to all you bitches!

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Harrier
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: to all you bitches!

Post by Harrier »

Since we're b****'in...
I'm tired of the first thing they ask without even looking at the item... 'is that your lowest price?'- no matter how low an item is priced.
I can understand physically evaluating the condition of something and then trying to negotiate the price, but not sight unseen right from the gitgo. most of these are mexicant flippers.
Another thing, they answer that they'll take it and be right over then never show (so don't give your addy- just a meetup spot)
and another... they say they'll take it then when they do show up say they only brought $XX (less than advertised) sorry you made the trip for nothing...
reminds me of one time selling a horse... guy drives 200 miles with trailer to pickup horse - turns out to not be the guy who we talked with but his "brother in law" (another mexicant) - he only brought 200 less than the agreed on price- until I told bye-bye- he magically found the 200 in the truck - THEN he want me to give him gas money to get home...
I call them mexicant's cuz they can't drive the speed limit, can't keep their hands off things, can't pay asking price, can't speak English...

Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Harrier wrote: December 17th, 2020, 7:34 am Since we're b****'in...
I'm tired of the first thing they ask without even looking at the item... 'is that your lowest price?'- no matter how low an item is priced.
I can understand physically evaluating the condition of something and then trying to negotiate the price, but not sight unseen right from the gitgo. most of these are mexicant flippers.
Another thing, they answer that they'll take it and be right over then never show (so don't give your addy- just a meetup spot)
and another... they say they'll take it then when they do show up say they only brought $XX (less than advertised) sorry you made the trip for nothing...
reminds me of one time selling a horse... guy drives 200 miles with trailer to pickup horse - turns out to not be the guy who we talked with but his "brother in law" (another mexicant) - he only brought 200 less than the agreed on price- until I told bye-bye- he magically found the 200 in the truck - THEN he want me to give him gas money to get home...
I call them mexicant's cuz they can't drive the speed limit, can't keep their hands off things, can't pay asking price, can't speak English...
I love that one!!!
I can price something for "FREE" and someone will write asking if I can give em 10 bucks!! So true
rockbronco

Post by rockbronco »

Harrier wrote: December 17th, 2020, 7:34 am
Ive had this before too. Dude shows up and trys to offer 50% less just because thats all he had. Tell them I will throw it away before selling it to them for half price. They proceed to haggle to try and get it to half my price saying thats all they had on them. Go to get in the truck and drive off and all of a sudden the other half shows up in their hand. On the flip side I have literally destroyed the item in front of them and drove off. Its was very satisfying
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

curtmini14 wrote: December 17th, 2020, 6:35 am
Boriqua wrote: December 16th, 2020, 8:45 am To all you bitches that love to complain about people writing you to ask if an item you have on sale is available .... I took it to heart and stopped asking and the last 3 attempted purchases I tried to make locally where I said .. I will take it where can we meet

" oh sorry .. that is no longer available"

Blah ... fuk that!

Guess it really didnt make a difference .. it just would have added an email. I still got the same information.

BUT STILL!! :mrgreen:
YOUR the only b**** here arsewipe.
Bwhahahahaha We found a sensitive!! :laughing-rolling:

Its ok sunshine .. I thought there were men here who could take a joke. I will re-lable the thread ..

"to all those in the past who have expressed dismay at being asked whether an item was still available when offered for sale on online outlets."

Yea Never ... plus its to long to fit in the thread title
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

I did a TON of price negotiations as part of my job. Sometimes they were all day affairs that left me freaking dizzy. Now out of proper work force I dont want to haggle. So I set my prices VERY attractively since I am not looking to get food money just getting rid of something taking up space. No matter what I put the price to .. I almost always get an email that asks for something off. That annoys me more than the is it available questions.

One guy wanted me to take money off the 9mm I was selling at pre covid pricing during the rush and wanted me to drive 20 miles one way to deliver it!
AZ_Five56
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by AZ_Five56 »

Harrier wrote: December 17th, 2020, 7:34 am Since we're b****'in...
That drives me nuts. If negotiation is going to happen at all, tell me what you want me to pay and maybe what you're basing that valuation on. If they ask me for my lowest price, I just tell them, "I'm asking [asking price], but I'm open to offers." Half the people won't even respond after that.
Harrier wrote: December 17th, 2020, 7:34 am reminds me of one time selling a horse... guy drives 200 miles with trailer to pickup horse - turns out to not be the guy who we talked with but his "brother in law" (another mexicant) - he only brought 200 less than the agreed on price- until I told bye-bye- he magically found the 200 in the truck - THEN he want me to give him gas money to get home...
It always helps your negotiations to know how far they're traveling from. Years back, I had a guy travel from Buckeye out to East Mesa to pick up a TV from me. It sounded like he was good on the price when we talked on the phone, but I guess he wanted to show off his negotiation skills in front of his wife. He offered me $50 less on a tv I was only selling for $200. And I just thought to myself, you couldn't pay me $50 to make that drive round trip. So, I just said I was firm on the price. It was embarrassing to watch the shame come over him in front of his wife. He probably told her that it was a sure thing that they would pay $50 less. But, they bought it. They were already in the sunk cost of the drive time and fuel money.
Harrier

Post by Harrier »

'you will remember the negotiation long after the price you paid'.

I usually do some research on what things in various conditions are selling for and keep tabs of the market for what I'm selling - so if I price something at or below fair market price, then I usually stand firm...

Sometimes I do tack on a little more than going price if I have to cover additional expenses... like multiple gun show entrance and 100 mile trips to sell something... BUT I do feel negotiation is part of a sale and if someone is willing to stand around and jaw with me a bit, get to know one another so to speak, I'll often come down that $50 they are asking for...

When I'm the buyer, I figure if I don't ask then i won't get, but there is a time and place and way to do that little dance.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

When I was still motorcycle shopping I would negotiate if I really wanted the bike but honestly thought the asking price was out of line. Some people think they have to tack on a bunch to get what they want and some people confuse old for antique and increased value. Your non running 40 yr old bike isn't worth more solely because it's 40 yrs old.

I do my research before buying or selling. I price my stuff accordingly and often sell at a bargain just to not have to haggle.

If someone offers me 300 for an excellent condition 686+ that I bought new and is less than 2 years old and has 300 rds thought it ... I hate you and your an idiot and I don't want to do business with you and yes ... it happened.

Some people think the sentence "I have cash in hand" means the cash has increased in value because they touched it. I wasnt going to accept your check or debit card so I had already assumed you would arrive with cash in hand!
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

Karens they are everywhere
AZ_Five56

Post by AZ_Five56 »

Boriqua wrote: December 17th, 2020, 9:39 am Some people think the sentence "I have cash in hand" means the cash has increased in value because they touched it. I wasnt going to accept your check or debit card so I had already assumed you would arrive with cash in hand!
:lol: I love getting to respond to that with, "I only take cash", as I look at them with a perplexed expression.

If the price seems fair, I just pay it, but I have a friend that goes into every purchase as a savage negotiation. Even if he's good with the price, he'll have a lowball offer in mind ahead of time and have that amount of cash in his pocket. So, after he throws the offer out, he immediately takes the cash out of his pocket and starts counting the money out. He said it's astonishing how just the sight of the money gets a huge amount of people to cave. I guess those were the desperate ones.
Hammer 35

Post by Hammer 35 »

I'm usually pretty good with taking an ad down. Typically before I leave the site of the transaction.

But yesterday I forgot a listing on one of the few sites I had it posted on.

Today, a guy emails me wanting to trade, LITERALLY a dream gun of mine for what I traded off for "something that'll work" and now I'm scrambling to see if we can make a different trade work out.