Virginia looking to make firearms training a class 5 felony

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
TheAccountant
Banned
Banned

Re: Virginia looking to make firearms training a class 5 felony

Post by TheAccountant »

Another example of the blind sheep of Alex Jones. First, subparagraphs 1 and 2 have been on the books since 1987. Second, the last sentence of each of those paragraphs limits the application to training for "civil disorder." Sec. 18.2-331.1 defines civil disorder. You can read it for yourself. Before you go off on any conspiracy theories, look up how many people have been rounded up and arrested at their firearms training class in the last 32 years.

Subparagraph 3 is new and is disturbing, but has yet to be mentioned by anyone here. You can blame the nutjobs in Charlottesville waving Nazi flags with their rifles and plowing through crowds of people in their cars for that one though.

TheAccountant
Banned
Banned

Post by TheAccountant »

Hunter wrote: December 2nd, 2019, 4:38 am Did I read that wrong, or are they looking to make ALL self defense classes illegal? Teaching a student in the Marshall Arts can cause injury or death. Rape prevention classes also teach women how to cause injury to the attacker to escape. CCW classes?

And the penalty makes clear they only want money.
Yes. You read it all entirely wrong. Stay off Infowars and you may read things correctly.
TheAccountant
Banned
Banned

Post by TheAccountant »

shooter444 wrote: December 2nd, 2019, 7:47 am
Hunter wrote: December 2nd, 2019, 4:38 am Did I read that wrong, or are they looking to make ALL self defense classes illegal? Teaching a student in the Marshall Arts can cause injury or death. Rape prevention classes also teach women how to cause injury to the attacker to escape. CCW classes?

------------------------------

Actually, I believe it goes a little deeper than that. :whistle:

Bill Title: Paramilitary activities; penalty.

I believe that is Deep State talk preparing to classify all such training activities as DOMESTIC TERRORIST ACTS, opening up the use of Bush's, Patriot Act!

The last time I read of such political perversion in history, was back when Hitler was getting ready to start ARMS CONFISCATION,... shortly after his ARMS REGISTRATION ACT!!!

I also believe this is just the tip of the iceberg,... seems like more and more of these VERY INFRINGING ACTS, are becoming more and more obvious, the more and more We the People are enlightened to the Deep State corruption in our Federal Government!

My guess is, the duly elected thieves are getting a little panicky, having the threatening possibility of federal legal action coming down on their asses and money making scams!!!

Makes for a VERY PANICKY SWAMP,... INDEED!!!

jm.02
Not even close.
shooter444
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Post by shooter444 »

Riiight!!! There is no DEEP STATE, no Demonscats trying to shut Pres Trump up and shut him down from exposing and eventually prosecuting them.

There's no Deep State Global subversives that have infiltrated our Federal Government with the express purpose to promote any and all legislation they can come up with to disarm the People of the USA.

It's all just a nazi, skinhead, infowar conspiracy,... riiiiiiiiight,... I believe you!!!
TheAccountant
Banned
Banned

Post by TheAccountant »

shooter444 wrote: December 4th, 2019, 7:47 pm Riiight!!! There is no DEEP STATE, no Demonscats trying to shut Pres Trump up and shut him down from exposing and eventually prosecuting them.

There's no Deep State Global subversives that have infiltrated our Federal Government with the express purpose to promote any and all legislation they can come up with to disarm the People of the USA.

It's all just a nazi, skinhead, infowar conspiracy,... riiiiiiiiight,... I believe you!!!
What shall we name your straw man?

You said this bill was just the tip of the iceberg. Not only does the bill not outlaw what you say it does, but it was passed 32 years ago. Your predictions of impending doom haven't come true in 30+ years, so obviously you're not even close to being right.
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

TheAccountant wrote: December 4th, 2019, 6:37 pm

Yes. You read it all entirely wrong. Stay off Infowars and you may read things correctly.
Mr. Accountant
Spent a few minutes going over your posts and realized you seem to be good at research. I guess I missed the part about this particular being amended and section 3 added to existing law. My bad.

