Demostrators marching into burbs, looking to get shot

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
Lobo2087
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Demostrators marching into burbs, looking to get shot

Post by Lobo2087 »

I dont suppose i was clear, i meant the display in the context. If as the videos show the group was marching past and not rushing the home or occupants there would generally be little to no reason to exit your home, leave the protection it provides to confront them and require the display.

Sorry i should have clarified

Harrier

Post by Harrier »

After seeing those interior pics I'd say their taste is in their mouth...
I'm really surprised he doesn't have a fully engraved, gold plated AK instead of that stock 20" AR- maybe it's a real M16?
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

The guy gave a pretty good after-the-fact interview:

https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/local ... FIojyKxvVM
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

can't say i'd done much different, whats mine is mine, i worked for it, very hard, and be dammed if some knuckleheaded group is gonna take it down or destroy it or intimidate me. not in my nature, per law or not.
i"d suspect the ole gal was terrified, my gal at one time would have been, but some conditioning on my part about what could come, hopefully has her prepped much better than gal in vid.
cool arrow

Post by cool arrow »

RJ, your wife would have taken a Weaver stance, and the look of sheer steel in her eyes would make even the harshest protestor crumble...after 50 years with you, she ain't skeered of nuthin'
Flash

Post by Flash »

So the "peaceful protesters" broke open a locked security gate to get into the gated community, probably using a chain and vehicles to tear it open, then march through the community. Their history said that they were now going to vandalize, destroy and commit arson in the community and the cops did....nothing. What are the homeowners supposed to do, lay down and play dead?
SecretV

Post by SecretV »

Photographer with the group saying somebody bent the gate. Source here
storage_man

Post by storage_man »

SecretV wrote: June 30th, 2020, 1:36 pm Photographer with the group saying somebody bent the gate. Source here
It doesn't make any difference, the property is marked Private ( no different than many enclaves in Paradise Valley here in Arizona). Private property is just that "PRIVATE". Those so called protesters violated that "Private Property" and in my book no different than entering you PRIVATE HOME !
SecretV

Post by SecretV »

storage_man wrote: June 30th, 2020, 3:01 pm
SecretV wrote: June 30th, 2020, 1:36 pm Photographer with the group saying somebody bent the gate. Source here
It doesn't make any difference, the property is marked Private ( no different than many enclaves in Paradise Valley here in Arizona). Private property is just that "PRIVATE". Those so called protesters violated that "Private Property" and in my book no different than entering you PRIVATE HOME !
Yes I wasn't clear. Somebody from that large group, which he was a part of, bent the gate to trespass into private property. I just wanted to document the source in case this gets lost in all the noise of the current political bent of the media.
storage_man

Post by storage_man »

SecretV wrote: June 30th, 2020, 3:18 pm
storage_man wrote: June 30th, 2020, 3:01 pm
Yes I wasn't clear. Somebody from that large group, which he was a part of, bent the gate to trespass into private property. I just wanted to document the source in case this gets lost in all the noise of the current political bent of the media.
It really makes no difference how they entered, the fact IS they violated those peoples private property rights !
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Although they seem firmly within Missouri law for their actions,...this is now political, with legal having almost nothing to do with it. The lead prosecutor for St. Louis feels compelled to at least appear to be investigating them, lest the natives find another excuse to start burning s*** down.

https://nypost.com/2020/06/30/st-louis- ... stigation/

“I am alarmed at the events that occurred over the weekend, where peaceful protestors were met by guns,” St. Louis Prosecutor Kimberly Gardner said, also condemning a separate “violent assault” in the city.

“We must protect the right to peacefully protest, and any attempt to chill it through intimidation or threat of deadly force will not be tolerated,” she insisted, saying her office was “currently working with the public and police to investigate these events.”

“Make no mistake: we will not tolerate the use of force against those exercising their First Amendment rights, and will use the full power of Missouri law to hold people accountable,” Gardner warned.

Anyone care to take a guess at the prosecutor's political affiliation and ethnicity? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimberly_Gardner
gunsnboobs

Post by gunsnboobs »

Just watched an OANN video. Could be this couple might be Democrats. If that turns out to be the case I don't feel a bit sorry if they get prosecuted, it's what they voted for and they could have even voted for Gardner.

smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

https://heavy.com/news/2020/06/mark-pat ... uns-video/
While some on social media have claimed the McCloskeys are registered Democrats, it was not immediately possible to determine whether the couple are actually registered as Democrats or if they are registered Republicans. But Federal Election Commission records show Mark McCloskey has contributed thousands of dollars to the Trump Make America Great Again Committee, the Republican National Committee and Donald J. Trump for President Inc. He also made contributions to a Republican congressional candidate, Bill Phelps, in 1996, and to the Bush-Quayle campaign in 1992.

Patricia McCloskey also made a contribution to the RNC in 2018 and to a Republican Senate dinner in 1988.
Grayland

Post by Grayland »

Actually, the optics of the couple handling the guns could have been better. They both look like it was the first time they had picked up the weapons....but still ;)
Cubiclerevolt

Post by Cubiclerevolt »

SecretV wrote: June 29th, 2020, 5:38 pm
Meanwhile, I have seen a close-up of her pistol on another forum. It is a Bryco .380. Seriously? They live in a kajillion-dollar mansion and she bought the cheapest gun in the store? What's up with that?
My guess is it was an ignorant gun store clerk or friend and they weren't gun people so they didn't know better.
[/quote]

That was the first thing I was thinking.

Got boatloads of cash, bought the shittiest/cheapest thing ever.