Coward of Broward arrested

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
smithers599
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Coward of Broward arrested

Post by smithers599 »

https://www.local10.com/news/parkland-s ... n-arrested
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - Disgraced former Broward Sheriff's Office Deputy Scot Peterson has been arrested for his failure to act during the Parkland school shooting that left 17 people dead and 17 others wounded, authorities announced Tuesday.

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement said Peterson, 56, is charged with seven counts of child neglect, three counts of culpable negligence and one count of perjury.
Satisfying, but surely the prosecutors know the case will be dismissed. Cowardice is not a crime.

shooter444

Re: Coward of Broward arrested

Post by shooter444 »

Failure to execute one's contracted duties, can result in a CIVIL case,... after the dog and pony show posted above.

I just think it is GREAT that the public and lawful mind set from these shootings, seem to be evolving.
Crippledtrigger

Post by Crippledtrigger »

Too bad it's a waste of time and money unless the SCOTUS overturns case law saying police have no duty or requierment to help you or responsibility for not doing so.
A former sheriff’s deputy was arrested Tuesday in connection with the 2018 mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla., the latest in a series of actions to hold police accountable for their response to an attack that left 17 people dead.

Scot Peterson, a former Broward County sheriff’s deputy who was the security officer assigned to the high school, faces 11 charges of neglect of a child, culpable negligence and perjury as a result of an investigation by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, the authorities said. He was taken into custody and will be booked into the Broward County jail on a $102,000 bond.
Super Trucker

Post by Super Trucker »

It would be nice to see him stripped of his pension and then be allowed to be sued by the families of the dead kids, that would be a good start.
Shootist

Post by Shootist »

Super Trucker wrote: June 4th, 2019, 7:13 pm It would be nice to see him stripped of his pension and then be allowed to be sued by the families of the dead kids, that would be a good start.
His pension should be divided up among the victim's families.
Tim McBride
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Tim McBride »

He was charged with Child Neglect, which is interesting. As this is a criminal, not civil trial, a lot of the stuff people think will apply, will not. This is not a duty to protect case, or a qualified immunity issue. The state of Florida is taking a v.ery interesting angle with this. I see this case getting appealed all the way to SCOTUS, and we may finally settle some issues
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

I normally have no respect for the prosecutors who fail to hold guys like this to task. I find this encouraging.