The Mormon plan for active shooters

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
Boriqua
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: The Mormon plan for active shooters

Post by Boriqua »

Unless a Mormon wore a scarlet "M" I wouldn't know one. I don't generally ask people their religious fidelity. Really never even heard of them until I moved out here.

So no Mormon Bashing from me.

I agree with whoever it was that posted this is about Insurance. Having said that ..This resonates with me

“Churches are dedicated for the worship of God and as havens from the cares and concerns of the world,”

In a perfect world it would be the one place you go for a couple/few hours a week to celebrate your Prophet, god, whoever and not think about hate and who is in office and who shouldn't be, that guy you hate at work and more importantly about what sick fukers are doing with guns and the fact that you have to be ever vigilant because someone wants to become internet famous.

Unfortunately by banning guns publicly you have made yourself a target so the only answer would be armed security out front with metal detectors, possibly pat downs and a very clear schedule for services that doesn't waiver. Doors will be locked at 10am and if you aren't inside you are out of luck.

Then behind locked doors safely penned you can commune with people of your ilk without the cares and concerns of the outside world.

Only problem is .. its hard to forget the outside world or to enjoy your service after having been frisked, made to take off your jewelry and belt and if your 10 minutes late you don't get to go in.

I do like the sentiment ... Unfortunately, and its a bummer sometimes ideas have to change with the times.

smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

Then behind locked doors safely penned you can commune with people of your ilk without the cares and concerns of the outside world.
Unless the "security guard" goes off his meds and starts killing people. (How many heads of state have been killed by their own bodyguards?)

And unless the jihadists/white supremacists/whoever shoot the guard outside the door, kick in the door, and come inside to interrupt your bliss.

And unless the jihadists/white supremacists/whoever throw a couple of Molotov cocktails through the windows while everybody is "safely penned" inside.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

smithers599 wrote: August 28th, 2019, 8:33 am
Unless the "security guard" goes off his meds and starts killing people. (How many heads of state have been killed by their own bodyguards?)

And unless the jihadists/white supremacists/whoever shoot the guard outside the door, kick in the door, and come inside to interrupt your bliss.

And unless the jihadists/white supremacists/whoever throw a couple of Molotov cocktails through the windows while everybody is "safely penned" inside.
Ture dat .. there are always going to be exceptions to every scenario. I think the pentagon is still trying to work out all the best case scenarios in the event of a nuclear war and they been at it a while.

Make no mistake .. I am not advocating the penned approach. Personally I wouldn't go if I had to be trapped.

Quite the opposite ... but even in the scenario's you presented .. Bob with his pocket carry isn't going to stop it either.

It will just make Bob feel better touching it through his Sunday slacks and thinking that when the raving Jihadis .. or the more likely scenario, a crazy millennial bent on youtube fame comes in with guns a blazing he will hold them off with 7 rds from the gun he has trouble getting out of those same slacks. All the while he should be focused on communing with whatever or whoever he is there to commune with.

I prefer my houses of worship and religious fundamentals to include provisions for self protection and protection of the group. I would NEVER advocate a no guns policy but .. in the new world order perhaps a more organized Posse made up of armed church members who agree to monitor the doors.

If Bob wants to jump in with his pocket carry .. have at it but No guns isnt an option and my somewhat tongue in check "penned" solution is not a viable option.

Still I hold fast ... The ideal of a place of worship whether you worship dung beetles or hippies in sky being a place that for a very short period of time, you can turn off and commit to one thing at that singular moment .. well .. its appealing.

I have been to several different denominations, houses of worship in NYC. Wish I could say I was looking for enlightenment but it was always some girl I wanted to have carnal knowledge of that invited me and my quest would have me standing at the doors of some type of church to prove my piety. My penis is pretty open minded about religious beliefs, cultural differences and skin color.

Some of them in the rougher parts of NYC had some rough looking dudes at the door. Sharply dressed, looking good but .. 6'+ and a scowl that pretty much said everything you needed to know about how to behave. Me .. I like when people take care of their own.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

Quite the opposite ... but even in the scenario's you presented .. Bob with his pocket carry isn't going to stop it either.
Not true. We have many, many examples of "active shooters" either running away, giving up, or shooting themselves at the first sign of resistance. There are even a fair number of instances where a "Bob" has actually hit and neutralized the Active Shooter Suspect (A.S.S.)

