SIG P320 spontaneous firing incidents

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
smithers599
ArizonaShooting.org Member

SIG P320 spontaneous firing incidents

Post by smithers599 »

https://whyy.org/articles/septa-cop-who ... r-pending/
SEPTA cop whose gun mysteriously fired cleared of wrongdoing, litigation against gunmaker ‘pending’
Villani found the sear inside Kneski’s gun made very little contact with the striker. In addition, the striker moved side to side inside the gun, he reported. These factors make it very possible for the striker to slip past the sear and make contact with the round, the police major reported.
Villani deemed the gun defective and said the flaws he found may explain why there are so many incidents of the P320’s accidental discharge.

Flash

Re: SIG P320 spontaneous firing incidents

Post by Flash »

First I've heard of a design flaw on that particular gun.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

First I heard was the big recall/retrofit in 2018. https://www.sigsauer.com/press-releases ... 20-pistol/

This is the first I have heard of spontaneous firing post-retrofit. Our first instinct, of course, is to suspect somebody violated Rule Three, but they cite enough anecdotes where the finger was indisputably off the trigger to make me wary.
azrik

Post by azrik »

Something else is going on here. The article states that the sear is working off the striker but why is the striker safety allowing the striker to hit the primer without trigger movement?