NY Attorney Dissolve the NRA

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
xerts1191
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: NY Attorney Dissolve the NRA

Post by xerts1191 »

xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

https://50statereport.com/fedex-doubles ... a-members/
Fed Ex says they still support the NRA and gun community, I see they are now catching a ton of crap from the anti’s
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

knockonit

Post by knockonit »

just can't fix stupid people, goes to show you what a grifter the sob is WLP that is, and the thievery will continue
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

knockonit wrote: March 30th, 2021, 6:26 am just can't fix stupid people, goes to show you what a grifter the sob is WLP that is, and the thievery will continue
I once knew a guy who sent $5000 to Jimmy Swaggart. "Really, after he got caught banging that young girl?" "Hey, I saw him apologize on TV. He even cried, right on TV! He asked the Lord to forgive him. If the Lord can forgive him, I can." So, Swaggart got five grand from that guy and from who knows how many others. There's one born every minute.

WLP, on the other hand, hasn't even admitted he sinned, or asked for forgiveness. But people still send him money.

Meanwhile, what has the NRA been doing about all the anti-gun legislation going on right now?

It's sad, but we are on our own.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

jls in az

Post by jls in az »

WLP and Co. need to be indicted and prosecuted for the crimes he committed, but you notice the NY AG didn't do that. She wants to destroy the entire NRA and divide up its assets among other NY non-profits. Notice no-one has done that to other non-profits who has crooks in leadership positions.

This has nothing to do with the crimes WLP committed and everything to do with destroying the NRA in spite of the 5 million members nationwide who support most of the programs the NRA provides.

Let the bankruptcy play out and move the organization charter to Texas. THEN indict WLP and his cronies for theft, malfeasance and a host of other crimes
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

xerts1191 wrote: April 22nd, 2021, 9:43 am https://www.newsmax.com/us/nra-guns/202 ... d/1018553/
NRA plan against Biden
Whoa! Two million dollars! They must be really serious about this. That's almost two months of legal fees to Brewer's law firm.
https://nrawatch.org/filing/nra-motion- ... ankruptcy/
Brewer himself has been named as a likely witness in litigations the NRA faces. The NRA’s last two nonprofit filings with the IRS, for 2018 and 2019, indicate that the NRA has paid $38.5 million in legal fees to the Brewer firm.
samnev

Post by samnev »

That 2 mill is a paltry sum for such a large push by B & H.
knockonit

Re: Such is the legacy of fraud and grifting.

Post by knockonit »

Jager wrote: April 24th, 2021, 10:14 am It would be a great day seeing LaPierre being frog marched and spending his remaining days in prison, along with a handful of others.
ditto
AZHTfreak

Re: Such is the legacy of fraud and grifting.

Post by AZHTfreak »

knockonit wrote: April 24th, 2021, 11:25 am
Jager wrote: April 24th, 2021, 10:14 am It would be a great day seeing LaPierre being frog marched and spending his remaining days in prison, along with a handful of others.
ditto
x2
jls in az

Post by jls in az »

I'm surprised he didn't wet himself when he screwed up the shot on the elephant.
Gatsby
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter

Post by Gatsby »

The justice department weighed in and opposed the bankruptcy claiming lack of oversight. I cannot find a reputable news source for this article that's not behind a paywall; I'm sorry, but at least you can read the start from WSJ and Bloomberg (as a last resort):

https://www.wsj.com/articles/justice-de ... 1620087839

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ells-judge

I'm on strike against Reuters since 2018 so I refuse to visit the site, although most of their reporting is reputable. I filed a complaint using their "journalistic standards" process and the article was taken down, but I hold a grudge. (shrug) I'm sure I'm not the only one who filed a complaint though.
smithers599

Re: Outstanding Article about NRA/WLP/AckMac

Post by smithers599 »

https://nraindanger.wordpress.com/2021/ ... nra-issue/
His handlers are what mattered, and they paid themselves very well. At the end, Angus McQueen’s firm was handing itself $40 million a year for publicity that few ever saw. His firm controlled NRA internal politics, excluding directors that it saw as threats to its control. The board itself knew that for any director to question Ackerman McQueen, even privately, was professional suicide. All NRA employees knew the same. Let it be rumored that you’d raised questions and you’d be standing in the unemployment line. Today of course the Brewer law firm has taken over that role, and is handing itself the tens of millions that formerly went to McQueen. LaPierre and the board follow it as blindly as they had followed McQueen. File for bankruptcy? Sure. You swindled us into supposedly approving bankruptcy? No problem. Put five million in a trust account that only you control? Where do we wire the money?