Can't wait for this $h!t to blowover

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Re: Can't wait for this $h!t to blowover

Post by Elk34 »

Not just guns but ammo too.

Jamnmike
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Post by Jamnmike »

mtptwo wrote: April 11th, 2020, 12:28 pm My guess is that most of the unwanted guns will end up being turned into Police stations. If they were antigun to begin with, why do you guys think they would want to sell them to someone else. "Get'em off the street" and all that jazz.
There were a bunch of guys parked outside the gun buy back area years ago and they were buying the guns and ammo for CHEAP! HEHEHEHE!
Maddog1

Post by Maddog1 »

Well you go always hope some of these people will actually shoot and change their minds and become pro gun.
Az desert rat 1

Post by Az desert rat 1 »

Maddog1. That sounds good. Let's just hope that some of the newbies to the gun world do take the time to learn to shoot and realize that a gun isn't evil. It's the evil person behind it. It would be nice to have some more progun voices out there. Lets keep our finger crossed. I'm going to keep my eyes and ears open for some good deals also.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

:shock: Well according to the Libs the NRA buys and sells guns all the time
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

For some people, heck yeah I would take advantage of their poor judgment and pick up bargains. But I would be on the lookout to convert as many new gun owners as possible to our side. Take them shooting. Get them signed up in classes. Try to persuade them to join AzCDL, GOA, etc.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

DRTDIVR wrote: April 11th, 2020, 11:18 am The unprepared where buying whatever was in-stock that the LGS had ammo for. They bought all kinds of things. Sure, 9mm Glock's went first but then went everything else so we might be surprised what pops up through the grapevine.
I witnessed this too. And it wasn't all bad. I saw a bunch of Ruger PC carbines and other PCCs getting bought up by first-timers. Some of those will be nifty acquisitions.
Yames82

Post by Yames82 »

If backpage was still around it would blow up in 6 months from now.
mjf

Post by mjf »

im betting they wont have the luxury to turn in to a police dept. they will be selling for rent or food.
Solar_Empire

Post by Solar_Empire »

I'm waiting on the j frames myself. New shooter with a cylinder of plus p and that'll be all she wrote. More snubbies for me!
toepopper

Post by toepopper »

Wonder how many "buy backs" will be sponsored by the evil ones to try and divert all the newly acquired weapons? If we find ways to get to them before the turn-in place, it could quite profitable!
ale4me

Post by ale4me »

There will be some opportunity here in guns, real estate and other things like restaurants. Everything will be on sale. My wife and I discussed buying a central Phoenix restaurant if prices get too low. Of course, AZS members will have the first couple drinks free, if that happens. 🍻
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

ale4me wrote: April 13th, 2020, 8:14 pm There will be some opportunity here in guns, real estate and other things like restaurants. Everything will be on sale. My wife and I discussed buying a central Phoenix restaurant if prices get too low. Of course, AZS members will have the first couple drinks free, if that happens. 🍻
I built quite a few restaurants over the years.
Restaurants are a big gamble.
Restaurants in Arizona have an 80% chance of failure.
I used to build restaurants for a guy that started some of the best restaurants in Arizona. A few were 5 star.
He would build them , get them going good and making money. As soon as they were making money and prosperous he would sell them. He made a fortune doing this. All the restaurants he built are now closed.
He would even buy failing restaurants and remodel them , rename them , get them going again and then sell them.
needsmostuff

Post by needsmostuff »

This whole thread kind of bothers me. It has a total ring of predatory superiority to it that really does not shine a good light. Is anyone here that hard up for guns they have to scheme for others poor decisions.
What happens if the "take a kid shooting" mentality is extended to include newbies. Conversion of the disbelievers is our ONLY hope .
The fact that they flooded out to buy a gun instead of toilet paper shows that a 2A/self defense seed is planted and must only be maintained for us to have a convert.
Sorry , don't mean to sound preachy but reread the whole thread . I just feel a different mindset could turn this into a WIN WIN.
Jack Dupp

Post by Jack Dupp »

needsmostuff wrote: April 14th, 2020, 7:39 am This whole thread kind of bothers me. It has a total ring of predatory superiority to it that really does not shine a good light. Is anyone here that hard up for guns they have to scheme for others poor decisions.
What happens if the "take a kid shooting" mentality is extended to include newbies. Conversion of the disbelievers is our ONLY hope .
The fact that they flooded out to buy a gun instead of toilet paper shows that a 2A/self defense seed is planted and must only be maintained for us to have a convert.
Sorry , don't mean to sound preachy but reread the whole thread . I just feel a different mindset could turn this into a WIN WIN.
:clap: :clap:

I do like the sentiment, ironically coming from a guy named "needsmostuff"! :lol: