Cheaper Than Dirt sued---price gouging

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
Conelrad
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Cheaper Than Dirt sued---price gouging

Post by Conelrad »

TacMedic

Re: Cheaper Than Dirt sued---price gouging

Post by TacMedic »

Filed complaints, I must have missed the lawsuit part.

I bought from them once years ago, never found a good price with them since so they never got my business after that. I finally even stopped looking at them for ammo because they were always more expensive...not living up to their name. False advertising. 🤦🏼‍♂️
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

so is it price gouging if you don't sell or buy, if you are stupid enough to buy at inflatted values, wtf.
just saying, how dumb is that.
Rj
TacMedic

Post by TacMedic »

knockonit wrote: April 5th, 2020, 2:20 pm so is it price gouging if you don't sell or buy, if you are stupid enough to buy at inflatted values, wtf.
Rj
Exactly, let the market decide...price too high no one buys.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

TacMedic wrote: April 5th, 2020, 2:31 pm
knockonit wrote: April 5th, 2020, 2:20 pm so is it price gouging if you don't sell or buy, if you are stupid enough to buy at inflatted values, wtf.
Rj
Exactly, let the market decide...price too high no one buys.
I agree .. I am sick of stupid litigation. Hate the price .. dont buy it .. hate the company never buy from them again and make sure you tell everyone you know.

Really "need" the stuff and will pay what they want for something that is difficult to get and you have the scratch .. that is your prerogative.

Enter lawyers .. lets protect people from their own decisions
Last edited by Boriqua on April 5th, 2020, 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flash

Post by Flash »

Economics 101, supply and demand. I find it hard to believe that people find themselves in a position where they suddenly need ammo in the middle of a panic buying time.

Capitalism at its finest. If you don't like it, don't buy it.
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

Yay, more frivolous possible lawsuits where the only "winners" are the lawyers.

Don't like the price - don't buy it. Let their reputation suffer (as it has already, and has for years...)
r0ttie1

Post by r0ttie1 »

Flash wrote: April 5th, 2020, 3:49 pm Economics 101, supply and demand. I find it hard to believe that people find themselves in a position where they suddenly need ammo in the middle of a panic buying time.

Capitalism at its finest. If you don't like it, don't buy it.
You would think with all the past panics, people would have already stocked up.
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

Rj
Price gouging is only for manufacturers, wholesalers, and retailers. It does not apply to private sellers.
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

:dance: Sue the sh!t out of them. :dance:
digger2
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by digger2 »

Last time there was a shortage ctd jacked prices up. I am surprised they are still in business
Pale Rider

Post by Pale Rider »

That's one of the big problems with "merica". There's a never ending supply of dumb asses that will buy from a scumbag company no matter how rotten they are and keep them in business. I saw what they were decades ago before the internet when they advertised in Shotgun News. Cheaper than dirt my aching ass. Never bought a thing from them and never will.
AZ Husker

Post by AZ Husker »

Cheaper Than Dirt is the Harbor Freight of shooting supplies. They have been caught misrepresenting, selling old stock and seconds, and often advertising stuff they never had in stock. Buy cheap, get cheap.
Crippledtrigger

Post by Crippledtrigger »

I've told this story a couple times but not here on the latest site so....

During the last panic session, one of them anyways, I went into their store cause it was close to where we moved. They had a couple dozen pallets of the federal 556 ammo on stripper clips in cans, 420 rounds I think, in the wherehouse with 2 on the floor on this store and atleast that many in ft worth so they had a crap load and more coming they had already bought. I know cause I asked. They thought I was worried they would run out.

I grabbed a can at 130 bucks and shopped then noticed it was priced at 170 bucks then 190 bucks. All within half an hour. I got it at 130 cause I'm a bastard and raised a stink and well they didn't want a riot.

2 days later that s*** was 300 dollars a can and rising with lines out the door. We all know the outrageous prices they charged plus the games the played with ARs and the rest. 556 ammo at 1 dollar a round. And more.

They have a right to get what they can, its capitalism and the order of things and I'm not faulting them for that. That said how they operate and treat their customer base knowing the demand is a travesty. It is gouging if you consider access to that commodity essential and the way they mark it up.

The other part of free markets and free society, for the time being anyways, is I won't ever support them as a customer again and will take every chance to remind the gun folks just who and what they are.

Well I take part of that back. I may buy from them again if it's at the going out of business or BK sale if they are forced into it buy lawsuits. Fitting justice for those bastards. Not much different than Dicks in that regard.

Phuck em.
curtmini14

Post by curtmini14 »

Elk34 wrote: April 5th, 2020, 5:09 pm :dance: Sue the sh!t out of them. :dance:
tell me the difference between you and CTD did you not try and sell mywall reloads 1000 rds for a 1000 dollars.can you say hypocrite. :dance: truly a richard