Virginia looking to make firearms training a class 5 felony

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
Hunter
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Virginia looking to make firearms training a class 5 felony

Post by Hunter »

TheAccountant wrote: December 23rd, 2019, 10:10 am
Hunter wrote: December 22nd, 2019, 1:27 pm
TheAccountant wrote: December 22nd, 2019, 9:09 am The elements of the VA law that the Alex Jones sheep believe are now going to be used to ban firearms training and martial arts.

Your daddy Alex lied to you - accept it and move on.
That's not what he said. His point as I see it was simply selective enforcing. Which is why I asked the questions you avoided
That's exactly what he said. They can't pass other gun laws so they're "dusting off" this one. Read the first 15 posts in this thread where Alex Jones' sheep were on here talking about making firearms training against the law. Do yourself a favor an read the elements of the law that has been in place for 3 decades now and then come back and tell me if you don't think how statement is about as stupid as you can get.

This is exactly why things are going the way they're going. You get so hung up on the BS and start crying about conspiracies and government takeover without the facts. The other side just keeps making us look like morons because the mouthpieces (aka blowhards) can't shut up for 2 seconds and evaluate the facts before they cry wolf. I don't disagree, and if you go back to my original post you'll see this, that there are politicians attacking gun rights on a daily basis. I also think they know how to play the game and the blowhards get played like a damn fiddle every time around. But hey, keep continuing the same actions and expecting different results.. It's not like that's basically the definition of insanity or anything.
Accountant, I have read the law, and it's a vaguely written and contains no exceptions.
The only element needed for conviction under this law is "knowing" your trainees are going to cause "civil disorder" which itself is subjective. I have no idea what was going on in VA. in 1987 that sparked this legislation, but I'm pretty sure it was designed to get some group of people the government didn't like at the time. I'm sure you're correct in stating the amendment was in response to Charlottesville.

That said, it's still bad law. No one, even Alex Jones, is incorrect in pointing out how this can be used. Just because it's been around 30 years doesn't mean it won't be abused in due time. RICO and asset forfeiture have been around longer and what was once a tool against organized crime is now used to take the money and vehicles of average people the police say may have come from illegal activity.

Now the simple fact is that the government has been taking over every aspect of our daily lives almost all of my life. We are socially and economically engeneered to be slaves of the state. If you are an accountant, I'm sure you see the economic engineering. That VA. law, social engineering.

This is why I believe you're a cooler. The "fact" that a law hasn't been abused is no guarantee that it won't be abused. You think there's some kind of moral hurdle the political class has to get over before they abuse the subjects. "They wouldn't do that, that would be wrong" is not a valid argument.

Merry Christmas

Pale Rider

Post by Pale Rider »

Looks like ole blackface KKK boy is getting nervous. Martial law will be next I'd think.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/nor ... rm-capitol
Pale Rider

Post by Pale Rider »

They just keep thinking up new shiat to f**k with gun owners. Now it's gun ranges:

Pale Rider

Post by Pale Rider »

And now just like clockwork, what would all this be without the fake news running propaganda that the rally on Monday is all about white supremacy and not about the Constitution.

Flash

Post by Flash »

Looks like the Governor is trying to start Civil War II
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

The Demonscat propaganda puke is as thick as ever! They will never change, they can't! They have been so corrupt, for so long, they have no other option than to be all in, on eliminating our Constitution,... in order to protect the power and the wealth, derived from that power, which they have acquired over the decades!

I was talking with a very close and dear friend,...she is an old school progressive democrat, programmed from decades of "higher education",... in fact, she is an educator.

I asked her to please tell me what crime President Trump has committed, for impeachment to be warranted. She replied,... " I know what he did ",... so I asked, WHAT,... she simply said,.... " He is an a**hole ". When I said, being an a**hole is not an impeachable offense, she replied,... " It should be."

There is no reasoning with Demonscat programmed mental midgets, anymore than one can reason with a Muslin fanatic... as I have published many times, for many years!

They are pushing and pushing, stemming from their self inflicted delusional panic, to protect themselves from an enemy that did not exist,... but,... IS,... being created from their own making!

If they continue to attack the US Constitution and our Human Rights it protects,.... this will not end well,.... imo!
Last edited by shooter444 on January 17th, 2020, 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

The Base, that's it, that's the A game? "The Base" pronounced in Arabic is literally Al Qaeda.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

Mixing Antifa and NRA is an obvious attempt to instigate violence so they can claim gun owners are all violent extremists.

I think everybody should wear blackface, just to watch the governor tie himself in knots.
Harrier

Post by Harrier »

Eliminating 'private' gun ranges (and shooting in the woods, aka Natl.Forests, would cause all shooting to occur at monitored gun ranges, thus allowing them to see who has what and how often they come and go. Belonging to a gun range these days is already a monitored event if you have to check in with the range master before shooting...
Pale Rider

Post by Pale Rider »

More fake news propaganda that the rally is all about white supremacy:

Pale Rider

Post by Pale Rider »

And now a little truth from the President:

Doc

Post by Doc »

Oh. This is interesting.

https://blueridgeindependent.com/west-v ... 90-107.htm

West Virginia makes an offer to Virginia's neglected rural counties
3 days ago

byChuck Jackson
Staff Journalist
Sperryville, West Virginia and Brightwood, West Virginia could soon become datelines for newspapers across the country if a proposed resolution currently under consideration by the West Virginia legislature, in Charleston (W.Va.), is approved.

Others, like Madison and Washington, most likely would have to change their names since localities already in West Virginia, have those names.

The state of West Virginia’s legislature - Senate and House of Delegates - have both passed resolutions in their respective bodies and patrons for both hail from the Mountain States’ Eastern Panhandle.

West Virginia Senate Concurrent Resolution No. 2, introduced last Friday by Senator Charles S. Trump IV (R-Berkeley Springs) specifically called on the city of Winchester and Frederick County to join his state, saying an invite was given in 1862 at the height of the War Between the States, and the U.S. Supreme Court backed it up in an 1870 decision that said splitting the western counties of the Commonwealth when Virginia left the Union on the outset of the war, was legal.

Interviewed by The Winchester Star on Monday, President Trump said that his belief of the boundary between West Virginia and Frederick County “is only on paper” as citizens of both states freely travel back and forth daily.

The West Virginia House of Delegates introduced House Concurrent Resolution No. 8, Tuesday, with Patron Gary D. Howell (R-Keyser) sponsoring an invite for all counties currently in the Fifth, Sixth and Ninth Congressional Districts and part of the 10th Congressional District (Winchester City and Frederick and Clarke counties).

Twenty-two Republican delegates and one independent (Berkeley County) signed on as co-patrons, according the the West Virginia Legislature website.

The house resolution clearly speaks of recent Second Amendment locality resolutions passed by over 100 Virginia counties, towns and cities in light of perceived wrongs brought forth by the Democratic-controlled Virginia General Assembly and Executive branches.

The West Virginia house resolution states: “Whereas, In recent days, these tensions have been compounded by a perception of contempt on the part of the government at Richmond for the differences in certain fundamental political and societal principles which prevail between the varied counties and cities of that Commonwealth; and

Whereas, In the latest, and most evident, in this string of grievances, the government at Richmond now seeks to place intolerable restraints upon the rights guaranteed under the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution to the citizens of that Commonwealth; and

Whereas, The Legislative body of West Virginia believes that this latest action defies the wise counsel which has come down to us in the august words of our common Virginia Founders: as the government at Richmond now repudiates the counsel of that tribune of liberty, Patrick Henry-who stated to the Virginia Ratifying Convention in 1788 that “The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun.”

The West Virginia resolution concludes by stating, "Whereas, In a spirit of conciliation, the Legislature of West Virginia hereby extends an invitation to our fellow Virginians who wish to do so, to join us in our noble experiment of 156 years of separation from the government at Richmond; and, we extend an invitation to any constituent county or city of the Commonwealth of Virginia to be admitted to the body politic of the State of West Virginia, under the conditions set forth in our state Constitution, specifically, with the consent of a majority of the voters of such county or city voting upon such proposition; and we hereby covenant that their many grievances shall be addressed, and, we further covenant with them that their firearms rights shall be protected to the fullest extent possible under our Federal and State Constitutions; and

Whereas, Providing that the General Assembly of the Commonwealth of Virginia shall give its assent to any county or independent city presently part of the Commonwealth of Virginia having the opportunity and ability to do so, therefore, be it

Resolved by the Legislature of West Virginia:

That the question of admission, or, the rejection of such admission, of any county or independent city of the Commonwealth of Virginia desiring admission to the State of West Virginia, and a majority of whose qualified voters, voting on the question, have approved such measure, prior to August 1, 2020, shall be submitted to the voters of the State of West Virginia at the next general election to be held in the year 2020.

Such proposal shall be placed upon the general election ballot in the following form: “Shall the following county (or independent city) _____________________(name), currently a constituent part of the Commonwealth of Virginia, be admitted to the State of West Virginia as a constituent county of the State of West Virginia.”

