NY Attorney Dissolve the NRA

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
knockonit
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: NY Attorney Dissolve the NRA

Post by knockonit »

The damage to the nra has been done, it will never be the power house it was till the present pundits are removed, the money tree is drying up, and other groups are gaining ground with the $$ going to them bummer for sure, but the writing is on the wall, some just refuse to read it.
not something i want, but truth hurts

xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

xerts1191 wrote: August 26th, 2020, 12:16 pm ACLU sezzz https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/aclu- ... -to-exist/
Didn't expect to read that.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

XJThrottle wrote: August 26th, 2020, 3:19 pm
xerts1191 wrote: August 26th, 2020, 12:16 pm ACLU sezzz https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/aclu- ... -to-exist/
Didn't expect to read that.
Surprises me, too. However, I don't expect the NY AG to say "Well, since you put it that way, I'll drop the case."
Biggame223
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by Biggame223 »

The NRA spent 50+ million in 2016 to elect President Trump, so the NRA getting hammered on all fronts going into the 2020 election season is not surprising. Sadly many gunowners will gladly hold the NRA down while the NYAG cuts the NRA's throat....not realizing that their throat is next.
jls in az

Post by jls in az »

Once again SFB, nobody here is supporting or defending WLP and company. They deserve to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and any moneys they have embezzled, returned. You blaming the NRA and the NY AG trying to dissolve the organization is just like the a$$holes blaming the victim in a rape case. The NRA and its members are the victims here, but that doesn't matter to you does it? All this suit to dissolve the NRA is attempting to do is dissuade NRA members from taking part in the election by supporting the candidates the left hates. Are you trying to do that too? You sure sound like it.
SecretV

Post by SecretV »

They're in the same place they were in when Virginia turned anti 2a.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

As the sound of taps can be heard gently being played in the distance
action magic

Post by action magic »

Flash

Post by Flash »

It's amazing to me that gun owners gleefully hope for the demise of the NRA, the only organization in existence with the clout to change votes in the House and Senate to help the gun owner.

It's kind of like providing the rope to others to let them hang you.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

It is unfortunate, but wlp seems to want to create the demise of the organization rather than step down and let it regain is day in the sun.

The coup of last year failed, so one can only come to conclusion to oust him is to create failure of the entity.
they were the gorilla in the room, but i think that day has passed with present atmosphere of their troubles
rj
tlieberman240

Post by tlieberman240 »

The current state of tribalism in this country has made it impossible for so many to call out their own when they're doing/have done something wrong.

The NRA is not exempt from scrutiny. Trump isn't either, but people will peddle excuses for him all day. That's another topic, though.

If their (the NRA) whole pitch is for people to become members and pay fees which are intended (in some way) to be directed towards advocacy and activism on behalf of the 2nd amendment, and they continue to not take real action in places that need it, then they deserve whatever they get.

At that point, they're no better than all the virtue signalling people on social media who change their profile picture in response to a tragic world event, acting as though they've done something, while - in reality - they've contributed nothing.
Flash

Re: Nice try - but a fail.

Post by Flash »

Jager wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 1:52 pm
Who is calling for the demise of the NRA? Did you just make that up because you thought it sounded good? If not, point out who in this thread said they hoped for the NRA to be dissolved?
Well, since you seem to lack reading comprehension, here's a list and then I'm done with this thread.

impulse
gunsnboobs
jager
action magic
Maestro
tlieberman240
High Standard

Post by High Standard »

I received an email this morning from the ASRPA. Apparently they met with the NRA-ILA grassroots person in charge of raising money. The ASRPA is asking for volunteers and donations to help out for the election. So while I am not seeing them spend any money, they certainly are trying to raise money out here.

I stopped giving money to the NRA last year when all of this came to light for me. I honestly thought Oliver North would be able to clean up this mess. I decided to give my money to the GOA and local gun clubs. I won’t give them another dime until this situation is cleared up. I am already a Patron Life Member so I have already given them enough money over the years. It’s time for those corrupt leaders to come clean and resign. This needs to stop now and we need new leadership to take the NRA forward. JMHO
Pale Rider

Post by Pale Rider »

The vast majority of gun owners that I see and talk to, just want the NRA to use the funds wisely that we give them. The current people in charge have been playing billionaire with our money and it's not right. The attack on the NRA from these gun grabbing political operatives is even more appalling. If LaPierre and his cronies hadn't been playing rich guys with our money it never would have come to this. The gun grabbers will twist anything to attack the 2nd amendment and the NRA. That's the one thing that should have been learned by now. This was also done to cause conflict among us. This thread needs to be locked, it's completely unproductive now.