Walmart to stop selling short-barrel rifle ammunition

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
Flash
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Walmart to stop selling short-barrel rifle ammunition

Post by Flash »

Joe_Blacke wrote: September 4th, 2019, 11:27 am Kroger, was the parent company of Frys, just announced that carrying guns in their stores (other than LE) is prohibited. Plus they just called for full comprehensive gun reform in addition to background checks.
Got a link to that you can post? I'd like to read it.

Joe_Blacke

Post by Joe_Blacke »

Joe_Blacke

Post by Joe_Blacke »

AZ1 wrote: September 4th, 2019, 11:36 am
Joe_Blacke wrote: September 4th, 2019, 11:27 am
smithers599 wrote: September 3rd, 2019, 3:25 pm I was just at Walmart. Short but steady line of people stopping by to pick up a few boxes -- 200 rounds of 5.56, that sort of thing. No big run yet.
No blowout prices, either. Prices higher than what most of us pay buying case lots.

I shop at Fry's/Safeway. Only time I ever went to Walmart was when I wanted to check out the ammo counter. Now I no longer have that reason, so they will lose those occasional grocery sales.
Kroger, was the parent company of Frys, just announced that carrying guns in their stores (other than LE) is prohibited. Plus they just called for full comprehensive gun reform in addition to background checks.
No, Kroger doesn't want open carry.

"Kroger is respectfully asking that customers no longer openly carry firearms into our stores, other than authorized law enforcement officers," Jessica Adelman, group vice president of corporate affairs, said in an emailed statement. "We are also joining those encouraging our elected leaders to pass laws that will strengthen background checks and remove weapons from those who have been found to pose a risk for violence."
Depends on what article you read. From the link above.

Both Walmart and Kroger, which exited the firearms and ammunition business last year when its Fred Meyer unit stopped such sales, said they are now asking customers not to bring guns into their stores, even when allowed by local laws.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

I won't stop shopping at Fry's....it's close to my house. I will also continue to carry a firearm, concealed. I also routinely park in their "Expected Mothers Only" designated parking spaces whenever I shop there because they are right next to the handicap spaces, and no one ever parks there. No f*cks will be given.
Flash

Post by Flash »

Thanks Joe_Blacke
AZ1

Post by AZ1 »

Joe_Blacke wrote: September 4th, 2019, 12:06 pm Depends on what article you read. From the link above.

Both Walmart and Kroger, which exited the firearms and ammunition business last year when its Fred Meyer unit stopped such sales, said they are now asking customers not to bring guns into their stores, even when allowed by local laws.
According to all the articles with actual quotes from Kroger it states open carry.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Just open carried in Safeway,.... not a first look, let alone a second look.

These CEO/Owner dictates are either by One World believers, or, pawns being manipulated by big politics MONEY and INFLUENCE. Either way,... I don't believe it will turn out well for them.

Just my opinion.
Joe_Blacke

Post by Joe_Blacke »

AZ1 wrote: September 4th, 2019, 1:56 pm
Joe_Blacke wrote: September 4th, 2019, 12:06 pm Depends on what article you read. From the link above.

According to all the articles with actual quotes from Kroger it states open carry.
Do you really think they see a distinction? They admit to calling for more gun control beyond just carrying inside the stores.

I’m not interested in trying to rationalize their decision to justify why I should still shop there. My family loves the new frys marketplace. However, I love my rights more. I won’t have my own money used to lobby against my rights.
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

If you own a Thompson Contender just about everything on the ammo shelves is a handgun round.
gunpoorboy1

Post by gunpoorboy1 »

I shoot a ton of .22LR from both my pistols and rifles.
I wonder how they will handle .22LR?
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

gunpoorboy1 wrote: September 4th, 2019, 5:40 pm I shoot a ton of .22LR from both my pistols and rifles.
I wonder how they will handle .22LR?
Dunno but just in case, I picked up another 2000 rounds today, needed it anyhow. Lots of ammo still in stock.
AZ1

Post by AZ1 »

Joe_Blacke wrote: September 4th, 2019, 2:59 pm Do you really think they see a distinction?
Yes I do. Why would they say "open carry"? Do you think they don't know what concealed carry is? Why wouldn't they just say don't carry firearms in our stores? I think it's because these guys trying to push the limits or get attention by carrying rifles or wearing chest rigs/vests/body armor. They've cleared out stores because of it. People see that and leave. The store loses sales and possibly customers. I wouldn't be surprised if the anti-gun groups are behind some of these rifle open carry knowing it's going to cause issues and eventually the stores are going to ban it.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Unfortunately, when it comes to subsonic .22lr, Walmart beats out Cabelas,...so I'm gonna be compelled to go get a bunch before that resource goes away.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

I have no illusions that losing my business will have any effect on them, but just on principle, I ain't going there.
Pale Rider

Post by Pale Rider »

CEO douche boy McMillon said that "we know these decisions will inconvenience some of our customers, and we hope they will understand". This penishead thinks he can have his cake and eat it too. The big marketing ploy by Wal-Mart has always been "one stop shopping". If you're going on vacation, (hunting, fishing, camping, etc), come to Wal-Mart and get everything you need, including food; one stop. If every gun owner says F**k them and have to make more than one stop and none of them Wal-Mart, I'd say it's going to hurt them. The only peaceable thing we have to fight back with is our wallets, so send the douche globalist scum a message.