Walmart to stop selling short-barrel rifle ammunition

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
xerts1191
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Walmart to stop selling short-barrel rifle ammunition

Post by xerts1191 »

Screw em!

AZGlock21

Post by AZGlock21 »

Pretty sure not selling ammo won't hurt Walmart one bit.
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

baja wrote: September 3rd, 2019, 1:40 pm Well hopefully everyone, if they're not already, will treat Walmart like dick's. Let'em feel it right in the wallet.
Walmart is the biggest retailer in the world with stores all over the globe. Ammo is just a tiny fraction of sales and iirc only sold in the US and Canada.

They will NOT feel anything in the wallet from this.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

AZGlock21 wrote: September 3rd, 2019, 4:44 pm Pretty sure not selling ammo won't hurt Walmart one bit.
Hmmm, well then, if ammo buyers don't buy any other products, stop their family members from buying groceries/cloths/etc., and convince friend to do the same,... would that hurt Wally, a bit or two?
AZGlock21

Post by AZGlock21 »

shooter444 wrote: September 3rd, 2019, 5:50 pm
AZGlock21 wrote: September 3rd, 2019, 4:44 pm Pretty sure not selling ammo won't hurt Walmart one bit.
Hmmm, well then, if ammo buyers don't buy any other products, stop their family members from buying groceries/cloths/etc., and convince friend to do the same,... would that hurt Wally, a bit or two?
Sorry, but Walmart wont even notice. Dicks is a grain of sand next to Walmart.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Well, bigger fish than Wally's has bit the dust in the past,... I'll wait to see what comes of this.
AZ1

Post by AZ1 »

Kroger (Fry's grocery) is making almost the same statement; no open carry, calling for the government to strengthen background checks.

Walmart and Fry's have the best grocery prices. Who is the next cheapest? How is their gun policy / political stance?
doubletapp

Post by doubletapp »

myself & the wife have moved all scripts.
PK90

Post by PK90 »

shooter444 wrote: September 3rd, 2019, 1:36 pm Hmmm,... sounds like a greater market share for Wally's, Patriot competitors,.... I'm sure they will enjoy the increased sales/profits. :clap:
I'm trying to get my wife to wear a blue vest and greet new customers at the door.
Twobadazbrothers

Post by Twobadazbrothers »

shooter444 wrote: September 3rd, 2019, 7:12 pm Well, bigger fish than Wally's has bit the dust in the past,... I'll wait to see what comes of this.
Well we saw what happened to Kmart, Sears and Montgomery Wards and they controlled the market in the 70s,80s and most of the 90s
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

No business is to big, to, not be affected by the majority population of consumers,... not one!
pvreb

Post by pvreb »

Pale Rider wrote: September 3rd, 2019, 2:18 pm
baja wrote: September 3rd, 2019, 1:40 pm Well hopefully everyone, if they're not already, will treat Walmart like dick's. Let'em feel it right in the wallet.
...stop buying ANY guns, ammo, ...
I quit buying ammo from them when they started asking for ID with the purchase. It is easy to find lower prices than their's, anyway.
Joe_Blacke

Post by Joe_Blacke »

smithers599 wrote: September 3rd, 2019, 3:25 pm I was just at Walmart. Short but steady line of people stopping by to pick up a few boxes -- 200 rounds of 5.56, that sort of thing. No big run yet.
No blowout prices, either. Prices higher than what most of us pay buying case lots.

I shop at Fry's/Safeway. Only time I ever went to Walmart was when I wanted to check out the ammo counter. Now I no longer have that reason, so they will lose those occasional grocery sales.
Kroger, was the parent company of Frys, just announced that carrying guns in their stores (other than LE) is prohibited. Plus they just called for full comprehensive gun reform in addition to background checks.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

Doug.McMillon@wal-mart.com
Dear Mr. McMillon,
I am writing about your announced decision to discontinue sales of handgun ammunition and certain types of rifle ammunition in Wal-Mart stores. I have a few questions:
Alcohol kills far, far more people every year than firearms. Will you discontinue alcohol sales? If not, why not?
Far, far more people are killed in automobile accidents than by means of firearms each year. You sell auto parts and accessories, including tires , service and ammunition (gasoline). Will you stop selling these? If not, why not?
Far, far more people die each year from diabetes and heart disease than through mis-use of firearms. Will you take the candy bars and other junk food from your check-out aisle displays? If not, why not?
I believe you will find the “deplorables” in heartland America to be your core customer base. You have caved to a small, strident, loud mouthed minority of Leftists, while ignoring the needs of your customer base. Much of your handgun ammunition sales can be attributed to people who take training or shoot in competition, who have been able to stop at the local Wal-Mart for ammo when they reach the destination for their class or match. I hope you will reconsider this decision.
Tom Givens
AZ1

Post by AZ1 »

Joe_Blacke wrote: September 4th, 2019, 11:27 am
smithers599 wrote: September 3rd, 2019, 3:25 pm I was just at Walmart. Short but steady line of people stopping by to pick up a few boxes -- 200 rounds of 5.56, that sort of thing. No big run yet.
No blowout prices, either. Prices higher than what most of us pay buying case lots.

I shop at Fry's/Safeway. Only time I ever went to Walmart was when I wanted to check out the ammo counter. Now I no longer have that reason, so they will lose those occasional grocery sales.
Kroger, was the parent company of Frys, just announced that carrying guns in their stores (other than LE) is prohibited. Plus they just called for full comprehensive gun reform in addition to background checks.
No, Kroger doesn't want open carry.

"Kroger is respectfully asking that customers no longer openly carry firearms into our stores, other than authorized law enforcement officers," Jessica Adelman, group vice president of corporate affairs, said in an emailed statement. "We are also joining those encouraging our elected leaders to pass laws that will strengthen background checks and remove weapons from those who have been found to pose a risk for violence."