O’Rourke calls for mandatory buyback of AK-47, AR-15 rifles

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
AstonMiura
ArizonaShooting.org Member

O’Rourke calls for mandatory buyback of AK-47, AR-15 rifles

Post by AstonMiura »

https://kdvr.com/2019/09/05/orourke-cal ... -15-rifles

Democratic presidential hopeful Beto O’Rourke says a mandatory government buyback program for AK-47 and AR-15 rifles is needed because other gun control measures don’t do enough to remove weapons already on the streets.

O’Rourke spoke Thursday at Tufts University in his first campaign stop in Massachusetts. He said that while universal background checks and red flag laws that allow guns to be removed from those deemed a danger to themselves or others will save lives, neither will address the millions of assault-style weapons already in private hands.

Flash

Re: O’Rourke calls for mandatory buyback of AK-47, AR-15 rifles

Post by Flash »

He can come and get mine personally.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

I'd like to know how much he wants go buy them back for....I have some expensive AR's and AK's.

Estimates are all over the place....some articles say 5 million (laughably low), but the NSSF is quoted in one article as saying there are 15-20 million MSR's in America. So, lets go with the high estimate, 20 million guns. Now, lets say the average buyback will be $500 (I know that's a low value, but .gov is known to be stingy). If everyone turned their rifle in (yeah, right), that's a cool 10 BILLION dollars.

Edit; Billion, not trillion. (still a f*ck ton of money we don't have)

How does he expect to pay for that?
Last edited by QuietM4 on September 6th, 2019, 10:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
AstonMiura

Post by AstonMiura »

So, lets go with the high estimate, 20 million guns. Now, lets say the average buyback will be $500 (I know that's a low value, but .gov is known to be stingy). If everyone turned their rifle in (yeah, right), that's a cool 10 TRILLION dollars.

Try 10 billion :lol: sorry, I don't know how to quote
Last edited by AstonMiura on September 6th, 2019, 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
17-21-23
Banned
Banned

Post by 17-21-23 »

Well if you guys keep putting up pictures of all your guns they will know where to look first.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

QuietM4 wrote: September 6th, 2019, 10:19 am I'd like to know how much he wants go buy them back for....I have some expensive AR's and AK's.

Estimates are all over the place....some articles say 5 million (laughably low), but the NSSF is quoted in one article as saying there are 15-20 million MSR's in America. So, lets go with the high estimate, 20 million guns. Now, lets say the average buyback will be $500 (I know that's a low value, but .gov is known to be stingy). If everyone turned their rifle in (yeah, right), that's a cool 10 TRILLION dollars.

Easy. Just make it a tax deduction you can claim when you file.

What? You thought you were gonna get CASH?!
Flash

Post by Flash »

Personally, I'm not gonna get anything.
Pipedoc

Post by Pipedoc »

yeah, well that jackwad is at less than 2% in the polls for a reason. good luck collecting 15 million EBR's. Look at the Californicators, very few turned in them there and that's a bunch of libs. Ain't goona happen. Another assault weapons ban maybe, but outright confiscation aint happening.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

Let's not get sucked into arguing about the "fair" price for a gun. We're not talking about guns; we are talking about the right to have a gun. How much is the price for a right? What would be a fair price for a Christian to accept mandatory conversion to Judaism, or a Jew to accept mandatory conversion to Islam? (I mean, nobody needs to be a Christian, Jew or Muslim, right?) Suppose the government told everybody they no longer could vote, but as "fair" compensation, everybody would get some money -- how much would be "fair"? Liberal women believe they have the right to have abortions. OK, ask a liberal woman how much she would accept as fair payment in exchange for giving up that right.

Rights are "inalienable." "Inalienable" means "can't be transferred" -- not given away, not taken away, and not sold -- at any price.

There is no price the government could offer me that I would accept. My rights are not for sale.
Pale Rider

Post by Pale Rider »

And what is the price for Beto to give up his right to smoke a big bone whenever he wants? Nobody "needs" to have as much baloney in his mouth and as often as he probably does. Nobody "needs" those assault style 10 inchers in their mouth daily.
Pipedoc

Post by Pipedoc »

smithers599 wrote: September 6th, 2019, 12:50 pm Let's not get sucked into arguing about the "fair" price for a gun. We're not talking about guns; we are talking about the right to have a gun. How much is the price for a right? What would be a fair price for a Christian to accept mandatory conversion to Judaism, or a Jew to accept mandatory conversion to Islam? (I mean, nobody needs to be a Christian, Jew or Muslim, right?) Suppose the government told everybody they no longer could vote, but as "fair" compensation, everybody would get some money -- how much would be "fair"? Liberal women believe they have the right to have abortions. OK, ask a liberal woman how much she would accept as fair payment in exchange for giving up that right.

Rights are "inalienable." "Inalienable" means "can't be transferred" -- not given away, not taken away, and not sold -- at any price.

There is no price the government could offer me that I would accept. My rights are not for sale.
very well said!
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

17-21-23 wrote: September 6th, 2019, 10:29 am Well if you guys keep putting up pictures of all your guns they will know where to look first.
Says the guy that brags on a public (and monitored) forum about buying uppers and lowers a dozen or more at a time...
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

The One World Deep State is in a panic,... a second term by Pres Trump is almost a given,...and what he could do to the One World Deep State Agenda in his next term, could decimate their plans for decades. They have to have their paid for Demoscat minions go all out on their WORLD WIDE GUN CONFISCATION AGENDA,... NOW!!!

IMO,... the more panic expressed by the Demonscat Deep State Coup Traitors,... the closer I feel we are getting to a tyrannical anti Constitution assault.
Flash

Post by Flash »

Bring it.
87jeep

Post by 87jeep »

+1