A**hat policy at Cabela's ('n Bass Pro)

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
pneuby
ArizonaShooting.org Member

A**hat policy at Cabela's ('n Bass Pro)

Post by pneuby »

Showed up at Glendale store just before 1-pm. Noted the sign on the door stating that they are now CLOSING BY 5PM daily. I made my way left toward the main (new guns) counter right by the bank of checkout registers. Employee asks, "Sir, do you have a number?". I said no, offering that I didn't yet need any help. "Well, you need a number to be in this section." Fine, I asked where the number dispenser was. "We shut it down for the day at 11a/m today." I let slip that such was effin' ridiculous as I huffed my way back to the exits.

I gathered my composure and accosted the concierge kid. I asked him to advise management what a completely ridiculous policy this was, and that I wouldn't be patronizing the store until they pulled their heads out of the dark-place. To his credit, he agreed with me (sounded sincere) and said he would do so. Then, I thought to ask if Bass Pro was also so affected, and he said they were, also. :(

AZ Husker

Re: A**hat policy at Cabela's ('n Bass Pro)

Post by AZ Husker »

Why do you guys even shop at those shrines of testosterone?
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

Twice now, they've erred in underpricing a used gun, allowing me to get a great deal. It's like hoping for a pearl in your oyster, but it's happened.
glock holiday

Post by glock holiday »

pneuby wrote: June 4th, 2020, 10:52 pm Twice now, they've erred in underpricing a used gun, allowing me to get a great deal. It's like hoping for a pearl in your oyster, but it's happened.
Basically the only reason I shop at cabelas too..the gun library can be had with some good deals every once in a while..its rare but happens..
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

So I am not getting it. What is the procedure? you take a number but they were out of numbers by 11am. Then what .. do you walk around the store and they call your number sometime before 5pm over the loudspeaker.

I dont really have need to go to either .. just curious. So many places and people doing "things" because they have to appear to be doing "something" ... its all very odd to watch.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

I usually go there when they have their annual sale. ($X off if you spend $Y.) See if they have anything on sale at a good price (like ammo), then get the sale price and the bonus discount. But with no ammo available, and with the CHI-NESE virus/take a number/we'll text you on your cell phone in a couple hours BS, I skipped the last one. If I can't window-shop -- if I can't even LOOK at guns without an appointment, not worth my time.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

there was a time i purchased quite a few items from the lair, so to speak, but deals are fleeting and dealing with the store in general became undesirable to me, and the family, same with bass pro, and well frankly i find better deals thru venues such as this site, and other surplus sites, but in next few months the hunt for me with exception of a couple odd pieces is over, and the downsize begins, lotsa shotguns, and milsurps are gonna go.
shopping for gats has changed dramatically, doesn't seem to be as much fun hunting down and buying the ''treasure' as it used to be, well for me
happy friday
Rj
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

smithers599 wrote: June 5th, 2020, 6:55 am /take a number/we'll text you on your cell phone in a couple hours BS,
So they text you? and how long do they allow for you to come back to the store?

Wild .. like a fancy boutique! :mrgreen:

Sir your scheduled viewing time has been arranged. To funny. They just keep pushing me further into ordering every damn thing I can online! I dont need to pay for people to treat me poorly .. I can get that for free.

I just bought two guns recently at Fantastic prices .. ONLINE. With shipping and ffl I saved $100 on the last one easy and the one before that .. even more. I pop in to my favorite FFL about 10 minutes from the time I get on my bike and am in and out in 10 minutes. No aggravation and no a$$hats.

Bought a gun at Sportsman warehouse a year or 2 ago and was worse experience I have ever had buying a gun. First and last time going there. I will pay more before going there.

Bought some much needed new boots about two weeks ago .. nice boots and Amazon dropped them off on my porch. Fuk retail .. they are putting themselves out of business.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Not the Cabela’s of old thats for sure
pvreb

Post by pvreb »

xerts1191 wrote: June 5th, 2020, 11:54 am Not the Cabela’s of old thats for sure
They lost me as a customer after the takeover. I liked their shirts, pants and shoes. They dropped them and substituted Bass Pro's brands.
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

The only time I go there is when ammo is on sale, and I have it shipped to the store for free. I don't live on that side of town, so I have to have multiple reasons to make the trek.
zold

Post by zold »

I liked taking my kids there when they were younger. It is like an outdoors museum and they had a blast just going around and taking a look at the fish, animals, rifles, etc.
mongo45acp

Post by mongo45acp »

I never liked Ass Pro Shop. I found that the quality of their "house" brand clothing is not up to the pre-merger Cabelas house brand. I had a pro shop jacket that seem to fall apart within 10 years or so. I bought my cabelas gore tex in 1993. Still have it; still sheds water. I'm not a new gun guy. I like quality old used guns. It seemed that the pro shop didn't have hardly any used guns at all. Contrast to old cabelas who maintained racks of used rifles and, in some cases, superb stuff in the gun library. I stopped by on Wed afternoon to look at used stuff. I was most disappointed. 4 used gun racks. The gun library had more brand new Winchesters, Brownings, Fierce and Weatherby rifles than used guns.What's with that? Disclaimer here: I realize there has been a run on guns lately, but I do not see the younger buying public looking for old used guns. I can only conclude that this is part of Ass Pro's assimilation of cabalas into their collective.

I'm done venting! I feel so much better!

Dave
GunNut

Post by GunNut »

And people wonder why online sales skyrocket?
cabelas and bass can kiss off
Have stopped going there yrs ago for all of their bs big co. ways

I'd like to see them go under frankly
samnev

Post by samnev »

I went to Cabela's once and found their gun Library weapons way over priced.