrote: December 26th, 2020, 1:46 pm Why are investigators scanning Google Map photos? What software are they using to do that? You can rest assured that they can use the same software to scan for ANY pictures you post of your firearms in public forums.
No conspiracy here. Google Maps photos (satellite & street view) are updated every couple years or so. Or even more frequently in certain locales. So, if you zoom in on one particular area on Google Maps, you might have several different (historic) versions of that specific shot that you can view. It's a "tool" available to the general public, not just .gov investigators.
Pawe17

Post by Pawe17 »

I think not posting a picture with the serial number would be best.
Scumbags can claim they got their gun stolen and use your picture with the serial as evidence.
rockbronco

Post by rockbronco »

I think it goes without saying that anything posted to the internet is no longer private at that point. Facebook is that absolute worst for logging and tracking everything along with censorship of anything they dont agree with so it would be no surprise if they had created a database of particular users and images

Not a bad idea to be mindful of what you post pictures of. I have always treated the internet that way but I was also alive before the internet became such a staple in everyone's lives. Kids today instantly post online to achieve the likes they so desperately crave
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

It boils down to what it has always boiled down to. Common Sense and what you choose to share with others but in the end we are living the imagination of the authors and movie people who dreamed up or read the tea leaves and imagined the dystopian society which included big brothers surveillance and there is virtually no way short of nuclear destruction to be free from it.

Your TV follows you, your cable subscriber, Your phone, Your computer, your online purchases.

People are willingly submitting DNA so they can proclaim that they are 1/1000 of 1% Cherokee so they can share in the outrage.

If it hasn't happened already .. FBI profilers will be a thing of the past. Input all the relevant data and an algorithm will generate likely candidates.

We mock China but ... their control and surveillance are done overtly .. we on the other hand have the people and Oz.
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

Old saying: Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

Post it on the Internet and your arse is Grass.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

lol, i don't do pics
Rj
Manitu

Post by Manitu »

To think now awareness strikes some when in fact this capture of everything has gone on for some time. Did they not have to build a huge data center to just hold it...for future reference those govt. types can go query that and soon they know where your RV was by using google maps...priceless.