But I have 2 questions

1. Is the Constitution and Bill of Rights superior to state statute's and USC? As in, do I have a right to assemble friends with weapons and peacefully train, even if politicians and soccer moms get scared

2. Are you a paid cooler?
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

He's more than a cooler. And you're wasting your time trying to converse with him. His reality is colored by his delusion of self importance, and blinds him to what anyone says without their post being altered, by that self important filter.

Another possible candidate for my inglorious foe/ignore list !
Last edited by shooter444 on December 5th, 2019, 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
redj

Post by redj »

shooter444 wrote: December 5th, 2019, 8:36 am
Another possible candidate for my inglorious foe/ignore list !
Looks like someone is going to be stepping up in the internet world.
Another proud member of Levermans ( AKA shooter444 ) foe list.
TheAccountant
Banned
Banned

Post by TheAccountant »

Hunter wrote: December 5th, 2019, 5:30 am
TheAccountant wrote: December 4th, 2019, 6:37 pm

Mr. Accountant
Spent a few minutes going over your posts and realized you seem to be good at research. I guess I missed the part about this particular being amended and section 3 added to existing law. My bad.

But I have 2 questions

1. Is the Constitution and Bill of Rights superior to state statute's and USC? As in, do I have a right to assemble friends with weapons and peacefully train, even if politicians and soccer moms get scared

2. Are you a paid cooler?
It has nothing to do with being good with research. It has everything to do with verifying facts. Instead of clicking on the link that was provided in the OP and reading the amendment (in bright red text), you clicked on Infowars and regurgitated what that jackass Alex Jones had to say about it. Would you rather not read facts and form your own opinions?

1. Read my post again. I was actually the first one to call out the third paragraph, which is the only new paragraph in it. My point was it wasn't the "deep state" trying to outlaw firearms training as everyone else had ranted, but rather a nonsensical response to the nutjobs in Charlottesville that tied their racist BS to gun ownership.

2. No, I'm a rational human being that forms his own thoughts based on the best information available versus talking heads with their own agenda telling me what to think. I'm an Arizona native. I'm a firearms enthusiast. I'm sick and tired of idiots continuing to give the left more ammunition to make the firearms community look like a bunch of clowns.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

To save space, why not just list those members who are NOT on leverman's "la la la I can't hear you" list?
Miker12

Post by Miker12 »

What shall we name your straw man?

You said this bill was just the tip of the iceberg. Not only does the bill not outlaw what you say it does, but it was passed 32 years ago. Your predictions of impending doom haven't come true in 30+ years, so obviously you're not even close to being right.
Attachments
Jkwpbhs.jpg
TheAccountant
Banned
Banned

Post by TheAccountant »

So in addition to Infowars, you get your information from memes? Classic.
Miker12

Post by Miker12 »

There it is...classic non-researcher. Too bad you don't get your news from real sources. Mine was.
Pale Rider

Post by Pale Rider »

It's not just this particular bill to amend that is concerning. It's all the other bills that are in the pipeline in Virginia. Every time I come on to a gun forum there's always the guy (probably a paid troll) that will spout the (don't worry it's not that big a deal line); spreading lies and misinformation. They always invoke the (you're a bunch of Alex Jones conspiracy theorists crap). If he is a paid troll, he can feel free to piss off. Meanwhile the 2nd amendment is being killed with the death by a thousand cuts all across the country. AZ is in the crosshairs, and I'm damn concerned. Jesus, as I type this I can hear Bloomturd on TV on CBS in the other room talking his anti gun bullshit. This clown is spending hundreds of millions to get Democrats elected everywhere, and try to buy the presidency and do his best to destroy the constitution.
Last edited by Pale Rider on December 6th, 2019, 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pale Rider

Post by Pale Rider »

shooter444 wrote: December 4th, 2019, 3:37 pm
Pale Rider wrote: December 4th, 2019, 9:02 am You can bet Bloomy is licking his chops to completely turn AZ next. When it happens what are you going to do?
I believe there are only two options,... compliance,... or, resistance.
Most every one I talk to says they'd resist and not comply in any way. That's great, but if you have a "banned firearm" it will end up being a safe queen. If you ever tried to use it and some law enforcer sees you with it, you'd end being convicted of a felony, in jail, and lose all your firearms.