Demostrators marching into burbs, looking to get shot

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
SecretV
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Demostrators marching into burbs, looking to get shot

Post by SecretV »

smithers599 wrote: June 29th, 2020, 11:48 am Husband and wife are both PI lawyers, operating their law practice out of their palatial home.
You got your lawyers; you got your guns; you got your money. Quick, somebody call Hank Williams, Jr.!
...the s*** has hit the fan :violin:

Lobo2087

Post by Lobo2087 »

SecretV wrote: June 29th, 2020, 11:44 am
Lobo2087 wrote: June 29th, 2020, 9:36 am I would think breaking through a secured iron gate to be the opposite of peaceful, just my humble opinion. Definitely reason to be concerned and watchful, as it was on a neighborhood and not immediate entrance into private home, however still a bit short of resson to point a firearm.

If they would have been charged by the crowd and were forced to defend themselves I'm not sure which way the jury would go. You cant put yourself in a position to have to use deadly force but you also cant rush and assault someone.... would be an interesting court case for sure. Just my opinion
Not sure what the laws there are, but if it's true that they broke onto private property they may legally be in their rights. How would a prosecutor or jury look at it in the context of the current climate who knows. Being legally right and being found innocent are sometimes two different things. Brandishing could potentially apply, but again not sure what the laws for being on private property are. Perhaps it could be argued it's a defensive display? Obviously the optics don't look good given the s*** trigger discipline and form and the emotions on display. Not saying that I'd be a cool hand luke/high speed low drag mofo when faced with what I'm sure they thought were overwhelming odds.

The problem with that being as it is a gate to the community and not likely attached to their domicile you dont have an immediate physical threat. Additionally as it is a community you have the possibility of one liberal saying they are "guests" in which case their presence is lawful and the hoa would have to take up a criminal damage case.

Additionally i am not sure where this defensive display phrase comes from. Unless you are in immediate threat of bodily harm or death unfortunately you dont generally get to "display" not to mention aggravated assault, by pointing a firearm at a rowdy group marching by on the street. Private property display has no credibility in this. While being rowdy from my understanding and view of the video, unless there is another I haven't seen, approaching and confronting someone away and off your immediate property removes a lot of your fear defense.

You would be hard pressed to claim self defense because from the story they were not on the individuals property, the community owns the street and sidewalk of a gated community not an individual, did not address this couple until confronted with firearms, threats and orders to keep moving.

Better to stay up on the porch or in the house weapons out of sight until forced to reveal them. Coming out approaching and confronting could reasonably be construed as instigating the violent confrontation.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

May see a lot more of this
mrbogangles

Post by mrbogangles »

This didn't take long. The couple now supports the BLM movement and that the rioters were in the right.

Probably got a lot of threats and didn't want their house to be burnt down.
storage_man

Post by storage_man »

smithers599 wrote: June 29th, 2020, 11:48 am Husband and wife are both PI lawyers, operating their law practice out of their palatial home.
You got your lawyers; you got your guns; you got your money. Quick, somebody call Hank Williams, Jr.!
Both are attorneys, and probably know the laws in Missouri better then we do. After reading their Castle doctrine laws in Missouri, you do not need to be threatened, as most laws in most states, a violation of Trespassing can justify a shooting in Missouri. Just saying !
SecretV

Post by SecretV »

Looks like they deemed it trespassing and assault by intimidation. In the couple's favor. Who knows if that'll stick or if it's true source here
MarkItZero

Post by MarkItZero »

That was Warren Zevon
Lobo2087

Post by Lobo2087 »

storage_man wrote: June 29th, 2020, 2:51 pm
Both are attorneys, and probably know the laws in Missouri better then we do. After reading their Castle doctrine laws in Missouri, you do not need to be threatened, as most laws in most states, a violation of Trespassing can justify a shooting in Missouri. Just saying !
And in Georgia someone assaulting a peace officer with a weapon can be shot in self defense. We see how that's going

Big difference in breaking an hoa gate and trespassing into an hoa and passing your house than breaking and Trespassing into your home..BIG difference

Go with what you want, I'm just giving you a 16yr opinion I don't claim to be an expert
Last edited by Lobo2087 on June 29th, 2020, 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

MarkItZero wrote: June 29th, 2020, 3:16 pm
That was Warren Zevon
I know, but Warren Zevon is dead. If I had written "Quick, somebody call Warren Zevon," somebody would have replied, "You can't call Warren Zevon; he is dead." Hank Williams, Jr., recorded a popular cover, and I also had the pleasure of hearing him perform it at the NRA Annual Meeting in Houston in 2005.