But I'm not thinking about Bob. I'm thinking about me. I actually practice a lot, and carry always. (In my Boriqua holster. :D ) Carrying a gun does not distract you from what you are doing; you are not thinking about it all the time. In my car, I have a spare tire, a trauma kit, and a fire extinguisher. I can pay attention to my driving without thinking about a flat tire, a compound fracture, or a fire. The fact that my emergency equipment is nearby allows me to focus on my driving, without having to obsess about those things.

Lifewise in a church; if I were unarmed, I would not be able to concentrate on the proceedings because I would be worried about being defenseless. A pistol on my belt gives me a sense of security, and it's not a false sense of security.

If you want to free your mind up to worship God, then carry your pistol. God helps those who help themselves. If you disarm yourself, She won't rescue you; She'll say "You made your choice, now deal with it."
Crippledtrigger

Post by Crippledtrigger »

I know many here feel the same as I do. We've discussed this many times over what, 15 years at least. Concealed is concealed. Do not abdicate your responsibility to protect yourself and loved ones to a gun free zone policy or sign.

I would bet money an attack on a mormon church would show that many there feel the same.

I never leave the house or break a law but if I were to do so only a metal detector would stop me from entering a gun free place armed. Since I set those of anyways and when I say I have metal in my back and show the card and only have had TSA actually pat me down, poorly I might add, even metal detectors are 50 50. Like stadiums.

Your safety is your responsibility. Somehow I dont worry about the mormons. Safety wise. Doctrine wise...well we cant discuss that here

Just kidding.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

I thought that’s what the Mormon religion is all about, promoting Jesus with a six gun!
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

0853A0E2-1757-4EED-BFFA-A41F8A09A471.jpeg
I thought that’s what the Mormon religion is all about, promoting Jesus with a six gun!
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

xerts1191 wrote: August 28th, 2019, 6:18 pm I thought that’s what the Mormon religion is all about, promoting Jesus with a six gun!

Naaahhh,... they had six guns for those who tried to stop them from promoting Jesus,... :dance:
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Oh, that’s what it was!
Flash

Post by Flash »

Boriqua wrote: August 28th, 2019, 8:00 am Unless a Mormon wore a scarlet "M" I wouldn't know one. I don't generally ask people their religious fidelity. Really never even heard of them until I moved out here.
It's pretty easy to spot them. They're the ones who are well dressed, well groomed, not wearing pajamas in public, their children are well behaved and hold the door for other people.

Their houses are well kept up as are their yards and cars and no bizarre flags or decals on their vehicles.

And best of all...............

they don't drink your beer.
RandyTF

Post by RandyTF »

Flash wrote: August 29th, 2019, 5:32 am
Boriqua wrote: August 28th, 2019, 8:00 am Unless a Mormon wore a scarlet "M" I wouldn't know one. I don't generally ask people their religious fidelity. Really never even heard of them until I moved out here.
It's pretty easy to spot them. They're the ones who are well dressed, well groomed, not wearing pajamas in public, their children are well behaved and hold the door for other people.

Their houses are well kept up as are their yards and cars and no bizarre flags or decals on their vehicles.

And best of all...............

they don't drink your beer.

A guy I use to work with lived in Idaho and Mormons in his area were the majority. He said they don't drink or smoke as a policy. But, he said, take one on a camping trip without his buddies and he would drink all your beer and smoke all your cigarettes.

Now I've gone and done it. Mormon bashing.....
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Mormons aren't perfect,... no more than members of any other religion,... but, the mass majority of them that I personally new, try harder, than any others. And, most important of all, they inspired me to try harder!
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

All joking aside, serious question: Do the "followers" have any influence over the policies established by the "leaders"? Is there a process for the members of the church to petition the leadership and ask them to change the policy? Or is it all top down?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

smithers599 wrote: August 29th, 2019, 6:58 am All joking aside, serious question: Do the "followers" have any influence over the policies established by the "leaders"? Is there a process for the members of the church to petition the leadership and ask them to change the policy? Or is it all top down?
Influence policies put in plac by lawyers? Likely no more so than you're able to have influence over any other large organization's policies. Your insurance providers? Your employer (assuming a LARGE company)? Etc...
AZGlock21

Post by AZGlock21 »

So admin, what is it that makes you seem so uniquely qualified to discuss the workings, insurance, level of testimony, ect of the Mormon church and its members? Member? Was a member? Leader? Just has friends that are members? You seem to have all the answers.