Antifa and BLM now stopping traffic at gunpoint - video

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
cool arrow
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Antifa and BLM now stopping traffic at gunpoint - video

Post by cool arrow »

SecretV wrote: August 24th, 2020, 11:53 am Some people have been shot just for reaching for their waistline as shared previously on the forum.
She has a gun hidden in her waistband and fired it while trying to get away. She was NOT shot just for reaching for her waistband, that is an outright lie.

https://www.azfamily.com/news/police-id ... c1d93.html
When officers arrived on the scene and started talking to McCreary, she told them she did not have a gun, Thompson said. “While speaking to the woman, it was discovered she had a misdemeanor warrant for her arrest and what were believed to be illegal drugs in her bag. As the officers attempted to detain her, she struggled to get away and pulled out a handgun from her waist area.”

Thompson said McCreary fired one round during the struggle, “narrowly missing the officers.” He said she still had the gun in her hand when she pulled away. That’s when two officers fire at her. McCreary was in critical but stable condition when she was taken to the hospital. She’s now being held at Maricopa County’s Fourth Avenue Jail on three counts of aggravated assault, and one count each of resisting arrest, drug possession and weapons misconduct.

SecretV

Post by SecretV »

cool arrow wrote: August 25th, 2020, 6:23 pm
SecretV wrote: August 24th, 2020, 11:53 am Some people have been shot just for reaching for their waistline as shared previously on the forum.
She has a gun hidden in her waistband and fired it while trying to get away. She was NOT shot just for reaching for her waistband, that is an outright lie.

https://www.azfamily.com/news/police-id ... c1d93.html
When officers arrived on the scene and started talking to McCreary, she told them she did not have a gun, Thompson said. “While speaking to the woman, it was discovered she had a misdemeanor warrant for her arrest and what were believed to be illegal drugs in her bag. As the officers attempted to detain her, she struggled to get away and pulled out a handgun from her waist area.”

Thompson said McCreary fired one round during the struggle, “narrowly missing the officers.” He said she still had the gun in her hand when she pulled away. That’s when two officers fire at her. McCreary was in critical but stable condition when she was taken to the hospital. She’s now being held at Maricopa County’s Fourth Avenue Jail on three counts of aggravated assault, and one count each of resisting arrest, drug possession and weapons misconduct.
That was meant more to illustrate how quickly something unseen can become something deadly.
cool arrow

Post by cool arrow »

ah, ok! ;)

head on a swivel, that situation could have gone very badly very quickly for those officers
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

I don't know why that skank methy looking pig b**** wasnt sitting on the curb in cuffs. Call was for a gun incident. I don't care if the desease riddled skank ho has a vagina. She sits on the curb until further notice
Boriqua

Re: It wasn't unseen.

Post by Boriqua »

Jager wrote: August 25th, 2020, 10:13 pm It was not noted.

None of the officers noticed she had a pouch on her waist - shaped like a gun. On a call where it was reported she had been firing a gun. Oops.

With .357 rounds in her backpack, that means .357 revolver. I carried a 4" .357 Magnum for 13 years because out of a 4" barrel (or greater) it was in the 90+ percentile for one shot stops in police shootings with Federal (my preferred choice) or Remington 125 grain JHP's; which is what I loaded up with back then. .357 Magnum hurts.

https://www.chuckhawks.com/handgun_power_chart.htm

The link shows one shot stop percentages. 96%. Higher than .40, .44 Mag, 10mm. No .357 Sig, but it's an old chart from back in the day. And Marshall and Sanow were hacks. I've always been a Fackler kind of guy. But pretty much everyone's charts reflect a similar trend. .357 Magnum holds the record when it comes to one shot stops in police shootings as a general observation. If anyone has better data, please post it.

She could have done some damage had she been able to un-ass her gun more quickly and I'm GLAD she was slow.

Also notice that the officers pew pew'd her multiple times and she was still articulating her surrender and survived her ride to the hospital. Probably .40 caliber. It practically bounces off bad guys. And even bad girls. But hey, .40 S&W was designed for girls. :lol:

Stirring the pot...hehehe.

