California ammunition law gets tossed

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
monkeypaw
ArizonaShooting.org Member

California ammunition law gets tossed

Post by monkeypaw »

Saw this article about the California ammunition law getting tossed out by the judge.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/judge-tosses ... 28521.html

Doc Holliday

Re: California ammunition law gets tossed

Post by Doc Holliday »

You can bet the judge carries concealed, he didn't want to go through the hassle of a background check every time he bought ammo, either.
RandyTF

Post by RandyTF »

AZ1182 wrote: April 23rd, 2020, 11:43 pm Meh, doesn't effect me over here, I don't travel to CA to buy ammo and then come back to AZ.

This indirectly effects you. It means that California cannot set a precedence for this anti gun law. The judge's ruling makes it more difficult for other states to adopt the background check law for ammo. That includes Arizona.
hardmack

Post by hardmack »

AZ1182 wrote: April 24th, 2020, 5:33 am
RandyTF wrote: April 24th, 2020, 5:06 am
AZ1182 wrote: April 23rd, 2020, 11:43 pm Meh, doesn't effect me over here, I don't travel to CA to buy ammo and then come back to AZ.

This indirectly effects you. It means that California cannot set a precedence for this anti gun law. The judge's ruling makes it more difficult for other states to adopt the background check law for ammo. That includes Arizona.
Not really, splitting hairs and goal post stretching this argument would ever ever be, and I don't get internet serious about it as it never changes anything with anyone.

So again, still does not effect ME.
Slow clappp... okay boomer
rwhisk
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by rwhisk »

On-line ammunition suppliers have started direct email advertising......Now Shipping to California.
rwhisk

Post by rwhisk »

Does it impact any of us today....no. Could it someday....yes. Incrementalism is fundamental to gun control movement strategy....in both laws and geography. Don't worry today....but keep an eye on them.
Az desert rat 1

Post by Az desert rat 1 »

First the high cap mag law and now the ammo law tossed out the window in Cali. That's two steps in the right direction.
hardmack

Post by hardmack »

AZ1182 wrote: April 24th, 2020, 10:22 am
hardmack wrote: April 24th, 2020, 5:54 am
AZ1182 wrote: April 24th, 2020, 5:33 am Not really, splitting hairs and goal post stretching this argument would ever ever be, and I don't get internet serious about it as it never changes anything with anyone.

So again, still does not effect ME.
Slow clappp... okay boomer
Thank you proving me right, ad hominem short for argumentum ad hominem, is a term that is applied to several different types of arguments, most of which are fallacious (of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.

And I'm not a Boomer, wrong age and this is chess, not checkers so even the web's re-termed definition of it is still a big fail.

You should have taken the adult way and let it go instead of trying to make things kinetic.
"I don't get internet serious about it as it never changes anything with anyone."

even slower clap....
smithers599

Re: California ammunition law gets UNtossed

Post by smithers599 »

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/ar ... rchase-law
Court Reinstates California Ammunition Purchase Law
An appeals court has reinstated a California law requiring background checks for people buying ammunition, reversing a federal judge’s decision to stop the checks that he said violate the constitutional right to bear arms.
Didn’t take long. I’ll go out on a limb and guess they did not bother to read the 120-page decision.
Gun, him bad. That's all the legal analysis they need.
AR-15Man

Post by AR-15Man »

Hopefully is sticks and this doesn’t become freedom week 2.0
Solar_Empire

Post by Solar_Empire »

Just remember one of the two judges the granted that emergency stay is a Trump appointee...
Cubiclerevolt

Post by Cubiclerevolt »

Solar_Empire wrote: April 25th, 2020, 8:47 pm Just remember one of the two judges the granted that emergency stay is a Trump appointee...
I know. 4d chess though lol. That's the s*** that seriously pisses me off with him.
etprescottaz01

Post by etprescottaz01 »

Spoke with a friend in San Diego this morning, complete mess, some dealers won't sell ammo, some say you need to own a gun to buy it, they want to run background checks on people the same as for a firearm purchase, that is 25 bucks and not actually required but is, nobody is sure now. The ammo sellers and dealers are clueless right now as to what they are actually suppose to be doing. Very difficult now to obtain ammunition in California.
mrbogangles

Post by mrbogangles »

Good thing we don't live there.
etprescottaz01 wrote: July 9th, 2020, 1:51 pm Spoke with a friend in San Diego this morning, complete mess, some dealers won't sell ammo, some say you need to own a gun to buy it, they want to run background checks on people the same as for a firearm purchase, that is 25 bucks and not actually required but is, nobody is sure now. The ammo sellers and dealers are clueless right now as to what they are actually suppose to be doing. Very difficult now to obtain ammunition in California.
Crippledtrigger

Post by Crippledtrigger »

etprescottaz01 wrote: July 9th, 2020, 1:51 pm Spoke with a friend in San Diego this morning, complete mess, some dealers won't sell ammo, some say you need to own a gun to buy it, they want to run background checks on people the same as for a firearm purchase, that is 25 bucks and not actually required but is, nobody is sure now. The ammo sellers and dealers are clueless right now as to what they are actually suppose to be doing. Very difficult now to obtain ammunition in California.
So in other words the laws intent is being fulfilled.