Can't wait for this $h!t to blowover

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
AZ_Five56
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Re: Can't wait for this $h!t to blowover

Post by AZ_Five56 »

needsmostuff wrote: April 14th, 2020, 7:39 am This whole thread kind of bothers me. It has a total ring of predatory superiority to it that really does not shine a good light. Is anyone here that hard up for guns they have to scheme for others poor decisions.
What happens if the "take a kid shooting" mentality is extended to include newbies. Conversion of the disbelievers is our ONLY hope .
The fact that they flooded out to buy a gun instead of toilet paper shows that a 2A/self defense seed is planted and must only be maintained for us to have a convert.
Sorry , don't mean to sound preachy but reread the whole thread . I just feel a different mindset could turn this into a WIN WIN.
I agree that it would be better to convert new gun owners to true 2A believers than get a good deal on a gun their dumping. Many of them are ripe for conversion. That's something that all of us can be working on now if we hear about someone we know picking up their first firearm. I think if they get to the point that they've decided to sell though, there's probably no changing that. I'd scoop up and good deals I can find at that point.

AZ_Five56

Post by AZ_Five56 »

ale4me wrote: April 13th, 2020, 8:14 pm There will be some opportunity here in guns, real estate and other things like restaurants. Everything will be on sale. My wife and I discussed buying a central Phoenix restaurant if prices get too low. Of course, AZS members will have the first couple drinks free, if that happens. 🍻
There are already some really great deals to be had out there. People are definitely dumping stuff cheap for cash since so many people are out of work. In my industry, I'm scooping up as much equipment as I can at the moment, sometimes for less than a third of its normal used value. Buy low, sell high!
Solar_Empire
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Post by Solar_Empire »

needsmostuff wrote: April 14th, 2020, 7:39 am This whole thread kind of bothers me. It has a total ring of predatory superiority to it that really does not shine a good light. Is anyone here that hard up for guns they have to scheme for others poor decisions.
What happens if the "take a kid shooting" mentality is extended to include newbies. Conversion of the disbelievers is our ONLY hope .
The fact that they flooded out to buy a gun instead of toilet paper shows that a 2A/self defense seed is planted and must only be maintained for us to have a convert.
Sorry , don't mean to sound preachy but reread the whole thread . I just feel a different mindset could turn this into a WIN WIN.
I used to have this mentality but after beating my head against the wall for years, I gave up. I would bet my last dollar the people who panic bought guns did so with everything else as well. The one question that always presented itself when trying to convince people about self defense was "well, I haven't needed one in the X number of years I've been alive so why now?" An easy counter was to ask why they have any type of insurance if they've never needed it, but all I ever got was a blank stare or the "well, that's different" line.

People bought these guns expecting to need to use them, they didn't have to shoot their way through costco this week for the last roll of sand paper grade TP, so they see no reason to keep them. It might sound like a defeatist attitude but I've come to believe that the people who will actually change will do so without any intervention from the likes of us. If you see a gun for sale, they've already made their decision.
bill460

Post by bill460 »

This is nothing new. And it is how fortunes are made and lost. One man's famine is another man's feast, so to speak. When these type of things happen, it presents rare opportunities that only come along once in a lifetime.

The last time was the Great Depression. While some were busy jumping out of windows, others were busy making millions. Many of the great Texas and New Mexico cattle ranches were bought up and built for pennies on the dollar back then. As the Dust Bowl gave up land by the thousands of sections. While some lost everything, others with money, and balls of solid brass, took a chance and invested in land that most banks couldn't give away. Because no one had anything to buy it with. And if they did, most thought the land would never recover.

Gloom and doom.... Just like today's liberals and all of their "climate change" malarkey that has us all choking to death on CO 2 in 10 years. Many today are mortgaged to the hilt. Along with massive credit card debt, student loans, car payments, and no way to pay any of it back. They will lose, while others with good financial discipline will come out on top. What your going to be witnessing in the next few years is pure Capitalism at it's finest. And while it's not kind, doesn't play "fair", and it takes no prisoners, I wouldn't want to have it any other way. Because this, the greatest nation of all time, was built on it.
monkeypaw

Post by monkeypaw »

Hmm, I'm going to have to start checking the yard sales.
FireArmTom

Post by FireArmTom »

AZ_Five56 wrote: April 10th, 2020, 11:33 pm I look forward to some good deals as well, but I would prefer it if all those new gun owners decided to keep them and start voting to protect their 2A rights. Wishful thinking? Maybe.

If you know anyone in your network that's new to gun ownership with all the panic buying, I'd encourage you to take them out shooting and help get them comfortable and having fun at the range.

Best answer!
Mossberg

Post by Mossberg »

If a gun newbie acquaintance were to offer me their newly acquired firearm cheap, I’d offer to take them shooting with my new gun😆
AZ_Five56

Post by AZ_Five56 »

Mossberg wrote: April 18th, 2020, 10:27 pm If a gun newbie acquaintance were to offer me their newly acquired firearm cheap, I’d offer to take them shooting with my new gun😆
Thanks FireArmTom, but this might be the best answer! :clap: