OK,... how about a cup half full,... REVIEW!

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
shooter444
ArizonaShooting.org Member

OK,... how about a cup half full,... REVIEW!

Post by shooter444 »

I'll start with the cup half empty. About 8 months ago I bought a piece of tack from USMACHINEGUN.com in Mesa Az., which turned out to be falsely advertised and didn't do as advertised or what I needed. After being told TOUGH s*** by the guy from USMACHINEGUN, and, to shove it,... I put the piece in the storage bin and said screw it.

Well, after 8 months, I did some more research, and I thought I had figured out how to make it work.

I found the attachment, I thought would correct my malfunctioning piece of kit I bought from USMACHINEGUN. But, alas, I read more into the piece than was reality,... and wound up just furthering my problems by purchasing an attachment that was NO WAY designed to fix my problem.

Now, for the cup half full!!

Let me back track a bit. When ordering over the phone, I had a very nice conversation with a lady named Amy from SD TACTICAL ARMS. She took my order and my request for a follow up e/mail with tracking number and then we compared the number and species of animals we both have on our hobby ranches. Finished the order and said our good-bye's.

Well, I must have mumbled my e/mail address, because she missed a letter.

Did she just forget about my e/mail notification request,... NO!
She calls me and gets it straight, info came shortly after!

So, I get the new attachment, only to find out how poor my research was, and how it resulted in another $100 purchase that didn't solve my malfunctions.
So, do some thinking and I send an e/mail yesterday, explaining how I must be in need of an adapter to get this latest purchase to work with the original purchase.

But, after further research, (that I should have done from the get go) I figured out that the latest attachment I requested info on, is no way designed to do what I wanted either.

So, back on the puter, another e/mail to Amy, asking her to ignore my request for an adapter, because I figured it wouldn't work either!

Within a half hour, I get a call from Amy saying she has the adapter I requested, and that she believes her tech guy could probably figure out how to make the whole thing work for me. But (and here is the amazing part to me) she says " I am at the Shot Show and would I mind waiting until the beginning of next week to try and work everything out?"

Of course I said GREAT! And, of course I was amazed that she would take time out at the Shot Show to accommodate the stupidity of a customer that only spent $100 bucks!

Sooo,... I am so impressed with this level of customer service I thought I would share with members here, so, if ya'll need something gun related, you might want to try,.... SD TACTICAL ARMS,... up in Prescott, Az.!!!

I'll add the outcome, good or bad, next week, after we try to fix my problem.
Last edited by shooter444 on January 29th, 2020, 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Crippledtrigger

Re: OK,... how about a cup half full,... REVIEW!

Post by Crippledtrigger »

What list is USMACHINEGUN on? And do they have a check mark by their name.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Oh, I almost forgot,.... I don't do social medias, but after relating my experience to a very good friend of mine, he sent me a few copies of USMACHINEGUN customer review comments, from their Face Book account. I guess I should post them as well,... just for giggles.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

James Armstrong
8 reviews · 11 photos
3 years ago

Never have I been more disrespected over the phone by a company as I have from this place. I called to ask questions about two items and I was told to read
the description on the website. I then told them I read the description but my question wasn't answered and he continued to tell me that I didn't read anything. I ask him if that was how he spoke to his customers and he hung up on me. The hell with this place.
Glad you treat your vets like dirt👌🏿

MORE

Local Guide · 23 reviews · 7 photos

2 years ago-

I placed an order 10 days ago on a product that was said to be in stock. Yes I know this because the other options I wanted were listed not in stock/backorder.
I emailed this morning to ask if I could expect this item any time soon. I received an email back promptly that the item was on backorder and should be shipped next week. Sure enough I looked and it is on backorder today but, not when I paid. I sent a message
back asking if there were any other options that were in stock. He said "I'll look" and nothing back since. Seems shady. It was only a 45$ order but I spend hundreds to customize each of my weapons. I'm glad I tested my theory with less than 100$ since I've
never bought from them and had suspicion. As a busy man myself I'm going to give the guy a chance and hope to receive a shipping notice by next week and revamp this review. If not I'll have my credit union reverse the charges and not go back. Edit... This
is what Norman said about my review via email. "at this point you will need to remove it before we ship it since I have been working with you on a solution". I'll just wait for my bank to reverse funds. I spent money on a product and shouldn't have to jump
through hoops to get it. Thanks but no thanks... Sir.

1 MORE

Jabez Barajas

1 review

3 years ago

I WOULD GIVE THEM 0 STARS IF I COULD!!!! BUYER BEWARE!!! Michael Norman was contacted about shipping and delivery questions. I was charged in full (over 200$)
and delivery was not made on the promised date. I paid over 13$ for a local shipment, which was too much and not delivered as promised on top of that. I contacted the person at the advertised phone number and the person quickly became irrational and irate
when questioned about his lack of promised delivery. This unprofessional person then hung up on me. Yes, he actually hung up on me because he had no explanation about him being called on his bullsh!t. I was shocked how a business person (so called) treated
me, not to mention I paid in full for undelivered product. I filed a complaint with the BBB. There are other bad reviews here on this site...they are all true. Stay far away from this place. They cannot even complete the most simple transaction and will hang
up on you when questioned about their unethical business practices. If the person I contacted over the phone wasn't such a rude, ridiculous, irrational person...This complaint may have never happened.
redj

Post by redj »

I doubt anyone has a clue what you are talking about.
Maybe you should let us all know what a piece of tack is and how an adapter makes a piece of tack work on a gun.
I assume it is a gun part since it is in the firearm related forum.
Conelrad

Post by Conelrad »

And who thinks it is correct to put the $ after the amount?

Conelrad
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

THE PROMISED OUTCOME,...

Well, I had a great phone call with Amy's tech/son, yesterday.

When it all added up, that nothing could be done that will make the part work for me,... he simply offered a full refund, just like his mother did,... without any hesitation, or negativity!

Nice folks, great company / positive customer relation / great ethics,... will not hesitate to do business with them again!

This ends my review.
Last edited by shooter444 on February 3rd, 2020, 7:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

WTF are you rambling on about?
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

QuietM4,... this is the FIREARM-RELATED NEWS AND REVIEWS section of this board.

This is a REVIEW of a company called, SD TACTICAL ARMS,... up in Prescott, Az., that I just had a positive customer service experience
with,... that I thought would be something worth sharing with members, since this is the REVIEW section, and GOOD COMPANIES are few and far between,... and, we usually only hear about whiners that have bad experiences to post!!!

I'm sorry, after reading this, you didn't comprehend that,... and if this irritates you, so,.... why not just move on to some other post?
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

What happened to USMACHINEGUN ?? They Morph into SD tactical?
Harrier

Post by Harrier »

I got news for ya... THIS IS social media...
just gun related...
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Funny Harrier, but you are right. I meant I don't do major active social sites , like , Twitter, or Face Book, etc.,... hell, I don't even text!

Other than purchases and research, this is about as much I am on the net.
cool arrow

Post by cool arrow »

so did this post generate any new additions to "the infamous list"?
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

This was to be a "heads up" sharing moment, so if someone came across SD TACTICAL ARMS, while looking for a product, they would have an idea about them, if they didn't know already.

A couple of heel nippers, out of over 150 views, use my REVIEW as an opportunity to whine like little bitches,... which answers my personal query, as to why there aren't more members giving positive reviews about businesses on the net, in this REVIEW SECTION.

Now I know!
cool arrow

Post by cool arrow »

I try to give reviews, both positive and negative, when they are warranted.

I've never heard of the businesses that you named, but I lead a sheltered life....
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Glad to hear this, cool arrow,... reading a review about a company you know, would be boringly worthless, imo.