Gun Ban

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Boriqua
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Gun Ban

Post by Boriqua »

I do not know anything about retroactive. I was referring to any future purchases. Of course it is all speculation but taxes as deterrent is not new. Look at cigarettes

Chris_Y

Post by Chris_Y »

TheAccountant
Banned
Banned

Post by TheAccountant »

Biden said no new taxes on people on making under $400k. I don't see how they can tax firearms for only those making over $400k. I think we're safe.

They don't care about taxing what's in the safe. That doesn't do anything for them. The dollars are small and the gov could not care less if they actually have the money before they spend it. They care about taxing firearms so we can't fill another safe.

I think they will make a move to push as many firearms as possible into NFA. No, there won't be a tax on registration of the current firearms, but after they crank up the NFA tax it'll basically shut down new purchases. Next they'll get rid of the regulatory relief around estate transfers so that's no longer tax free. It'll take a generation or two, but eventually they'll reach liberal nirvana: only the elites will be armed.
Ben7

Post by Ben7 »

I’m 43 now, been paying attention to politics since my early teens. I don’t think it happens in my lifetime, but in my son’s lifetime I’ll bet he sees the end of private firearm ownership as we know it. Or at least it becomes taxed/regulated to the point where it isn’t feasible for the average person to be a gun owner anymore.
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

It will be the ammo.
My Father told me many years ago that they will never be able to take away the guns.
They will just make ammo so expensive that you won't be able to afford to shoot your guns , let alone load them.

I see a big ammo tax coming.
They are already trying it in a couple other states.
Cubiclerevolt

Post by Cubiclerevolt »

Instead of people here quaking in fear and wringing your hands...I say stand up and stop backing down. We need to assist each other if those bans come. Most importantly protect the companies who are manufacturing guns. As in, actually showing up and not letting them close down because some douche with a badge says so.

I'm living my life as is and do not have much of a concern. They can do what they want and so can I.

I am also confident Trump is going to pull through this election mess and we are going to keep the Senate. Once we do this then we can set our sights on 2022 and take the house.

Need to stop walking in fear but be absolved that you don't give a s*** what mordor on the potomac says and live your life accordingly.
Kingjoey

Post by Kingjoey »

curtmini14 wrote: November 9th, 2020, 3:42 pm did we not pass a law stating that the feds can not pass or inforce any thing pertaining to guns in arizona.
Do you think d***head Ducey or any of the other AZ corruptocrats are gonna risk losing federal freebies?
samnev

Post by samnev »

I'll start worrying if we loose the 2 runoffs for Senate in Georgia. Listening to Rush yesterday he expects more dirty tricks by thr Democrats in order to wins the runoffs and gain control of the Senate
fell

Post by fell »

gunpoorboy1 wrote: November 9th, 2020, 5:52 pm WHAT TAXES?
Are you talking about the taxes they may impose on the purchase of new firearms purchased after a certain date, or taxes on firearms already purchased and sitting in your safes?
that i dint seems to get either
rockbronco

Post by rockbronco »

Ballistic Therapy wrote: November 10th, 2020, 7:02 am It will be the ammo.
My Father told me many years ago that they will never be able to take away the guns.
They will just make ammo so expensive that you won't be able to afford to shoot your guns , let alone load them.

I see a big ammo tax coming.
They are already trying it in a couple other states.
I agree, they wont go after the guns themselves but ammo is their way in....
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Chris_Y wrote: November 9th, 2020, 9:09 pm Image
The Dragon Man in Colo. Springs, he’s a legend in that part of the state!
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Keep in mind BoJoe won’t be in office very long, it’s Camel Ahs show!
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

xerts1191 wrote: November 10th, 2020, 10:21 am Keep in mind BoJoe won’t be in office very long, it’s Camel Ahs show!
Yup. Here is to hoping we hold the senate!
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Amen
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

xerts1191 wrote: November 10th, 2020, 10:21 am Keep in mind BoJoe won’t be in office very long, it’s Camel Ahs show!
I'm already in a betting pool on another forum where the date of his removal or untimely demise is the target. All members pony up a box of 9mm ammo. Whomever calls it closest to the actual date gets the pot.