Cheaper Than Dirt sued---price gouging

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
shooter444
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Cheaper Than Dirt sued---price gouging

Post by shooter444 »

Stray Horse wrote: April 22nd, 2020, 9:40 pm
Pale Rider wrote: April 5th, 2020, 7:49 pm That's one of the big problems with "merica". There's a never ending supply of dumb asses that will buy from a scumbag company no matter how rotten they are and keep them in business. I saw what they were decades ago before the internet when they advertised in Shotgun News. Cheaper than dirt my aching ass. Never bought a thing from them and never will.
+1
+2 :clap:

Pro2a

Post by Pro2a »

AZ Husker wrote: April 9th, 2020, 11:47 pm Cheaper Than Dirt is the Harbor Freight of shooting supplies. They have been caught misrepresenting, selling old stock and seconds, and often advertising stuff they never had in stock. Buy cheap, get cheap.
This^^^^
Got tired of having orders cancelled from these a holes
samnev

Post by samnev »

Flash wrote: April 5th, 2020, 3:49 pm Economics 101, supply and demand. I find it hard to believe that people find themselves in a position where they suddenly need ammo in the middle of a panic buying time.

Capitalism at its finest. If you don't like it, don't buy it.
To me price gouging is capitalism at its worse, Just saying.
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

Back in the day I bought a lot of the HK91 light weight aluminum paratrooper mags at like $2 each. That's to bad they are going to the turd side.
curtmini14

Post by curtmini14 »

ya and back in the day we bought mywall reload 9mm for 120 for a 1000 rds only to have some little puke dushbag charge 1000 dollars for the same ^^^^^^^ hypocrit.
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

curtmini14 wrote: May 5th, 2020, 9:04 am ya and back in the day we bought mywall reload 9mm for 120 for a 1000 rds only to have some little puke dushbag charge 1000 dollars for the same ^^^^^^^ hypocrit.
Ok I know I'm old and my eyes aren't the best but, where the hell did you see that I payed $120 per 1k of 9mm from miwall? :think:
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

:naughty:

:clap:
bwareaware

Post by bwareaware »

curtmini14 wrote: May 5th, 2020, 9:04 am ya and back in the day we bought mywall reload 9mm for 120 for a 1000 rds only to have some little puke dushbag charge 1000 dollars for the same ^^^^^^^ hypocrit.
Funny how quickly we try to screw each other over, talking about capitalism. Making a profit is capitalism, screwing people is capitalism without morals. I’ve never bought anything from cheaper than dirt and I’ll never buy anything from the person trying to get 1000 dollars for 9mm. But some dumbass will pay too much for s*** and it will justify the price to the seller.
What
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by What »

I could careless what company charges. Just as any one in private sale.

No one is forced to buy at their price.
SecretV

Post by SecretV »

Pro2a wrote: April 25th, 2020, 8:18 pm
AZ Husker wrote: April 9th, 2020, 11:47 pm Cheaper Than Dirt is the Harbor Freight of shooting supplies. They have been caught misrepresenting, selling old stock and seconds, and often advertising stuff they never had in stock. Buy cheap, get cheap.
This^^^^
Got tired of having orders cancelled from these a holes
Whoa whoa whoa, don't go dragging Harbor Freight through the mud. That's where I draw the line
A_C Guy

Post by A_C Guy »

Any retailer has a right to set their prices. The only problem that I saw it is that CTD canceled some online orders from customers prior to shipping and then tried to force them to rebuy at the higher price. Once it goes in your shopping cart and you complete the checkout process, you and they have entered a legally binding purchase agreement.

In contrast, 3 weeks ago I stumbled across some old listings on Sportsmans guide's website with case prices at pre virus pricing. I put them in my cart and completed the check-out and they honored the pricing. The next day, those sku's were off their site. They gave me a projected ship date and have sent me 2 emails confirming the order and status of the order.

I have also noticed that case pricing on many calibers is coming back down already at Sportsmans Guide dot com. Not where they should be, but at about 15% lower than the peak.
A_C Guy

Post by A_C Guy »

bwareaware wrote: May 5th, 2020, 2:03 pm
Funny how quickly we try to screw each other over, talking about capitalism.... I’ve never bought anything from cheaper than dirt and I’ll never buy anything from the person trying to get 1000 dollars for 9mm. But some dumbass will pay too much....
9mm on GunBroker is crazy high due to the bidders in other states that normally pay $25 or $30/ box for RN have pushed the case prices as high as $650. To them it is a bargain.

I saw 500 cases of JHP sell for almost a grand. If someone else is willing to pay it, then how can you fault the seller?

Every loves capitalism when they are the seller and are getting a premium price. Then the same people complain when someone else wants a premium. If you don't like the price, then don't buy it.

I doubt we will see a return to last year's pricing. A lot of that pricing was because of cheap Chinese materials. When the new costs of new copper, brass, recycled lead reaches the consumer level, prices will be much higher than 2019. We are seeing this in the wholesale level in our industry and except for the lead, we use use the same raw materials.
GunNut

Post by GunNut »

OverpricedCrap.com
Gougers.com
HigherThanAnyoneElse.com
StickInAss.com
Racewin

Post by Racewin »

I see both sides. On one hand, as much as I don't like them increasing their prices so much, as an advocate of Capitalism, I have to be OK with it. This is not food during a famine, thus it is not gouging.

On the other hand, one could make an argument for an amount of ammo to be a necessity for self-defense, and thus subject to gouging laws, if it can't be found at a reasonable price elsewhere.

Depends on how we "classify" ammo.
Pale Rider

Post by Pale Rider »

This gave me a good laugh this morning. The Texas AG is definitely one of the good guys. Skip to 1:30 in to miss the commercials at the beginning.