Virginia looking to make firearms training a class 5 felony

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
Flash
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Virginia looking to make firearms training a class 5 felony

Post by Flash »

Then the thing to do is make it painful for them to arrest anyone for not complying. After you do it a couple of times, they'll stop trying.

shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Pale Rider wrote: December 6th, 2019, 7:23 am
shooter444 wrote: December 4th, 2019, 3:37 pm
Pale Rider wrote: December 4th, 2019, 9:02 am You can bet Bloomy is licking his chops to completely turn AZ next. When it happens what are you going to do?
I believe there are only two options,... compliance,... or, resistance.
Most every one I talk to says they'd resist and not comply in any way. That's great, but if you have a "banned firearm" it will end up being a safe queen. If you ever tried to use it and some law enforcer sees you with it, you'd end being convicted of a felony, in jail, and lose all your firearms.
Agreed,... unless the individual decides to resist infringement, which is a Constitutional legal action. I could go on, but, I prefer to just quote much wiser men in history, with their profound and ever lasting opinions! Here are some of my favorites,... enjoy!

----------------------------

"As civil rulers, not having their duty to the people before them, may attempt to tyrannize, and as the military forces which must be occasionally raised to defend our country, might pervert their power to the injury of their fellow citizens, the people are confirmed by the article in their right to keep and bear their private arms."
- Tench Coxe, Philadelphia Federal Gazette, June 18, 1789

"...the ultimate authority, wherever the derivative may be found, resides in the people alone..."
- James Madison, Federalist No. 46, January 29, 1788

"On every occasion [of Constitutional interpretation] let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying [to force] what meaning may be squeezed out of the text, or invented against it, [instead let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."
- Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, 12 June 1823

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops."
- Noah Webster, An Examination of the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution, October 10, 1787

"Besides the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation, the existence of subordinate governments, to which the people are attached, and by which the militia officers are appointed, forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of."
- James Madison, Federalist No. 46, January 29, 1788

"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
- Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
- Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776

"The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
- Thomas Jefferson, letter to to John Cartwright, 5 June 1824

“The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.” – Tenth Amendment, 1791

“An elective despotism was not the government we fought for; but one in which the powers of government should be so divided and balanced among the several bodies of magistracy as that no one could transcend their legal limits without being effectually checked and restrained by the others.” – James Madison, Federalist 84, 1788

“The accumulation of all powers, legislative, executive, and judiciary, in the same hands, whether of one, a few, or many, and whether hereditary, self-appointed, or elective, may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny.” – James Madison, Federalist 47, 1788

“A dependence on the people is, no doubt, the primary control on the government; but experience has taught mankind the necessity of auxiliary precautions.” – James Madison, Federalist 51, 1788

“Pure democracies have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention; have ever been found incompatible with personal security, or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths.” – James Madison, Federalist 10, 1787

“I have no fear that the result of our experiment will be that men may be trusted to govern themselves without a master.” – Thomas Jefferson, Letter to David Hartley, 1787

“We may define a republic to be … a government which derives all its powers directly or indirectly from the great body of the people, and is administered by persons holding their offices during pleasure for a limited period, or during good behavior.” – James Madison, Federalist 39, 1788

“Government is instituted to protect property of every sort; as well that which lies in the various rights of individuals, as that which the term particularly expresses. This being the end of government, that alone is a just government which impartially secures to every man whatever is his own.” – James Madison, Essay on Property, 1792

"I ask who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers."
- George Mason, Address to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 4, 1788

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.... The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun."
- Patrick Henry, Speech to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 5, 1778
Last edited by shooter444 on December 7th, 2019, 6:30 pm, edited 7 times in total.
TheAccountant
Banned
Banned

Post by TheAccountant »

Miker12 wrote: December 5th, 2019, 8:04 pm There it is...classic non-researcher. Too bad you don't get your news from real sources. Mine was.
Your meme was from a "real" news source? What exactly do it think the conspiracy was there? Did you happen to read the facts of the case from your "real" news source?
TheAccountant
Banned
Banned

Post by TheAccountant »

Pale Rider wrote: December 6th, 2019, 7:05 am It's not just this particular bill to amend that is concerning. It's all the other bills that are in the pipeline in Virginia. Every time I come on to a gun forum there's always the guy (probably a paid troll) that will spout the (don't worry it's not that big a deal line); spreading lies and misinformation. They always invoke the (you're a bunch of Alex Jones conspiracy theorists crap). If he is a paid troll, he can feel free to piss off. Meanwhile the 2nd amendment is being killed with the death by a thousand cuts all across the country. AZ is in the crosshairs, and I'm damn concerned. Jesus, as I type this I can hear Bloomturd on TV on CBS in the other room talking his anti gun bullshit. This clown is spending hundreds of millions to get Democrats elected everywhere, and try to buy the presidency and do his best to destroy the constitution.
Anyone who disagrees with you is a paid troll? I just pointed out that the bill everyone was getting their panties in a twist over and proclaiming was the end of the world had been on the books for over 30 years. What exactly is whining and crying on a gun forum about a law that's 30 years old doing to protect AZ gun rights?

