Another member of the school shooting club

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Pro2a
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Another member of the school shooting club

Post by Pro2a »

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/18/us/texas ... index.html

This is at least the second one I can remember where the legal weapons were taken from the parents. I can see people wanting to hold the parents accountable, but why should the parents who are legally holding/storing be held responsible.
Where is that fine line between a gun safely stored away from unauthorized access, yet readily available for self defense?

338lapua

Re: Another member of the school shooting club

Post by 338lapua »

I have long said the only gun control I am favor of is that you provide proof that guns are secured. Maybe if this s*** stain had them locked up this would not have happened. I owned a gun safe and a reloader prior to bringing home my first purchase. Sorry but no kid needs the combo to the gun safe. Tired of paying the price for inept parents that can't lock s*** up.
Crippledtrigger

Post by Crippledtrigger »

I wouldn't go as far as to make blanket statements about who can access guns in the home. 17 year old kids are damn near adults. Parents refusing to ensure they aren't raising animals is the problem. My little baby's are good kids syndrome.

This said in every case where one of the kids took their parents guns there was ample clear evidence the kid was phuked up. This kid is wearing a black trench with Nazi pins on it. Any parent that gives a s*** should easily see something isn't right.
Flash

Post by Flash »

It's impossible to provide proof that guns are secured. You can prove you own a safe but you can't prove anything beyond that.

States that have laws about this sort of thing, like Kali, always decline to prosecute the people who let the wrong people have access to their guns. They always say something like "they've suffered enough."

We don't need more laws.
shawnff

Post by shawnff »

I agree they need to be locked up, but the only way I see this being stopped is the parents of these kids, and family being involved. If your kids have signs of trouble the guns should be removed from the house, or at best secured by a safe that is going to stop a determined teen.
Manitu

Post by Manitu »

School shooting prevention : If you continue to do what you have always done you will get what you have always had.
Gunslinger808
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Gunslinger808 »

Back when I was 12 or so, my dad used to have me get the guns out of the safe for him, by 14 I doubt he even remembered the combo.
Azbuilder

Post by Azbuilder »

Manitu wrote: May 22nd, 2018, 6:49 pm School shooting prevention : If you continue to do what you have always done you will get what you have always had.
Well said ! Noah ##№#@ from Red for Ed was quoted as saying we need more gun free zones and signage ¿????WTF!
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Boils down to people reproducing that shouldn't, total lack of parenting, I firmly believe these "so called" parents should be held responsible for these acts their demon spawn commit.
Jamnmike

Post by Jamnmike »

Well sheeiit. For those that really know me, know that Ive never had a safe before. My kids are 19, 15 and 14. Boy, boy , girl showed them what a gun can do. Told them if they wanted to see it they can ask me. Long behold no interest whatsoever. I've taken them shooting and they know the fundamentals. But, surprise. Newborn comes along 6 months old and yes....what do I do. I GET A DAMN SAFE. geeeeezzzz. I used to have guns everywhere with no issue. But, gotta be safe so i got a safe .... lol. Ain't that like a pun or something?