Dicks' Sporting Goods losses billions in sales and now crushes $5 mill more

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
Miker12
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Dicks' Sporting Goods losses billions in sales and now crushes $5 mill more

Post by Miker12 »

Dick’s Sporting Goods CEO Ed Stack told CBS News that his company destroyed $5 million worth of “assault-style rifles” to keep them out of private hands...On April 17, 2018, Breitbart News reported that Dick’s was destroying its “assault-style rifle” inventory, rather than returning the firearms to their manufacturers. Fox News quoted a spokesperson from Dick’s saying, “We are in the process of destroying all firearms and accessories that are no longer for sale as a result of our February 28th policy change. We are destroying the firearms in accordance with federal guidelines and regulations.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019 ... ff-street/

shooter444

Re: Dicks' Sporting Goods losses billions in sales and now crushes $5 mill more

Post by shooter444 »

Call me a skeptic, but, me thinks Dick's made more money destroying them for a write-off, than returning them for a limited refund from the manufacturers,...if they could.
Last edited by shooter444 on October 7th, 2019, 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Suck My Glock

Re: Dicks' Sporting Goods losses billions in sales and now crushes $5 mill more

Post by Suck My Glock »

Saw a fluff piece on Dick's CEO this morning on CBS, basically trying to diefy him as some sort of saint because he cared more about principle than profit, blah, blah, puke, puke. The propaganda support apparatus is in full swing to try keep him from sinking.