----
Meanwhile, I have seen a close-up of her pistol on another forum. It is a Bryco .380. Seriously? They live in a kajillion-dollar mansion and she bought the cheapest gun in the store? What's up with that?
SecretV

Post by SecretV »

smithers599 wrote: June 29th, 2020, 3:39 pm
MarkItZero wrote: June 29th, 2020, 3:16 pm
That was Warren Zevon
I know, but Warren Zevon is dead. If I had written "Quick, somebody call Warren Zevon," somebody would have replied, "You can't call Warren Zevon; he is dead." Hank Williams, Jr., recorded a popular cover, and I also had the pleasure of hearing him perform it at the NRA Annual Meeting in Houston in 2005.

----
Meanwhile, I have seen a close-up of her pistol on another forum. It is a Bryco .380. Seriously? They live in a kajillion-dollar mansion and she bought the cheapest gun in the store? What's up with that?
My guess is it was an ignorant gun store clerk or friend and they weren't gun people so they didn't know better.
MarkItZero

Post by MarkItZero »

Perhaps she borrowed it from someone
Rock Hardson

Post by Rock Hardson »

20200629_184915.jpg
SecretV

Post by SecretV »

Rock Hardson wrote: June 29th, 2020, 6:50 pm 20200629_184915.jpg
They should have known better than to own a Bryco then. :lol:

I know I'm talking s***...but really I'm just jealous cuz I'm one of the poors.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

SecretV

Post by SecretV »

Lobo2087 wrote: June 29th, 2020, 12:00 pm
SecretV wrote: June 29th, 2020, 11:44 am
Lobo2087 wrote: June 29th, 2020, 9:36 am I would think breaking through a secured iron gate to be the opposite of peaceful, just my humble opinion. Definitely reason to be concerned and watchful, as it was on a neighborhood and not immediate entrance into private home, however still a bit short of resson to point a firearm.

If they would have been charged by the crowd and were forced to defend themselves I'm not sure which way the jury would go. You cant put yourself in a position to have to use deadly force but you also cant rush and assault someone.... would be an interesting court case for sure. Just my opinion
Not sure what the laws there are, but if it's true that they broke onto private property they may legally be in their rights. How would a prosecutor or jury look at it in the context of the current climate who knows. Being legally right and being found innocent are sometimes two different things. Brandishing could potentially apply, but again not sure what the laws for being on private property are. Perhaps it could be argued it's a defensive display? Obviously the optics don't look good given the s*** trigger discipline and form and the emotions on display. Not saying that I'd be a cool hand luke/high speed low drag mofo when faced with what I'm sure they thought were overwhelming odds.

The problem with that being as it is a gate to the community and not likely attached to their domicile you dont have an immediate physical threat. Additionally as it is a community you have the possibility of one liberal saying they are "guests" in which case their presence is lawful and the hoa would have to take up a criminal damage case.

Additionally i am not sure where this defensive display phrase comes from. Unless you are in immediate threat of bodily harm or death unfortunately you dont generally get to "display" not to mention aggravated assault, by pointing a firearm at a rowdy group marching by on the street. Private property display has no credibility in this. While being rowdy from my understanding and view of the video, unless there is another I haven't seen, approaching and confronting someone away and off your immediate property removes a lot of your fear defense.

You would be hard pressed to claim self defense because from the story they were not on the individuals property, the community owns the street and sidewalk of a gated community not an individual, did not address this couple until confronted with firearms, threats and orders to keep moving.

Better to stay up on the porch or in the house weapons out of sight until forced to reveal them. Coming out approaching and confronting could reasonably be construed as instigating the violent confrontation.
https://www.azleg.gov/ars/13/00421.htm that's where it comes from here in AZ, but I'm not a lawyer.