The Mormon plan for active shooters

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
smithers599
ArizonaShooting.org Member

The Mormon plan for active shooters

Post by smithers599 »

https://apnews.com/208008b0a3324f70996a2081c3927757
“Churches are dedicated for the worship of God and as havens from the cares and concerns of the world,” the revised policy says. “With the exception of current law enforcement officers, the carrying of lethal weapons on church property, concealed or otherwise, is prohibited.”
Okay, then; here's the plan: If a psycho starts murdering people, everybody dedicate yourself to the worship of God, and don’t go thinking about the cares and concerns of the world. Ignore him and he’ll go away.

DrEarlCordova

Re: The Mormon plan for active shooters

Post by DrEarlCordova »

Almost all the Mormons I know are anti gun.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

So, basically their plan is "Thoughts and Prayers". Maybe if they get enough "likes" it will work.

It must be nice to be so blissfully unaware of how the world works...
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

Prayer force field. Works every time.
superdrag67

Post by superdrag67 »

DrEarlCordova wrote: August 26th, 2019, 6:01 pm Almost all the Mormons I know are anti gun.
Do you know like two random mormons or something?

I'm going to guess I know a s*** ton more mormons than you and i honestly can't think of one that I've ever met that was openly anti-gun. The anti-gunners obviously exist but it's far from the norm. I've been shooting with dozens of different mormons including going to annual yearly shoots out in the desert with multiple wards where the activity is organized by the elders quorum leadership.

I will agree that the policy is retarded but not remotely surprising.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Never miss an opportunity to bash Mormons, right? :teasing-poke:

I think it would be rare for you to find an organization as large as that, that isn't a "gun organization" that openly invites people to carry weapons there. I guarantee you that policy is there and "clarified" due to potential liability concerns, which no organization is immune to.

That said, do you see them installing metal detectors or checking bags at the entrances? 'nuff said.
Solar_Empire

Post by Solar_Empire »

DrEarlCordova wrote: August 26th, 2019, 6:01 pm Almost all the Mormons I know are anti gun.
Mormons aren't anti-gun, they're just anti anyone who isn't mormon owning guns.
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

I know lots of Mormans and not one of them is anti gun.
As a matter of fact they probably know more about processing game and how to keep it than most hunters I know.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

Rob Leatham
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

The majority of my friends in HS were Mormon...at least one gun in every house. Mormons are very big on preparedness...food, water, gun(s), ammo.
TacMedic

Post by TacMedic »

admin wrote: August 26th, 2019, 6:57 pm Never miss an opportunity to bash Mormons, right? :teasing-poke:

I think it would be rare for you to find an organization as large as that, that isn't a "gun organization" that openly invites people to carry weapons there. I guarantee you that policy is there and "clarified" due to potential liability concerns, which no organization is immune to.

That said, do you see them installing metal detectors or checking bags at the entrances? 'nuff said.
This....

Ya, majority are actually pro 2nd amendment (depends on the area of the country and politics of that area of course...AZ is mostly pro) and although it’s listed in “policy” there is no enforcement of that policy. Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints are more ready then people think or realize in many respects.......

However I’m just an internet person that no one knows, so I could be just a keyboard commando.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

Question for the "leaders": If a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints violates that policy, and interrupts an active shooter, and shoots the SOB dead right there in the church, will that person be excoriated and excommunicated?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

smithers599 wrote: August 26th, 2019, 8:34 pm Question for the "leaders": If a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints violates that policy, and interrupts an active shooter, and shoots the SOB dead right there in the church, will that person be excoriated and excommunicated?
Absolutely not. You don't get "excommunicated" for violating a church policy. Excommunication is for egregious sins where the person is unrepentant. This policy is on the same level (quite literally) of "no open flames allowed inside the church". That's the policy that is the very next one after this one about weapons. ie, that gives you some perspective about the importance of it.
landon

Post by landon »

I'm 41 years old raised in the religion and was a active Mormon until 2 years ago. I will occasionally attend for a family thing at the church, but don't have the conviction I once did. The Church did teach me to always be prepared as best as possible. Food rations, water and of course 2nd amendment items. All of my family and extended family are Mormon and are all very well familllar with Guns. My friends in the church are also. It frustrates me that the Church has made this vocal decision. Gun Free Zones are bad! Especially now days.

Landon
Twobadazbrothers

Post by Twobadazbrothers »

All my neighbor's are Mormon and they are all gun loving people most of them are hardcore hunters