And yes, Alex Jones is an absolute moron.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

"Anyone who disagrees with you is a paid troll?"

Actually, I believe Pale Rider is only one of three, if memory serves me, that believe you to be of troll mentality. Given more time,... I believe there will be more added, to this opinion.
Pale Rider

Post by Pale Rider »

I did say "if", but if it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, it's probably a f**kin duck, unless others can verify it's not. That's one of the problems with the internet, anyone can go to a forum and claim to be whatever they want. Hell, there's a rumor going around that there is a gun forum that was started by a clown that was being paid by an anti gun organization to be astro-turf and spread misinformation. It's probably just a rumor, but when I looked the place over; the owner was always spreading bullshit to the point of calling conservatives names and even defending Obunghole and his appointees. It didn't pass the smell test in my opinion, and there's no reason to waste time on a place like that. There is a war on over the 2nd amendment and the jackasses like Bloomturd are dead serious, and people better wake the hell up.

Last edited by Pale Rider on December 6th, 2019, 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pale Rider

Post by Pale Rider »

S444, and Flash, unless there is a full blown resistance to the unconstitutional laws; you'll just end up being a casualty when the SWAT team shows up.
TheAccountant
Banned
Banned

Post by TheAccountant »

Pale Rider wrote: December 6th, 2019, 12:51 pm I did say "if", but if it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, it's probably a f**kin duck, unless others can verify it's not. That's one of the problems with the internet, anyone can go to a forum and claim to be whatever they want. Hell, there's a rumor going around that there is a gun forum that was started by a clown that was being paid by an anti gun organization to be astro-turf and spread misinformation. It's probably just a rumor, but when I looked the place over; the owner was always spreading bullshit to the point of calling conservatives names and even defending Obunghole and his appointees. It didn't pass the smell test in my opinion, and there's no reason to waste time on a place like that. There is a war on over the 2nd amendment and the jackasses like Bloomturd are dead serious, and people better wake the hell up.

Others come on here and parrot the opinions from pure propaganda sites. I express my own opinions. Who is the troll? :shifty:
Flash

Post by Flash »

Pale Rider wrote: December 6th, 2019, 12:58 pm S444, and Flash, unless there is a full blown resistance to the unconstitutional laws; you'll just end up being a casualty when the SWAT team shows up.
Think so? I don't. Don't need a full blown resistance, all you need is a few small groups of people who have the training, experience, expertise and willingness to demonstrate what a small unit who knows what it's doing can do. I've seen hours of SWAT training, hours of SWAT competitions and SWAT in action against people who don't know they're coming, have no training, experience or expertise.

They don't really worry me too much.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Pale Rider, as I am sure you are aware of, and, as Flash is,... most major conflicts start with someone taking the first shot,... and,... someone receiving the first shot.

It's just the way it is, and, as history has recorded,... such,... is fact.

"In April 1775 British soldiers, called lobsterbacks because of their red coats, and minutemen—the colonists' militia—exchanged gunfire at Lexington and Concord in Massachusetts. Described as "the shot heard round the world," it signaled the start of the American Revolution and led to the creation of a new nation."

"In 1770, Crispus Attucks, a black man, became the first casualty of the American Revolution when he was shot and killed in what became known as the Boston Massacre."

"A century ago this Saturday on a street corner in Sarajevo, Gavrilo Princip fired the shot that started World War I when he killed Archduke Franz Ferdinand."
Last edited by shooter444 on December 8th, 2019, 7:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

:text-goodpost:
In a Time of Universal Deceit — Telling the Truth Is a Revolutionary Act
Pale Rider

Post by Pale Rider »

Blue109 wrote: December 1st, 2019, 7:04 pm I think VA may end up being ground zero for the boogaloo. Lots of noise and organization lately in the communities.
Looks like you may be right. Last I checked 80 counties are sanctuaries now. It'll be interesting to see how many people actually resist by force like Flash says he'd do if necessary. Maybe if it turns hot and it's really ugly, it'll put a stop to this crap in other states.
More pure propaganda (according to the "bean counter"):

TheAccountant
Banned
Banned

Post by TheAccountant »

Pale Rider wrote: December 13th, 2019, 6:27 am
Blue109 wrote: December 1st, 2019, 7:04 pm I think VA may end up being ground zero for the boogaloo. Lots of noise and organization lately in the communities.
Looks like you may be right. Last I checked 80 counties are sanctuaries now. It'll be interesting to see how many people actually resist by force like Flash says he'd do if necessary. Maybe if it turns hot and it's really ugly, it'll put a stop to this crap in other states.
More pure propaganda (according to the "bean counter"):

Take a look in your own backyard. The cesspool of Tucson is right there with them. Here's your chance - are you going to just talk about how badass you are on a forum or are you going to step up and do something, tough guy?
Pale Rider

Post by Pale Rider »

Hey bean counter, you're a real dim bulb aren't you? I'm not claiming to be one of the internet badasses, learn how to read. I said it will be interesting to see how others that claim to be badasses react to all this, grow a brain. As I said, troll; feel free to piss off.