Cheaper Than Dirt sued---price gouging

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
mtuck
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Cheaper Than Dirt sued---price gouging

Post by mtuck »

Never found a decent deal with them so I never bought from them.

H Y P H Y
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by H Y P H Y »

This is how it should be done. Price gouging is illegal and this store came under scrutiny because all the complaints that came in. I'm all for the lawsuits, but I also hope everyone looking to purchase firearms & accessories collectively avoids CTD. Make them pay for the way they continually abuse loyal customers.
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

curtmini14 wrote: April 10th, 2020, 4:39 am
Elk34 wrote: April 5th, 2020, 5:09 pm :dance: Sue the sh!t out of them. :dance:
tell me the difference between you and CTD did you not try and sell mywall reloads 1000 rds for a 1000 dollars.can you say hypocrite. :dance: truly a richard
Not at all. I have AMMO. I don't need to sell it. That's the difference. I DON'T NEED TO SELL IT. I have it I would let some go for 1 dollar per rd. It's as simple as that. If you can find it. I have a private stash. It's my war stock ammo. It's up to me and me only if I want to sell it. I don't need to sell it but if someone wanted some and couldn't find it, that's the price for me to come off of it.
Crippledtrigger

Post by Crippledtrigger »

As much as I think selling ammo at a dollar a round is a dick piece of s*** move and I hope you lose the money on the way home, I'm not so sure I would call private sellers who sell a small amount of personal property gougers.

The same way I wouldn't call an auction where the opening bid was reasonable but then skyrocketd gouging. Like happend in TX where the auctioneer was sued by the state and supplies seized.
Again selling badly needed medical supplies in an auction is a dick move from a guy many would call a piece of s*** for doing so but I dont think it crosses the line.
Geekmedic

Post by Geekmedic »

They have a right to charge what they want, and they have a right to go out of business if people don't shop there. Unfortunately, there aren't enough of us who are holding them accountable I guess. I haven't bought a thing from them since the magazine price gouging after Sandy Hook.
deserttrans

Post by deserttrans »

I have not purchased from them is years!
mbaza3

Post by mbaza3 »

Finally. They where gouging back when everyone thought Hillary was going to win the election. Time for them to close.
Kinked_Chrome

Post by Kinked_Chrome »

I say let them "price gouge" all they want. I have never bought anything from them and probably never will. Sure they will get a few suckers to buy at high prices, but most will just skip over them.
mashed68

Post by mashed68 »

Hard to price gouge when the items aren't required to maintain life. They are luxury items and therefor should not be regulated like that. Not CTD's fault y'all wait to stock up until its too late.
Vyadmirer

Post by Vyadmirer »

Geekmedic wrote: April 14th, 2020, 5:34 am They have a right to charge what they want, and they have a right to go out of business if people don't shop there. Unfortunately, there aren't enough of us who are holding them accountable I guess. I haven't bought a thing from them since the magazine price gouging after Sandy Hook.
Exactly. It’s a free market ya’ll. When prices go up people don’t buy things they don’t need.

Everyone wants to be a capitalist until its time for capitalist things
Az desert rat 1

Post by Az desert rat 1 »

I've checked them out in the pasted, but always found what I was looking for cheaper elsewhere. Never did business with them.If they want to jack up their prices let them. Don't do business with them. Their sells drop, less money coming in. and the bills will keep coming in. Can't pay the bills with ammo. Hope this bites then where it counts.
curtmini14

Post by curtmini14 »

Elk34 wrote: April 11th, 2020, 1:31 pm
curtmini14 wrote: April 10th, 2020, 4:39 am
Elk34 wrote: April 5th, 2020, 5:09 pm :dance: Sue the sh!t out of them. :dance:
tell me the difference between you and CTD did you not try and sell mywall reloads 1000 rds for a 1000 dollars.can you say hypocrite. :dance: truly a richard
Not at all. I have AMMO. I don't need to sell it. That's the difference. I DON'T NEED TO SELL IT. I have it I would let some go for 1 dollar per rd. It's as simple as that. If you can find it. I have a private stash. It's my war stock ammo. It's up to me and me only if I want to sell it. I don't need to sell it but if someone wanted some and couldn't find it, that's the price for me to come off of it.
you can justify it any way you want your still just as bad as CTD your both big richards. :naughty:
Mossberg

Post by Mossberg »

I quit buying from them the first time they jacked their prices up. Must be good soil cuz that’s some expensive dirt.
ex462

Post by ex462 »

It is the same with people selling here. If i do not like the price or bill of sale or whatever I will not contact them. Same as with CTD you have the money spend it where ever you want.
Stray Horse

Post by Stray Horse »

Pale Rider wrote: April 5th, 2020, 7:49 pm That's one of the big problems with "merica". There's a never ending supply of dumb asses that will buy from a scumbag company no matter how rotten they are and keep them in business. I saw what they were decades ago before the internet when they advertised in Shotgun News. Cheaper than dirt my aching ass. Never bought a thing from them and never will.
+1