NY Attorney Dissolve the NRA

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
xerts1191
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: NY Attorney Dissolve the NRA

Post by xerts1191 »

smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

WLP: "New York is suing the NRA and charging me with stealing!"
Me: "Have you tried not doing that?"
jls in az

Post by jls in az »

Like I said- fifth column diverting attention again. It's not about WLP, it's about shutting down the NRA in an election year. Those on here who continue to point to WLP, either consciously or unconsciously are aiding the NY AG and the Dems to stop the NRA in an election year.
High Standard

Post by High Standard »

I am very disappointed that the NRA is having issues. As soon as I heard about the problems there a few years ago I stopped supporting them financially. They need to get their house back in order because they have basically turned their backs on the 2A community IMHO.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

issue will be the die hard believes of wlp, will whole heartedly support his thieving ass, and i suspect he much like epstein knows of quite a few skeletons for some.

I stepped away a few years ago, right after cox moved up, it was clear he was a clone of wlp, and when his pants got too big, wlp ditched his ass.

they will never in my mind be the powerhouse of 2nd amendment fighters, they have lost that special thing i thought they had. Shame as we do need a national fighter, but i fear they have really not been that for years, at least in my opinion.
locally we be good to go.
thanks goodness
Rj
action magic

Post by action magic »

Exactly. The piece of s*** (WLP) knew they were being watched but continued his /their thievery. Did not stop, did not control and certainly did not care. f*** him, f*** the NRA and every single.one of the sycophant followers. And oh yeah, there is no 5th column (to the mental midget that continues to bark out his a**hole) affirmation here. Just truth...
jls in az

Post by jls in az »

This a purely political act driven by an AG elected with George Soros money. The purpose is to divide and conquer the NRA from within. As you can tell from this thread, it is working. There are people on here whose sole purpose is to stoke dissent within the ranks and drive a wedge between NRA members and dilute their political influence. Keep that in mind. WLP needs to go- AFTER THE NEXT ELECTION. In the meantime, we need all four of the major pro-gun organizations to protect our rights.

This election is the most critical in our lifetimes. The Communist Left will do anything to win. If you don't think they will break election laws to win, just remember they are the same ones rioting and looting in the streets now. Our university campuses are hotbeds of election fraud and communist conspiracy, so any polling place on a campus must be watched and documented like a hawk. Be prepared to observe, document, file formal complaints and charges and testify in court.

Make no mistake, the Left's Brown Shirts will threaten, intimidate and commit acts of violence against those who oppose them: so, be prepared to protect yourself. Be prepared to challenge media accounts of the election and aftermath.
Maestro

Re: Nice entrechat.

Post by Maestro »

Jager wrote: August 12th, 2020, 11:39 pm The NRA claims what - 4 million members? What's that, $35/year each? Not including donations, NRA/ILA, endowments, corporate sponsorship, advertising revenue...the list goes on. Even at $25, that's 100 million a year.

They spent $350,000 in Virginia, knowing the gun control lobby was tossing 2.5 million into the fray.

That's 1/3 of 1%.

Where's all that money going?

The same gun control groups are spending 5 million here in Arizona. Twice what they spent in Virginia.

You're the barking seal. How much is the NRA spending here? You should be able to snap to like a good Fudd seal and spit that answer out like a burst from a Mac-10.
First, I have nothing against the guy you're responding too, jls in az. But your post was simply brilliant and made some outstanding points. Where is that money going if not to defend our rights? That's the whole purpose.

Don't forget about the income they get for certifying people as instructors. Which is something of which they do a good job. But again, that's more revenue in and no visible revenue out except for advertisements asking us to join the NRA.

To jls in az: of course the timing of the lawsuit was deliberate and political. That does not invalidate the accusations being made.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

folks can defend the NRA all they want, its credibility is damaged, perhaps beyond repair, due to WLP and his pundents, the mass exodus will damage the bottom line, and prohibit all but the brain dead to remain and provide them with their $$$,
to expunge him failed, no one had the wear for all to take him down, only goes to show you how much dirt or closet shiat he has on everyone, and most likely gathered at the NRA's membership costs.

hes been a crook since he began his tenure, i left many years ago, when i saw the ousting of several other members and focused on the local battle,
NRA has been no friend to Arizona, just take a look at the NRA mentored bullshiat target ranges they helped the real BLM come up with, their guys/gals, have no idea what desert shooters want or how they go about their biz. oh wait, lets diss the desert shooters now to deflect from the op.
just saying
bye............................present top dogs of NRA
Rj
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

jls in az

Post by jls in az »

Jager-

Are you supporting Mark Kelly? You put up a good front but fail to tell the truth. The majority of the money going to the NRA is not supposed to go to political action, that's what the NRA ILA is for. Remember, the primary mission of the NRA is promoting the shooting sports, providing training, organizing and hosting tournaments, etc. That is where the money should be going, not to political action. That came about as a result of the GCA of 1968. It is a shame that we even have to have a political arm to protect a Right specifically enumerated in the Constitution.

Should WLP go and the whole bunch be prosecuted? Yes. After the election. Those found guilty of crimes should be forced to make restitution for any misappropriated funds. The NRA Charter and Bylaws should be re-written to set the salary of any officer of the organization at no more than $150,000.00 per year and severely restrict any expenses to those directly related to the organization's business.

Are you one of those who is willing to throw the political power of over 5 million NRA members under the bus? You are the fool being misled by this purely political lawsuit. If there was evidence of a crime, why weren't the perpetrators charged? Where are the indictments? Why dissolve the whole organization? Could it be that the allegations can't be proven in a court of law beyond a reasonable doubt? Could it be this suit is just more political crap in an election year? You sound just like all the Soros and Bloomberg paid shills that are present on these boards.

Like I said, we need all the pro-gun orgs standing and fighting during this election. The communist left will spare no expense nor deny any underhanded or illegal action to win this election. They will spend whatever it takes to spread disinformation on boards such as these and dissent in the firearms community. You, unfortunately, whether knowingly or unknowingly are a classic example.
Maestro

Post by Maestro »

jls in az wrote: August 19th, 2020, 6:35 pm that's what the NRA ILA is for.
You make some good points. But to me, the important point is the one above. I understand what you are saying about them promoting shooting sports and all that, but they bill themselves as the defenders of our 2nd amendment rights. Yet the NRA ILA was nowhere to be found in Virginia. There was nothing from them in AZ either during this new push.

I had commented that they do a good job on the training and certification side. That is not in doubt. I guess my only question is "what have you done for me lately?" Doesn't matter if they certify a million firearms instructors if the RTKBA is taken away from us. That failure on the political front while WLP spends the membership fees of thousands to take vacations is why there is so much animosity towards the organization.

Nature abhors a vacuum. Maybe the loss of the NRA is what is needed for GOA and others to really make the headway we need in the protection of our rights.

FREE SHILL FOR GOA AND AZCDL!!
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

the die hards, problem is nra has and hopefully will in future do what is was intended for, but for many years wlp has failed the mission, with his greed and his pundents, i stepped off years ago, at the sniff of a first scandal, as did perhaps many others, only way to get rid of his cheating thieveing ass is to hit the bottom line, bummer what a great group it was, perhaps its time has passed and another will fill the void.
happy days
Rj
Flash

Post by Flash »

Smithers is correct. We need the NRA but not the people currently running it.
jls in az

Post by jls in az »

Jager-

Did I touch a nerve? Perhaps pull the shroud back a little bit? How much is Kelly and company paying you?