Virginia looking to make firearms training a class 5 felony

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
Miker12
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Virginia looking to make firearms training a class 5 felony

Post by Miker12 »

Bill Title: Paramilitary activities; penalty.

Spectrum: Partisan Bill (Democrat 1-0)

Status: (Introduced) 2019-11-21 - Referred to Committee for Courts of Justice [SB64 Detail]

Be it enacted by the General Assembly of Virginia:

1. That §18.2-433.2 of the Code of Virginia is amended and reenacted as follows:

§18.2-433.2. Paramilitary activity prohibited; penalty.

A person shall be is guilty of unlawful paramilitary activity, punishable as a Class 5 felony if he:

1. Teaches or demonstrates to any other person the use, application, or making of any firearm, explosive, or incendiary device, or technique capable of causing injury or death to persons, knowing or having reason to know or intending that such training will be employed for use in, or in furtherance of, a civil disorder; or

2. Assembles with one or more persons for the purpose of training with, practicing with, or being instructed in the use of any firearm, explosive, or incendiary device, or technique capable of causing injury or death to persons, intending to employ such training for use in, or in furtherance of, a civil disorder; or

3. Assembles with one or more persons with the intent of intimidating any person or group of persons by drilling, parading, or marching with any firearm, any explosive or incendiary device, or any components or combination thereof.

2. That the provisions of this act may result in a net increase in periods of imprisonment or commitment. Pursuant to §30-19.1:4 of the Code of Virginia, the estimated amount of the necessary appropriation cannot be determined for periods of imprisonment in state adult correctional facilities; therefore, Chapter 854 of the Acts of Assembly of 2019 requires the Virginia Criminal Sentencing Commission to assign a minimum fiscal impact of $50,000. Pursuant to §30-19.1:4 of the Code of Virginia, the estimated amount of the necessary appropriation cannot be determined for periods of commitment to the custody of the Department of Juvenile Justice.

https://legiscan.com/VA/text/SB64/id/2070814

Flash

Re: Virginia looking to make firearms training a class 5 felony

Post by Flash »

The Progressives never stop do they?

I really only see 3 possible courses of action:

1. We firearms owners give up (I won't, but you can if you want)

2. We have it out with them (I'm okay with this)

3. We divide the U.S. into 2 nations, the Progressive States Of America and The Conseratives States Of America (I'm okay with this also)
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

One,... I have doubts this will pass as written.

Two,... I have often contemplated the concept of a two state Nation, for many years. Not that I believe it would be realized by proper Constitutional procedure,... but, I believe it could come about do to extreme civil division into two distinct national political factions!

jm.02
Harrier

Post by Harrier »

#1 won't happen unless its forced upon us... and then I see #2 coming about.
OK, so for the moment lets assume #3... the country agreeably splits in two...
a. which parts become Red/Blue (may as well split up the states while were at it... what territory becomes liberal/conservative?)
b.what if you can't agree on a)
c. how do you handle the opposite lifestyle to vacate their property and move to the other area?
d. what if they tell you to go PU a rope?
e. Who gets to decide the matter in the first place?

Sounds like option 2 with winner take all is the only one that has a chance of working out for someone....

JMO
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

What in the holy hell happened to that state?
Solar_Empire

Post by Solar_Empire »

xerts1191 wrote: November 30th, 2019, 1:10 pm What in the holy hell happened to that state?
Same thing that is happening everywhere, unchecked illegal immigration and liberals fleeing their shitholes and voting the same way.
Harrier

Post by Harrier »

xerts1191 wrote: November 30th, 2019, 1:10 pm What in the holy hell happened to that state?
Kalifornians moving around...
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Just another unconstitutional infringing act by the One World Government Deep State puppets! World wide disarmament is the goal and the USA is the last domino in their agenda. There are probably thousands of these illegal actions, by them, every year!

jm.02
Blue109

Post by Blue109 »

I think VA may end up being ground zero for the boogaloo. Lots of noise and organization lately in the communities.
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

Did I read that wrong, or are they looking to make ALL self defense classes illegal? Teaching a student in the Marshall Arts can cause injury or death. Rape prevention classes also teach women how to cause injury to the attacker to escape. CCW classes?

And the penalty makes clear they only want money.
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

How will the police get their firearms training? Oh thats right, they're exempt. Laws have never been applied equally.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Hunter wrote: December 2nd, 2019, 4:38 am Did I read that wrong, or are they looking to make ALL self defense classes illegal? Teaching a student in the Marshall Arts can cause injury or death. Rape prevention classes also teach women how to cause injury to the attacker to escape. CCW classes?

And the penalty makes clear they only want money.
------------------------------

Actually, I believe it goes a little deeper than that. :whistle:

Bill Title: Paramilitary activities; penalty.

I believe that is Deep State talk preparing to classify all such training activities as DOMESTIC TERRORIST ACTS, opening up the use of Bush's, Patriot Act!

The last time I read of such political perversion in history, was back when Hitler was getting ready to start ARMS CONFISCATION,... shortly after his ARMS REGISTRATION ACT!!!

I also believe this is just the tip of the iceberg,... seems like more and more of these VERY INFRINGING ACTS, are becoming more and more obvious, the more and more We the People are enlightened to the Deep State corruption in our Federal Government!

My guess is, the duly elected thieves are getting a little panicky, having the threatening possibility of federal legal action coming down on their asses and money making scams!!!

Makes for a VERY PANICKY SWAMP,... INDEED!!!

jm.02
Pale Rider

Post by Pale Rider »

This is what happens when big money targets a state. Bloomturd isn't the only billionaire that is hell bent on turning the U.S. into a shithole. There are many others including Soros and Bezos that are using their billions to change society for the worse. Virginia was hit heavy with propaganda this last election paid for by the activist billionaires, mostly Bloomturd from what I can gather. This shiat is already happening in AZ and will only get worse, especially with all the Kommiefornians moving here. You can bet Bloomy is licking his chops to completely turn AZ next. When it happens what are you going to do?

Flash

Post by Flash »

Pale Rider wrote: December 4th, 2019, 9:02 am You can bet Bloomy is licking his chops to completely turn AZ next. When it happens what are you going to do?
Not comply in any way
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Pale Rider wrote: December 4th, 2019, 9:02 am You can bet Bloomy is licking his chops to completely turn AZ next. When it happens what are you going to do?
I believe there are only two options,... compliance,... or, resistance.