to all you bitches!

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Boriqua
ArizonaShooting.org Member

to all you bitches!

Post by Boriqua »

To all you bitches that love to complain about people writing you to ask if an item you have on sale is available .... I took it to heart and stopped asking and the last 3 attempted purchases I tried to make locally where I said .. I will take it where can we meet

" oh sorry .. that is no longer available"

Blah ... fuk that!

Guess it really didnt make a difference .. it just would have added an email. I still got the same information.

BUT STILL!! :mrgreen:

xerts1191

Re: to all you bitches!

Post by xerts1191 »

👍🏻
Old Jeff H
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter

Post by Old Jeff H »

On this board?
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Old Jeff H wrote: December 16th, 2020, 9:33 am On this board?
No. Other local strictly for sale boards
tunnug

Post by tunnug »

Yeah, I was looking for a trailer and found one with the note that anyone asking if it's available would be ignored just not so nice, sent them a "I'll buy, where to meet" they respond "oh, sorry forgot to take down ad", felt like responding with something smart-ass but figured it wouldn't do any good.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

tunnug wrote: December 16th, 2020, 9:54 am Yeah, I was looking for a trailer and found one with the note that anyone asking if it's available would be ignored just not so nice, sent them a "I'll buy, where to meet" they respond "oh, sorry forgot to take down ad", felt like responding with something smart-ass but figured it wouldn't do any good.
So true I forgot about those but yea I am running into a bunch of ads with that warning. "If you ask I will ignore you" I just pass the ad because if your an obnoxious fuk when you are looking to get someone to buy your junk you are more than likely not someone I want to do business with.

Me personally .. I have forgotten exactly once to remove an ad of mine (not gun related) ... doesnt cost me a thing to respond to a "is it available" emails. Think people just need to get looser fitting underwear because the crunched up nut sack is making them grumpy! Try boxers

Now not only did I get 3 recent " oh Im sorry but its no longer available" even though the ad was still up .. I have sent 3 other "got money when can we meet emails" and gotten no response.
AZ_Five56
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by AZ_Five56 »

As I buyer, I don't like reading that you'll be ignored if you ask if it's still available. But, on the seller side of things, I absolutely hate when someone inquires about buying something and the only thing they say is, "Is it still for sale?" Come on! Give me a little more to go on than that! At least follow that up with an, "If so, I'll take it", or something else to make progress toward the end goal of hopefully buying.
Pro2a

Post by Pro2a »

Yes, the one time you ask if an 8 month old ad is still for sale, you get "is the ad still up"
And Murphy's law that is you say "I'll take it" you get "sorry sold."
They're bitches both ways.
I always say to a forgotten ad, "sorry, I forgot to delete that," but then I have an ego the size of a golf ball-not too big, not too small
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

AZ_Five56 wrote: December 16th, 2020, 10:13 am As I buyer, I don't like reading that you'll be ignored if you ask if it's still available. But, on the seller side of things, I absolutely hate when someone inquires about buying something and the only thing they say is, "Is it still for sale?" Come on! Give me a little more to go on than that! At least follow that up with an, "If so, I'll take it", or something else to make progress toward the end goal of hopefully buying.
That is a pretty solid reply!

I sell a bunch of other stuff outside of guns. If I get bored of something, bought a new cooler replacement or just want to fund some other junk I dont need I send it to craigslist or ebay.

on the local front I have gotten a ton of "Is it still available" and then never hear back
gunpoorboy1

Post by gunpoorboy1 »

I try to put the notation, "if the ad is still up, the gun is still available", in my ad's.
Reason one. To answer immediately, their question, " is the gun still available." If they read the ad
carefully, they won't need to waste their time, nor mine, by sending an inquiry e-mail. It's alway the very first line in my ad. If they read, the very first line and still send the inquiry, "is it still available", then I have to assume they are too stupid to own a firearm, and I ignore their stupid e-mail.
Second reason. I have found that when I have answered that question in the past, since the ad is still up, I tell them, yes, the gun is still available, I'm guessing 95% percent of the time they never respond to my response. Moron's, why did you even ask?
Third reason. And this is the best. Whenever, in the past, I respond with , "why yes, the gun is still available, I get an immediate scam e-mail back wanting me to send the gun to Ontario, but not to worry, they have a friend who will give me more money than I'm asking, etc. etc etc. You get the point. By answering their question, you give them your e-mail address and the scam is on.
You folks who get your panties in an uproar when you see that question. Get over it. Pass on by. If something like that upsets you, I don't want to deal with you anyway. Bring on the snare remarks.
Tenring

Post by Tenring »

This is a big part of the game for sure, next thing you know your computer is held ransom.

"By answering their question, you give them your e-mail address and the scam is on."
Harrier

Post by Harrier »

Trying to clean out the extra crap i had, I was putting a lot of ads on Craigs lst. I always noted the ad that if it was still up then it was still available...
I still got a ton of 'is it still available" and nothing more when I replied.
After a few searches on the subject I came to 2 conclusions...
Many of those are robo-messages looking to get your email/phone number response so they can sell it and 2 if you happen to answer 'yes' that can also be used in some automated scam in conjunction with your email/phone and the message meta data.

So if you need to answer, don't say yes, say 'it is' of some other answer.
I also had a lot of "I'll take it... just what I;m looking for' or 'is that your lowest price? and never a response after.
I got to the point if it looked like a canned message i didn't bother responding unless they sent a second message.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

Uh-oh. Somebody got triggered. Time to seek out your safe space! :-)
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

smithers599 wrote: December 16th, 2020, 7:36 pm Uh-oh. Somebody got triggered. Time to seek out your safe space! :-)
You mean its time for a range visit!! :dance:
curtmini14

Post by curtmini14 »

Boriqua wrote: December 16th, 2020, 8:45 am To all you bitches that love to complain about people writing you to ask if an item you have on sale is available .... I took it to heart and stopped asking and the last 3 attempted purchases I tried to make locally where I said .. I will take it where can we meet

" oh sorry .. that is no longer available"

Blah ... fuk that!

Guess it really didnt make a difference .. it just would have added an email. I still got the same information.

BUT STILL!! :mrgreen:
YOUR the only b**** here arsewipe.