Ammo Hoarding

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Basher
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Ammo Hoarding

Post by Basher »

Seems like these threads by Elk34 turn defensive in nature when people try to nail his wording down. Like he’s, oh, I dunno, trying to justify charging $1/round of 9mm? I mean, he can charge what he wants, but that doesn’t change the fact that he’s maybe “hoarding” a large amount so he can “gouge” others for a few thousand and still have enough for his one uses, perhaps? And he’s trying to make himself feel better about the whole thing?

Just a thought... ;)

Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

Basher wrote: March 21st, 2020, 6:18 pm Seems like these threads by Elk34 turn defensive in nature when people try to nail his wording down. Like he’s, oh, I dunno, trying to justify charging $1/round of 9mm? I mean, he can charge what he wants, but that doesn’t change the fact that he’s maybe “hoarding” a large amount so he can “gouge” others for a few thousand and still have enough for his one uses, perhaps? And he’s trying to make himself feel better about the whole thing?

Just a thought... ;)
You thinking you know what I have is funny. I'm just putting my thumb on some individuals that like to hate on me and watch them squirm a little. It's always funny how when I call them.on it and they try to turn it back on me. About my opinion doesn't count just theirs.
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

:dance: I'm just interested in where everyone stands on where the line is on hoarding and not hoarding.
delta6

Post by delta6 »

Elk34 wrote: March 21st, 2020, 5:48 pm
knockonit wrote: March 21st, 2020, 5:16 pm hell we shoot 5k in one day between the three of us, 10k of ammo is nothing for shooters
Now I think we know who Ranger1 is.
Yes..YOU :happy-partydance:
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

I know you would like it to be. But sorry to disappoint.
getsum

Post by getsum »

Kingjoey wrote: March 21st, 2020, 3:58 pm Having ammo is like having money, can't really put a limit on it. I have enough ammo to wipe out a small town....but I can always use another case 😉
I like the way you think!!
getsum

Post by getsum »

knockonit wrote: March 21st, 2020, 4:39 pm i wanna be a called a hoarder, ca',mon call me one
Rj
You hoarder.... :D
Tim McBride
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Tim McBride »

Elk34 wrote: March 21st, 2020, 6:24 pm :dance: I'm just interested in where everyone stands on where the line is on hoarding and not hoarding.
Neither hoarding nor price gouging exist in a free market. Such words are fairly communist in nature, as they assume a social contract of mutual ownership exists.
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

Ok let's take it another direction. Seeing how your not going to answer the question because of communistic aphobia. Here. At what round count would you be called a prepper of ammo by the public?
Tim McBride
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Tim McBride »

Elk34 wrote: March 21st, 2020, 7:53 pm Ok let's take it another direction. Seeing how your not going to answer the question because of communistic aphobia. Here. At what round count would you be called a prepper of ammo by the public?
I do not care how much ammo someone wants to own, nor do I care what the general public thinks about such things. Buy as little or as much as you want. Charge whatever you want. I like freedom.
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

It was just a simple question. Being a prepper, hoarder, gouger, bad person or good person. There is no law against it. I just wanted to know what everyone's idea was on the subject. I know what yours is. Now does anyone else want to chime in
getsum

Post by getsum »

Elk34 wrote: March 21st, 2020, 8:01 pm It was just a simple question. Being a prepper, hoarder, gouger, bad person or good person. There is no law against it. I just wanted to know what everyone's idea was on the subject. I know what yours is. Now does anyone else want to chime in
Simple reply...it's a free market society, supply and demand. I will give my neighbor a roll of TP for nothing but I will NOT go out and buy TP to attempt to sell it for an outrageous price. That's just being a d***head. Same situation happened not too many years ago for .22 ammo. Listen to history, it always repeats itself no matter how much you think you've learned.
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

Elk34 wrote: March 21st, 2020, 7:53 pm Ok let's take it another direction. Seeing how your not going to answer the question because of communistic aphobia. Here. At what round count would you be called a prepper of ammo by the public?
Depends on what public.
I am sure the public of San Fransisco would have a different opinion from the public in anywhere Arizona.
Personally I would go with anywhere Arizona.
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

getsum wrote: March 21st, 2020, 8:21 pm
Elk34 wrote: March 21st, 2020, 8:01 pm It was just a simple question. Being a prepper, hoarder, gouger, bad person or good person. There is no law against it. I just wanted to know what everyone's idea was on the subject. I know what yours is. Now does anyone else want to chime in

Simple reply...it's a free market society, supply and demand. I will give my neighbor a roll of TP for nothing but I will NOT go out and buy TP to attempt to sell it for an outrageous price. That's just being a d***head. Same situation happened not too many years ago for .22 ammo. Listen to history, it always repeats itself no matter how much you think you've learned.
That's just personal opinion. I know people that would not help their neighbors out at all. It's all about what's going on at the time it's going on. What circumstances you are in at that moment in time as well
underw0rld

Post by underw0rld »

An old man in Commiefornia had over 1 million rounds. I think that would be considered a hoard.