Guns of Ukraine war picture thread

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Guns of Ukraine war picture thread

Post by Suck My Glock »

NATO supplies of stuff are so good now that even the COMBLOC weaponry gets outfitted with NATO accessories. The Russians and their allies almost NEVER put optics on their GPMGs, and even most of NATO didn't until relatively recently. But here is a sign of the influence of the training doctrine the west has been providing.

Another example of NATO influence on training. Here we see a Ukrainian impersonating a western SF operator; elbow tucked low, off hand far forward, driving the muzzle. Costa would be proud. Only the Makarov in the holster and the Ukraine emblem give him away.

FN SCAR-L, Daniel Defense AR15, suppressed Savage 10 BA

CZ Bren2

aroyobob

Post by aroyobob »

Didn't see this one, traditional outfits with PPsh and Mauser
Traditional outfits.jpg
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Girls with guns thread 😊
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

We already know the Russian weapon systems like the AK and PKM run just fine in frozen conditions. But I wonder how well Stoner's AR systems will fare this winter in Ukraine?

The Ukrainians are upgrading their basic AK74s whenever they can. More and more often examples like this are being seen. This a member of the 227th Territorial Defense Battalion, specifically created to defend Kharkiv, undergoing training. His issued rifle has a full-length railed aluminum heat shield forearm, originally popular only on civilian-owned AKs, but the government has been putting them on more and more rifles. Same with optics. At the beginning of the war, few AK rifles in service had any. Now there quite a few outfitted with either red dots or magnified scopes. Jumping in and out of vehicles is easier with folding stocks, so many like the one here are being retrofitted to rifles that formerly had fixed stocks.

Thermal sight is a Ukrainian-made Archer TSA-7, mounted on Zbroyar-10 (AR10 copies).

More and more Remington ACRs are showing up in Ukraine. Apparently, as part of its recovery from the dead, the new reborn Remington cut a deal with Ukraine and has started supplying ACRs to some of the Territorial Defense Force units. This picture is from last week on the west bank of the Dnieper in Kherson. Likewise, Poland bought some of these from the old Remington back before Poland withdrew from Afghanistan and issued them to their recon/intel SF unit known as the SWW, back before Poland adopted and issued the GROT. Poland has already donated GROTs to Ukraine, and probably also their Remington ACRs now that the GROT has been adopted and issued across all Polish armed services.

American volunteer attached to the Marines, with his suppressed Malyuk. The guy behind him has a suppressed Z-10.

Another Marine, this time with another Beretta MG42/59

Russian sniper, suppressed Dragunov

Ukrainian sniper in Kherson, keeping watch across the Dnieper River with his M14.
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

Suck My Glock wrote: November 25th, 2022, 2:05 pm We already know the Russian weapon systems like the AK and PKM run just fine in frozen conditions. But I wonder how well Stoner's AR systems will fare this winter in Ukraine?
Garand Thumb did a comparison on his channel a while back.

underw0rld

Post by underw0rld »

Use a PFPE Fluorinated Oil and they are rated to -90. I know for a fact the M249 would not run with the suggested LSP when it got colder than 35 back in the day
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

These are Russian defectors fighting for Ukraine. Their name for themselves is "Legion", hence the L-shaped gang sign. They are all outfitted with donated FN-2000 bullpups.
Mike-4

Post by Mike-4 »

FN 2000s?! Wow! First time I've seen them photographed in an actual conflict. Thanks for all your postings!
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

So,...if you catch a round directly in a grenade on your chest gear,...does it go boom?

The answer is;...sometimes. Depends on the grenade and how hard it was hit and with what. If the round punches through to the detonator,...goodnight Francis. But as these pictures show, sometimes your ornaments stop those angry hornets from stinging you.

Here's an old Soviet F1 grenade that took a 7.62x39 round centered to the main body. Did it not go off because the projectile didn't impact the detonator, or because it was typical soviet quality control and was a dud to begin with? Who knows?

Here's a later Russian RGD5, hit by a 5.45x39 projectile, probably after first ricochetting off of something else first.

And here's an Israeli-produced copy of the American M67, with a steel core from a 7.62x54R that has already shed most of itself after already perforating through something else before hitting the grenade.

A Ukrainian riverine raider with his Polish 40mm 6-shooter.

A Russian sniper with a KSVK 6S8-1 bullpup rifle chambered in 12.7x108 back in September, near Horlivka.

Congrats comrade, you've been drafted into the glorious Russian Army.
But I'm a man of God.
Get in the phucking truck.
XJThrottle

Post by XJThrottle »

Red dot on a grenade launcher..?.. The elevation adjustment is probably spot on too.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

A unit equipped with FN SCAR-Ls

Another CZ Bren-2

A rare suppressed Makarov PB

A Ukrainian sniper and his Desert Tech bullpup

Happiness is a warm Tucson-made Milkor M32A1
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

American volunteer on the left (notice flag patch and Mandalorian patch on chest) carries an old-school 7.62 AK sporting an EOTech, while his buddy has a rather new-looking AR with a free-float barrel shroud and an ancient-looking red dot (or illuminated scope?)

Barrett M107A1 + March Genesis 6-60x56 ELR

Photo from about 2 months ago of a Ukrainian checking out his newly issued Barrett MRAD and Leupold.

M240 is popular in Ukraine.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

This Ukrainian PKM machinegunner must have attended Big Sandy, because he was able to knock down an Iranian Kamikazie drone. Oooh- rah!!!!

Another Barrett MRAD on the range

In fact, more and more focus is being put on aerial gunnery so as to try to take down those relatively slow moving Iranian kamikaze drone/cruise-missiles.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Here's a member of FOG (Forward Observation Group) assigned to moto recon, with his SIG MCX and a captured AK12. Note is wearing the new "Predator" pattern camo that started getting issued to snipers and special forces types just before the snow started.

2 Barretts on the range; an M107 and an MRAD

Here's some good footage showing how effective drone-dropped munitions right on top of the trenches can be. Not safe for work or kids. Graphic. But if you love watching Russians get schwacked,....

In war, you sleep where you find a bed,...even if it's a weird vibe.

The photo show a 7.62x51mm FN SCAR-H rifle equipped with a captured Soviet 'PU' telescopic sight. Apparently removed from a Mosin-Nagant and repurposed.

Can you identify this Ukrainian soldier's rifle just from the barrel? (I'll give you a hint - it's Polish)
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »