Feds won't register guns? No problem,...Facebook and Google are doing it right now,...using your photos!

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Feds won't register guns? No problem,...Facebook and Google are doing it right now,...using your photos!

Post by Suck My Glock »

If in the past you figured it was paranoid to blur or black out the serial # on that pic of your gun you posted,...this will change your mind.

Facebook and Google have been cooperating on recording ALL visable firearm serial numbers in pictures all over the web. When possible, each serial number is also linked/recorded to whomever seemingly is the originating poster of said picture. Essentially, Facebook/Google are creating the largest non-governmental firearm registry of YOUR guns. Which they of course intend to share with antifa, the Democrats,...whomever they feel like, really.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/201 ... l-numbers/

Suck My Glock

Re: Feds won't register guns? No problem,...Facebook and Google are doing it right now,...using your photos!

Post by Suck My Glock »

Ok,...I got ahead of myself and excitedly misinterpretted what was ACTUALLY said in the article I cited here.

Nowhere in the article does it say they are actually collating and linking serial numbers to posters of pictures.

My bad. I appologize for my poor attention to detail or critical reading. I'm normally better than that. My mind was racing ahead to what it COULD mean and not what it actually is at this moment.

But having admitted my alarmist over-reaction,...I think it is not off base to assume that such WILL BE ATTEMPTED. If they can,...they will.
Doc

Re: Feds won't register guns? No problem,...Facebook and Google are doing it right now,...using your photos!

Post by Doc »

Okay. So they were still sold or lost in a voting accident. What’s the problem?
vtachrn

Post by vtachrn »

Guess thats a reason I dont post any firearm pics on social media sites and do blur serial # when posting in a sale forum.

Guess just another reason to use a VPN and fake account names... Geez.
TacMedic

Post by TacMedic »

If we don’t know that EVERYTHING is already being tracked on up (that they can) we are not being realistic.

Tinfoil hat fully engaged.
ex462

Post by ex462 »

Just because we are paranoid does not mean that THEY are not after our firearms.
TacMedic

Post by TacMedic »

ex462 wrote: April 8th, 2020, 8:20 pm Just because we are paranoid does not mean that THEY are not after our firearms.
Oh, I agree they are after them. Just saying we have given away our freedoms for so many years it’s hard to get them back.
rockbronco

Post by rockbronco »

It’s amazing what people post on social media any more. It’s so common place no one thinks of the repercussions that could have down the road. I would never post a photo with visible serial numbers, hell I keep most gun stuff off social media anyway.
TacMedic

Post by TacMedic »

rockbronco wrote: April 8th, 2020, 10:42 pm It’s amazing what people post on social media any more. It’s so common place no one thinks of the repercussions that could have down the road. I would never post a photo with visible serial numbers, hell I keep most gun stuff off social media anyway.
Truth.

Also it’s sad that I lost all of my firearms in a freak boating accident where they all sunk to the bottom of the lake. 🤷🏼‍♂️
laserguy

Post by laserguy »

Never post anything on any social media that you do not want everyone everywhere to know about.

I dont know a single hiring manager that is doing interviews who doesnt check each applicants social media before an interview, its amazing how many people will post pics of themselves partying at the lake #calledinsick, #f***, etc
Harrier

Post by Harrier »

People often cite social media and think Facebook, twitter, Instagram etc... those are the first visuals that come to mind...

but this forum is also considered social media by TPTB, as is every other forum where people talk with each other. So when someone asks for a picture thread of your guns, they could be a shill collecting user names, MAC and IP addresses to put you in a general dB of owners. Don't think they can't ID you even if you use different names on every board. You ISP knows and keeps records... when, where, how often,etc.
They could care less what kind you have... when the authorities show up you can say you lost them in a boating accident but they are going to search your place anyway... they have the gear to see thru walls and lock/unlock some safes... and don't forget the paraphernalia... if you don't have any guns, then why do you have ammo, holsters, cleaning kit, targets etc?

face it, you've been made and no talk is gonna get your a** out of it... so whatta ya gonna do?
theflatline

Post by theflatline »

Harrier wrote: April 9th, 2020, 6:09 am People often cite social media and think Facebook, twitter, Instagram etc... those are the first visuals that come to mind...

but this forum is also considered social media by TPTB, as is every other forum where people talk with each other. So when someone asks for a picture thread of your guns, they could be a shill collecting user names, MAC and IP addresses to put you in a general dB of owners. Don't think they can't ID you even if you use different names on every board. You ISP knows and keeps records... when, where, how often,etc.
They could care less what kind you have... when the authorities show up you can say you lost them in a boating accident but they are going to search your place anyway... they have the gear to see thru walls and lock/unlock some safes... and don't forget the paraphernalia... if you don't have any guns, then why do you have ammo, holsters, cleaning kit, targets etc?

face it, you've been made and no talk is gonna get your a** out of it... so whatta ya gonna do?
My thoughts exactly. Also any credit card purchase, gun mag subscriptions etc all make you a person of interest to be heavily scrutinized.......
cool arrow

Post by cool arrow »

not me....I lost all my evil guns in a boating accident years ago...tracking that, big GOV???
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

I love when the detectives on First 48 and so on go directly to check on perps Facebook and etc. posts, pics of them holding weapons, stolen sh!t, dang I love stupid.
rockbronco

Post by rockbronco »

If we really wanna dig deep even a photo on your phone or computer could accessed even if your not posting them on the internet.