Here We Go...

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
Boriqua
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Here We Go...

Post by Boriqua »

Flash wrote: February 13th, 2020, 12:54 pm
Boriqua wrote: February 13th, 2020, 9:03 am 2 generations later when you own a little plumbing business or a little grocery store of your own and you realize none of that was free and now you have to pay for it .. you become republican.
The problem is that most people don't end up owning their own business and in many ways are still sucking on the government teat 'til the day they die so they never become Republican.
Well you know the deal ... What is the easiest way to domesticate an animal ... You feed it and it comes to depend on your handouts.

Whats the best way to keep people in check and solidify your power ... give them just enough to survive on but not to thrive on and you will always be in control.

having said that ... I hold out hope that its not "most"

Me being from the east I watched the Cuban Flotilla with the dirty unwashed of Cuba arrive in droves and now a good many are business owners and some even making their way into politics.

I spent my later teens in a predominantly Italian/Irish Neighborhood and remember their stories of their grandfathers struggles while they enjoyed good jobs and owned most of the local businesses.

Until I moved to AZ I really had very little first hand experience with Mexicans but have seen many Mexican owned businesses and people of Mexican heritage as foreman of crews since I have been out here.

I watched the Guyanese move in en masse and within 1 generation own whole neighborhoods and the good jobs that came with them. Driven people who can work like bulls.

I really cant call my family immigrants as we hail from Puerto Rico which is a common wealth which means we are American citizens but My Grandmother came here and worked 14 hours a day in a sewing factory and before she was done had her own company and employed 14 people and Macy's among others carried her clothing line. I was the first of that line born here. My uncle, her son, is a well known respected Doctor, My cousin a school principal and my ex wife a teacher making more money than anyone would care to hear.

I don't have a census so I can only talk from personal experience but it would seem .. again from my own personal experience .. that many of the immigrant groups move out of the barrel within a generation or 2 and one group just keeps getting passed by.

What is awesome about this country with all its foibles is you are only limited by your drive. Remove the drive instinct and you have cows in the barn mooing and waiting for their next meal. Its all about control.

Once people have a real stake in the economy, personal and nationally and once people are better educated and can see past propaganda .. they inch right. Some of us .. jump right!!
Last edited by Boriqua on February 13th, 2020, 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Oh .. and I witnessed Dems come out to community board meetings and fairly well beg Asians to take advantage of all the free offerings. They were visibly upset and complained that it must be a language barrier because the Asians didn't want the food stamps and assorted other freebees.

Now the Asians in this area had some additional reasons for acting like they didn't understand .. like not trusting government but ... it wasnt for lack of Dem trying.
Racewin

Post by Racewin »

While I doubt the bill will go anywhere, in a hypothetical, what would happen to an FFL's inventory? Can they sell them back to the manufacturer? Keep them? Have to destroy them?
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

YNOTAZ wrote: February 13th, 2020, 9:47 am
Boriqua wrote: February 13th, 2020, 9:03 am
2 generations later when you own a little plumbing business or a little grocery store of your own and you realize none of that was free and now you have to pay for it .. you become republican.
What was that old saying: if you young and aren't liberal you have no heart. If your old and aren't conservative you have no brain.

Same applies here. Whether it's owning a home, a couple cars and other tangible things, or a small business, discovering you have to pay for all those things for other people and the government never had a big candy store earning their own money, is a rude awakening.
I sent shock waves through my family at 18 when my voter registration card came in the mail and it said republican. I didn't fall for the bulllshit my teachers threw at me in school, I had a higher IQ than all of them and I saw through them. I failed Free Enterprise in high school for telling the cuunntt teacher she was stupid, her failing grade was later reversed. I guess I have never had a heart and if I have to think liberal to have one no thanks.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

338lapua wrote: February 14th, 2020, 10:37 pm
I sent shock waves through my family at 18 when my voter registration card came in the mail and it said republican. I didn't fall for the bulllshit my teachers threw at me in school, I had a higher IQ than all of them and I saw through them. I failed Free Enterprise in high school for telling the cuunntt teacher she was stupid, her failing grade was later reversed. I guess I have never had a heart and if I have to think liberal to have one no thanks.

:clap:
woodsman
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by woodsman »

I think I'll say what no one else is willing to do.

The bulk of the sponsors of this bill are minorities.