Anyone ever get a table at a gunshow?

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Dace
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Anyone ever get a table at a gunshow?

Post by Dace »

We are likely moving out of country for a job and I need to sell all my guns except for one or two. Has anyone ever gotten a table at a gunshow and did it work out okay? I am wondering what it is like.

curtmini14

Re: Anyone ever get a table at a gunshow?

Post by curtmini14 »

cheaper to sell it in the classifieds here.gunshow tables are not cheap anymore.and most of the venders will try to rip you if given a chance.
DrEarlCordova

Post by DrEarlCordova »

If you are going to do a gun show get a table at the Crossroads show the first weekend of December.
That is the best one of the year, and I expect this year to be really good.

I always have fun selling at the 3 day Crossroad show, but it is a lot of work if you do it right.

As far as other vendors go, they won't rip you off, but they will surely try and low ball you.
thom

Post by thom »

If you are going to do a gun show get a table at the Crossroads show the first weekend of December.
That is the best one of the year, and I expect this year to be really good.

So far that show has been cancelled due to chinese virus and it being on state property. Better to sell here.
tunnug

Post by tunnug »

Every few years a couple of friends and I get a table to get rid of anything extra that accumulates, works out to a little over $30 apiece, we have a good time and most years we sell quite a bit, plus it helps to have someone that can be there while you look around and stretch your legs.
Joelafives

Post by Joelafives »

tunnug wrote: November 4th, 2020, 10:41 am Every few years a couple of friends and I get a table to get rid of anything extra that accumulates, works out to a little over $30 apiece, we have a good time and most years we sell quite a bit, plus it helps to have someone that can be there while you look around and stretch your legs.
I think that is the way to do it for sure.
Harrier

Post by Harrier »

Here's an idea... how about a group get a table (either AZCDL or the board or some other conglomeration) and they man the table like a consignment affair (may be some legal issues to work out for firearms-like having a FFL)... then they sell the goods brought to them and keep a % of the price.
Complicated but once set-up could be a regular means for a lot of people to sell off unwanted gear, help an org and get some of their $$ back...
1down
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by 1down »

keepan eye on yur stiff.
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

I've done my own table a time or two, even solo. After my 2nd divorce was probably the first time, LOL. Traveled all the way to the Pima Fairgrounds, and I did alright. Anyhow, for those few other times, I've been able to count on the neighboring vendor to watch each other's gear. But, what Tunnug posted is certainly the preferred way to go.