Virginia looking to make firearms training a class 5 felony

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
TheAccountant
Banned
Banned

Re: Virginia looking to make firearms training a class 5 felony

Post by TheAccountant »

Miker12 wrote: December 18th, 2019, 8:08 am
TheAccountant wrote: December 17th, 2019, 6:43 pm There's a whole pile of retards around the corner from me at 24th Street and Camelback celebrating the house vote today. Rise up blowhards. Go show 'em what you're made of.
I see we have a person who wishes to incite this board into violence. Hmmm, the government seems to place people within organizations and then incite violence, be the first one to push illegal acts and so on. It is how they start the criminal proceedings. Be careful everyone! Asked moderator to be aware of this, police are aware.
You're delusional.

shooter444
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Post by shooter444 »

A good read,... indeed!

I think it's little early to start prophesying, but, the response by the Adjutant General of Virginia’s National Guard leaves me thinking of two possible outcomes.

I see his response as expressly mediocre, to either warn the state legislature to cool their jets,... or, to keep the heat down and not inflame the citizens forming their militia.

As I sated,... the entire Nation, if not the World, is watching in anticipation!!!

-----------------------------------------

Maj. Gen. Timothy P. Williams, the Adjutant General of Virginia’s National Guard responded rather vaguely via Twitter.

"We have received multiple questions regarding proposed legislation for the 2020 General Assembly session and the authority of the Governor of Virginia to employ the Virginia National Guard in a law enforcement role."

"We understand and respect the passion people feel for the U.S. Constitution and 2nd Amendment rights. We will not speculate about the possible use of the Virginia National Guard."
Harrier

Post by Harrier »

I'm not a lawyer but as a layman it seems to me, just by reading the current law passed in 1987, that most of these things people are now worried about (Teaching, Training, Group Practice), were already outlawed for the past 32 years, they just didn't enforce it... (kinda like they did with seat belts for a time).
Seems like the only thing the proposed addition will do is criminalize people who assemble in a group (ie public protest / counter-protest) and one of them happens to have a magazine in his pocket (not even a firearm, just a component thereof).... looks like pitchforks and torches are out too.
What really needs to be addressed is repealing the 1987 law.

As for Bloomturd, you don't think the millions mean anything to him do you? No matter what happens he wins. He gets stooges 6 states a way to do his dirty work and if it succeeds he takes the win on to the next state while everyone dances around the campfire. If things go south and he loses the first battle all he has to do is sit back and watch while some authority doesn't stand idle and sends in someone to take charge.... could be the state or the feds that will instill order. You don't think they wil send in the homeboys do you? They will ask for assistance and deputize outsiders (remember Katrina) to take care of the dangerous work... maybe even form a joint task force with the state authority in the #1 seat and everyone else... just following orders...
yes it will be interesting.
Pale Rider

Post by Pale Rider »

The thing that a lot of ignorant people don't understand is that all laws are enforced without consistency. Stupid people will say, "hey it's been on the books for decades, what are you worried about". All it takes is for some overzealous tyrant to come along and prosecute and take things to the limit. That's why I believe this particular law in Virginia was dusted off and added to. They expected push back from all the other new gun control bills they plan on passing and they want to be able to back them up and put people in jail for not bending to their tyrannical will.
TheAccountant
Banned
Banned

Post by TheAccountant »

Pale Rider wrote: December 18th, 2019, 1:03 pm The thing that a lot of ignorant people don't understand is that all laws are enforced without consistency. Stupid people will say, "hey it's been on the books for decades, what are you worried about". All it takes is for some overzealous tyrant to come along and prosecute and take things to the limit. That's why I believe this particular law in Virginia was dusted off and added to. They expected push back from all the other new gun control bills they plan on passing and they want to be able to back them up and put people in jail for not bending to their tyrannical will.
Read the elements of the law before you go off on some passive-aggressive rant.
Pale Rider

Post by Pale Rider »

So, did any one else get a private message from The Accountant? Every time I post he thinks I'm talking to him. When I posted above I was agreeing with Harrier and saying why I think they dusted off the old law, I wasn't talking to him; I pretty much put him on ignore now. It looks like a pretty thinly veiled threat to me, but here it is: "I think you and I need to meet face to face to figure out what's what. Name the time and place". Sure I'll meet with him, how about Dec 25th at 6:00 AM at the Wikieup Trading Post; don't be late; LMFAO. He says this forum is a joke, but continues to come here and disrupt and try to fight with everyone. Good luck with that. He's like the guy that gets drunk and wants to fistfight everyone at the party. I'd think that making threats is frowned upon here. WTF.
Last edited by Pale Rider on December 19th, 2019, 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

"I'd think that making threats is frowned upon here. WTF."

