USCCA self-defense insurance "illegal"

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
smithers599
ArizonaShooting.org Member

USCCA self-defense insurance "illegal"

Post by smithers599 »

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... ton-state/
Concealed-carry group fined for illegally promising insurance coverage for shootings in Washington state
Oct. 21, 2019 at 12:20 pm
By Christine Clarridge
Seattle Times staff reporter
A Wisconsin-based company has been fined $100,000 and barred from selling insurance policies in Washington after it sold policies to gun owners promising to pay legal costs if they were involved in a shooting, according to the Washington state insurance commissioner.
United States Concealed Carry Association, Inc. (USCCA) bundled the insurance product with membership in its organization, according to a news statement released Monday by Insurance Commissioner Mike Kreidler. The plan was advertised as immediately paying criminal defense costs if a member was charged with a crime related to the intentional use of a firearm or other weapon.
The problem: It is illegal in Washington state to insure criminal activity. And there was no clear way for policyholders to pay the insurance company back for legal costs if they were convicted, said Kara Klotz, a spokesperson for the insurance commissioner’s office.

Crippledtrigger

Re: USCCA self-defense insurance "illegal"

Post by Crippledtrigger »

Murder insc. Lol.
They wont cover you if you do anything but self defense.
Phuck em. You can still buy it.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

I always thought that service was a scam anyways.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

I think what the state of Washington is saying is,...as long as there is a mechanism by which the insurer can recoup their expendatures on a litigant's case if they are charged criminally and lose,...then insuring a member is ok because in the end, a criminal conviction will not have been fought against by an insurance company's assets,...the convicted defendant will be the eventual individual payer of all legal services rendered on his behalf. Therefor, it will be able to be said accurately that members are only insured for LEGAL shooting of another person.
Flash

Post by Flash »

I imagine almost all "CCW Insurance" is much the same that way. I can't see them paying for the defense of guilty parties.
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

You know it's only a shooting if you call the police after it happens. Just saying.. well at least in Washington state. You know the old saying , if a tree in the forest falls and no one is around to here it does it still make noise?
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Dead men tell no tales