Should the General Assembly of the Commonwealth of Virginia give its assent to any county or independent city presently part of the Commonwealth of Virginia having the opportunity to do so, and such county or independent city desiring admission to the State of West Virginia, and a majority of whose qualified voters, voting on the question, not have approved such measure prior to August 1, 2020, but do approve such measure at a later date;
Then, this provision of this Act shall serve as an official request of the Legislature of West Virginia to the Governor of West Virginia to call a special session of this Legislature to provide for a special election to provide for the approval of the admission, or, the rejection of such admission, of such county or independent city; and, be it

Further Resolved, That the Legislature directs that the Clerk of the House forward copies of this resolution to the Board of Supervisors of each county in the Commonwealth of Virginia who have voted to become sanctuary counties for firearms rights, and to the Council of each independent city in the Commonwealth of Virginia who have voted to become sanctuary cities for firearms rights; and, be it

Further Resolved, That the Legislature directs that the Clerk of the House forward copies of this resolution to the Clerk of the House of Delegates and Clerk of the Senate of the General Assembly of the Commonwealth of Virginia and requests, in a spirit of peace and goodwill, that the General Assembly will allow this measure for the peaceful transfer of peoples and the restoration of harmony to the Virginias; and, further requests, in a continuance of such spirit, that any firearms legislation proposed by that body have an effective date far enough into the future so that this exchange of peoples and territory could be accomplished before the effective date of such legislation."

Locally, in Madison and Rappahannock counties, elected leaders expressed both surprise and intrigue about the West Virginia action.

“That’s wild,” Rappahannock County Supervisor I. Christopher Parrish (Stonewall-Hawthorne District) said via telephone from his Key West, Florida condo where he’s vacationing. “I’m surprised and don’t think something like that is feasible. It does sound like a stretch.

I identify myself as a Virginian, so I would be opposed to it.”

Madison Supervisor Kevin McGhee said he had heard rumblings about it while attending a transportation conference in Washington, DC. Travelling home, Wednesday afternoon, and reached by phone with the question: “How would you like to work for the West Virginia Department of Transportation?”, McGhee’s first quip was, “I hear they have more transportation money than Virginia does.”

But in all seriousness, McGhee - who voted against Madison’s Second Amendment Sanctuary status because he felt he and his fellow board members should have studied the issue instead of voting the same night it was proposed - said he felt the resolutions in the neighboring state had to do with 2A and how local citizens are upset with their Richmond legislators.

“I wouldn’t want to work for WVDOT under those conditions,” McGhee said.

Jackson District Supervisor Ronald L. Frazier - a 2A proponent - laughed when asked if he’d like to live in Viewtown, West Virginia, but the seriousness of the resolutions soon came to light.

“I’ve heard people in our county and around the area who have openly talked about moving to West Virginia,” Frazier said. “If this happened, I guess they wouldn’t have to move.”

Frazier went on talking about the merit but believing constitutionally, the counties in the Piedmont, Shenandoah Valley, Southwest Virginia and Southside Virginia, wouldn’t be allowed such a move legally without first obtaining the concurrence of the Commonwealth of Virginia.

Nonetheless, Frazier added, if the legislature continued down the path it’s currently on, more drastic action might evoke a shift of counties.

He compared the goings-on in Richmond to what’s happened in Rappahannock County during the past several years.

“Take John Lesinski’s remarks, Saturday at the county Democratic committee,” Frazier said. The former county board of supervisor member now running as a Democrat for the 5th Congressional District spoke to his former constituents and then answered questions afterwards.

“John talked about how he didn’t know 50 percent of the people who attended the 2A Sanctuary hearing at the high school and how they must have been shipped from outside the county for the meeting,” Frazier said. “I knew most of them and know they’ve stayed in the shadows previously but finally came out when this [2nd Amendment Sanctuary proposal] hit.”

Like Parrish, Frazier said that he really didn’t want a change of address but sees it as a possibility.

“Branches of my family have been in Virginia for a long, long time,” Frazier said. “Some came just before and after the War Between the States and another branch was here before Columbus discovered the Americas.”

The full text of the West Virginia resolution can be read here:

http://www.wvlegislature.gov/Bill_Statu ... illtype=cr
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Most interesting times,... indeed!

Great to see one of my most favorites, from my posted favorite list,... is being used in this conflict,... very nice!

"Patrick Henry-who stated to the Virginia Ratifying Convention in 1788 that “The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun.”"
Pale Rider

Post by Pale Rider »

A little good news in Virginia for a change? Looks like the AWB is off the table for now.

shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

I guess that massive Pro 2nd Amendment demonstration paid off, after all.