Ya, well good luck with that! He should have been banned a long time ago, but, my guess is , confrontational posts, create larger recorded hits, that present better numbers for advertiser enticement.

Find out what kind of Federal Internet Law he has broken, with this threat, and act accordingly,... is my advice. We won't get any relief here!
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

TheAccountant wrote: December 18th, 2019, 2:18 pm
Pale Rider wrote: December 18th, 2019, 1:03 pm The thing that a lot of ignorant people don't understand is that all laws are enforced without consistency. Stupid people will say, "hey it's been on the books for decades, what are you worried about". All it takes is for some overzealous tyrant to come along and prosecute and take things to the limit. That's why I believe this particular law in Virginia was dusted off and added to. They expected push back from all the other new gun control bills they plan on passing and they want to be able to back them up and put people in jail for not bending to their tyrannical will.
Read the elements of the law before you go off on some passive-aggressive rant.
What elements of Pale Rider's statement are you talking exception with? Are you suggesting all laws passed are enforced on an equal basis? That some laws are not passed specifically to target select individuals or groups of individuals? That politicians can't see the future of their actions and plan accordingly? What?
TheAccountant
Banned
Banned

Post by TheAccountant »

The elements of the VA law that the Alex Jones sheep believe are now going to be used to ban firearms training and martial arts.

Your daddy Alex lied to you - accept it and move on.
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

TheAccountant wrote: December 22nd, 2019, 9:09 am The elements of the VA law that the Alex Jones sheep believe are now going to be used to ban firearms training and martial arts.

That's not what he said. His point as I see it was simply selective enforcing. Which is why I asked the questions you avoided
MJL
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by MJL »

What happened to Virginia: Liberal migration. More liberals are now moving to Texas than any other state in the nation. If Texas goes liberal from a majority vote perspective, you will never see another conservative president.
Harrier

Post by Harrier »

Back in the 70's i lived in Oregon, really loved it up there... even ignored the rain and made jokes how it kept outsiders away...
Then the Californians came... They sold their ticky-tacky for big bucks and saw cheap land and housing in Portland, so they came in droves. They started bidding up the spec houses to where a house that used to sell for 50-80k now went for 250k, and just when i had saved enough to get out of apartment living, the price was now way out of my range.... thanks to all the new money and house flippers.

Oh and they brought their politics too- look what a sh**h**e that town has become. Look around and you will see that the same thing has happened to Washington, Colorado, Northern Idaho, Parts of Montana, San Antonio and other parts of Texas and don't forget Flagstaff, Prescott, Sedona, Phoenix and Tucson. I think we can safely say that it's no longer just the Californians as those from Chicago to NY to MD are paddling in the same canoe...

(My California born wife blames the east-coasters for ruining her beloved home of fruits and nuts... she may have a point as the Yankee invasion continues).
For the past several years western states had been the target but now it seems several southern states are coming under the spotlight as well...
who knows, it might even be a conspiracy.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Left wing Global Demonscatism is a just another religious cult, imo, that Pres Trump should institute an intervention program of professional deprogrammers,... Nationally, if not, Globally.
TheAccountant
Banned
Banned

Post by TheAccountant »

Hunter wrote: December 22nd, 2019, 1:27 pm
TheAccountant wrote: December 22nd, 2019, 9:09 am The elements of the VA law that the Alex Jones sheep believe are now going to be used to ban firearms training and martial arts.

That's not what he said. His point as I see it was simply selective enforcing. Which is why I asked the questions you avoided
That's exactly what he said. They can't pass other gun laws so they're "dusting off" this one. Read the first 15 posts in this thread where Alex Jones' sheep were on here talking about making firearms training against the law. Do yourself a favor an read the elements of the law that has been in place for 3 decades now and then come back and tell me if you don't think how statement is about as stupid as you can get.

This is exactly why things are going the way they're going. You get so hung up on the BS and start crying about conspiracies and government takeover without the facts. The other side just keeps making us look like morons because the mouthpieces (aka blowhards) can't shut up for 2 seconds and evaluate the facts before they cry wolf. I don't disagree, and if you go back to my original post you'll see this, that there are politicians attacking gun rights on a daily basis. I also think they know how to play the game and the blowhards get played like a damn fiddle every time around. But hey, keep continuing the same actions and expecting different results.. It's not like that's basically the definition of insanity or anything.
Blue109

Post by Blue109 »

TheAccountant wrote: December 23rd, 2019, 10:10 amthe blowhards can't shut up for 2 seconds
Irony