Phoenix P.D.. I love 'em. I think they do a great job. But they have been having a bad run as of late with either bad guys getting the upper hand, coming close to, or them shooting people that don't require shooting. My only suggestion is it's a tough job - I can't do it - but they could benefit from some additional training - especially on domestic violence calls. They are a grab bag of unknowns - DV calls, but the common theme with Phoenix P.D. seems to be failure to secure the suspected firearm.
You will very often find this on my person. Was my carry for the last several years.
Ruger and new shoes.jpg
Someone seriously tried to convince me that with new bullet technology .. it was no better than a 9mm. Yea
coupeman

Post by coupeman »

Lobo2087 wrote: August 13th, 2020, 8:14 am More firepower? What do you guys think is going to happen? A firebase gloria firefight? Gonna set up some foogas?

Carry a handgun for self defense, sure. Use it in self defense? Absolutely. However I fail to see where you think carrying a rifle in a vehicle is going to be of any use in a situation like that.

You going to exit the vehicle? For one if I was outside the driver door and you tried exiting you would be beat silly with the door frame before you could fart. Stay in the car, keep the doors locked, smaller easier to control entry points rather than an open door.

Stay in your car and, god forbid it come to it, defend yourself with your handgun if you absolutely must, however you're not working a rifle inside a car but maybe in one direction left or right, and drive out of the problem. Let the vehicle take the beating, not you.

Taking a rifle into a mob with no back up is only going to give the mob another rifle if and when they decide to stomp you into putty. Being inside a car is much different than being on foot where you can move.

I agree with staying in the car, but I have a rifle that would easily point anywhere I wanted inside that cab and would rather use that to defend myself if I had to. They already had a pistol, I'm gonna use something better and more accurate.
Firewhenready7

Post by Firewhenready7 »

Where are the cops...This is a felony and someone is going to get shot...They do that to me, they will get shot.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

THE WRATH OF THE AWAKENED SAXON
by Rudyard Kipling

It was not part of their blood,
It came to them very late,
With long arrears to make good,
When the Saxon began to hate.

They were not easily moved,
They were icy -- willing to wait
Till every count should be proved,
Ere the Saxon began to hate.

Their voices were even and low.
Their eyes were level and straight.
There was neither sign nor show

It was not preached to the crowd.
It was not taught by the state.
No man spoke it aloud

It was not suddently bred.
It will not swiftly abate.
Through the chilled years ahead,
When Time shall count from the date
That the Saxon began to hate.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Well,...it looks like Howie over at UNAMMO reads the forum, because he has .410 Dragon's Breath in stock.
Pale Rider

Post by Pale Rider »

This guy isn't having any of these dumb asses bullshit.

knockonit

Post by knockonit »

lol, my kinda driver
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Surplus cop car
Crippledtrigger

Post by Crippledtrigger »

Lol. NYPD put out a statement immediately that it wasn't their car.
Dauph

Post by Dauph »

Man accused of shooting and killing Austin protester indicted on felony murder, aggravated assault charges

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/ ... t-charges/
AUSTIN (KXAN) — A man who previously said he shot and killed a protester out of self defense in downtown Austin in July 2020 has been indicted on felony charges of murder and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and a misdemeanor charge of deadly conduct, according to a statement from his lawyer.

The lawyer says Daniel Perry posted a $300,000 bond and has been released from custody.

Perry “will vigorously fight all of these charges,” the lawyer says. Police identified the man killed in the July 25, 2020 shooting as Garrett Foster.
Miker12

Post by Miker12 »

Dauph wrote: July 2nd, 2021, 10:17 am Man accused of shooting and killing Austin protester indicted on felony murder, aggravated assault charges

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/ ... t-charges/
AUSTIN (KXAN) — A man who previously said he shot and killed a protester out of self defense in downtown Austin in July 2020 has been indicted on felony charges of murder and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and a misdemeanor charge of deadly conduct, according to a statement from his lawyer.

The lawyer says Daniel Perry posted a $300,000 bond and has been released from custody.

Perry “will vigorously fight all of these charges,” the lawyer says. Police identified the man killed in the July 25, 2020 shooting as Garrett Foster.
Attachments
69E64E61-BA31-4D0B-9F80-F0A4CE5EA0C1.jpeg
arp-1n37gr_s.jpg