The Mormon plan for active shooters

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Mormon plan for active shooters

Post by admin »

You guys are all trying to make something out of nothing. This is not mormon doctrine. This is a policy that they clarified to remove the ambiguity for liability purposes. No different than not allowing open flames inside the church buildings. My guess is that 95% of mormons don't even know ANY of the policies in that handbook where this is published, whether they be about firearms, open flames or how the cleaning supplies should be stored in a church building. But don't let that stop a good Mormon-bashing thread, right?

Crippledtrigger
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Post by Crippledtrigger »

If I were to randomly pick a group to phuck with it wouldnt be mormans.

Someone needs to do homework.

I know some pussified mormons and I know quite a few racist piece of s*** mormons here in the DFW area but I dont know any antigun mormons, well except for pols.

I suggest the decisions made by the leadership and legal bean counters of any org not be accepted as being the same opinion as the rank and file or even enforced. Infact in this case I would seriously consider it bait.

Just sayin

ETA their "PLAN" sounds about like every "plan" put forth by a legal department in every group in the country. CYA language.

I've bought 2 houses from mormons and both were un cul-de-sacs where every home was bought new by a family of a local church. Became good friends with them all and seeing all the stuff and alterations made to mine and theirs, anti gun is not the first thing that comes to mind.

I say this not because I'm ignorant enough to think it translates to everyone everywherr but to suggest that we, especially pro gun types, not act like this over snippets of news and scream gotcha like pod people pointing and squealing "I knew you were anti American POS!"

Besides if you are not a mormon or going to a mormon church it's not your buisness, IMHO. I suspect others, who's buisness it is, are screaming quite loudly at the public announcement.
RandyTF

Post by RandyTF »

admin wrote: August 26th, 2019, 9:46 pm You guys are all trying to make something out of nothing. This is not mormon doctrine. This is a policy that they clarified to remove the ambiguity for liability purposes. No different than not allowing open flames inside the church buildings. My guess is that 95% of mormons don't even know ANY of the policies in that handbook where this is published, whether they be about firearms, open flames or how the cleaning supplies should be stored in a church building. But don't let that stop a good Mormon-bashing thread, right?

I am not getting the impression that this is a "Mormon bashing thread". Why get your hackles up?
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

big deal about nada, mormon is, mormon does, what does it matter to a non mormon, just wondering why its gotta be a big deal, i get the no gun thingy, but its not just a mormon thing ..........is it. ?
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

Better Mormon than Muslim.
h8pvmnt

Post by h8pvmnt »

I disagree with any organization publishing a policy like this. I disagree that Latter Day Saints are anti gun. I grew up LDS(Not Active Anymore) and all of the LDS members i know are pro 2a. The idea is similar to no gun signs anywhere i go. Just ignore it because i'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6. But when i saw this i was actually shocked and i don't buy the liability thing. This was a mistake by the leaders up in Salt Lake in my opinion. The large portion of the membership will follow this blindly but there will be dissenters. Truth is this was a fix for a problem that did not exist. Typical over reaction to one bad incident that happened in Nevada with a crazy. Guess what he was still gonna have a gun regardless of the rule. Just another reason to shy away from any soft targets when you can.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

For quite some time in my early life, I studied and joined many religions. I was a Later Day Saint for a little over six and a half years, both in Santa Fe, NM and Frisco, Co.

Of all the religions I studied and joined, the Mormons are BY FAR the most pro 2nd Amendment and the most, ultimate, disaster prepared, of any !!!

Anyone making a comment to the contrary of this fact, doesn't know of what they speak. More than likely, they are just regurgitating the programmed religious bias of their family, or friends,... or, worse yet,... just parroting what they read on the internet.

Very refreshing to see that the majority of posts are by members who know of what they speak.
h8pvmnt

Post by h8pvmnt »

Doc Holliday wrote: August 27th, 2019, 6:25 am Better Mormon than Muslim.
Amen to that Brother!!
Basher

Post by Basher »

Yeah, “Mormon” here. Anti-2A members of the LDS faith are probably the exception rather than the rule.

There’s a core group of guys I’m involved with, a few of which are members here or were members of the old site. All of us are pretty pissed about this new policy, and are discussing how to handle it.

But yeah, if you think most Mormons are anti-, you’ve either somehow met a pretty small subgroup of our membership, or they’ve got amazing opsec and have you fooled hardcore.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

I agree that most Mormons are pro-2A. The significance of the story, IMO, is that the "leaders" are out of touch with the people they are supposed to be leading. Look behind you, guys -- ain't nobody following!

I went to Nyle Leatham's funeral, and as I looked around the room, I thought it might be the most well-armed gathering in the world at that moment.
Flash

Post by Flash »

My maternal grandfather was a Stake President and I was raised in the Mormon church until I was 11. Never baptized, but I've been around it a lot.

No, the majority aren't anti gun at all. Pretty much the opposite. I will say that they take care of their own better than any other religion I've ever known.

When my Father died, the ladies' auxiliary came around every day with enough food to feed everyone there, around a dozen people. He was an atheist and they knew it. When my mother died, the ladies came around again even though no one was left in the house who was Mormon and they knew that too, but it didn't stop them from feeding the heathens that were left.

Good people.
storage_man

Post by storage_man »

Well I really have only known 1 or 2 real devout Mormons. Both were great people. But I do remember one of them was my boss at my first job here in Arizona, I invited him and a bunch of other co-workers over to the house to watch MNF (Beer & Pizza were to be served). I was concerned, but another guy that also worked for him said "No Problem".

He did his share in making sure my Refrigerator was bare at the end of the game !
AZGlock21

Post by AZGlock21 »

Very active "Mormon" here. And I am not happy about this to say the least. I carry at church and always have. Many people know I do. Often I get asked, "So what are you carrying this week"?There are two choices, ignore the policy and carry and go to church. Or stop going. To be decided....
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

There is no way an active Mormon who has a firm testimony would stop going to church because of a minor legal policy change that has absolutely nothing to do with LDS doctrine. Just sayin'...
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

One of the greatest lessons I learned from the LDS Church is that our greatest gift/right, endowed upon us by our creator, is FREE CHOICE!

I am sure the brothers and sisters will work this conflict out, in due time.