McGinnis Sentenced to 8 Years for 3D printed SBR

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
A_C Guy
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: McGinnis Sentenced to 8 Years for 3D printed SBR

Post by A_C Guy »

XJThrottle wrote: February 16th, 2019, 1:42 pm This doesn't really have anything to do with the lower being printed. He wasn't allowed to posses firearms,
The officers that heard him target shooting didn't know was a prohibited possessor. The 3D printed lower is what caused them to dig deeper. Had he been shooting a standard metal lower with serial number, they most likely would have left him alone.

XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

I would bet that 95% of LEO wouldn't know where to find a serial number on the majority of POPULAR firearms. If the LOEs knew the law they are paid to enforce, they wouldn't have been harassing him about a printed lower. I also don't believe the "heard him shooting in the woods" claim either. Unless he was shooting somewhere that wasn't allowed, someone snitch on him.

The AR I shoot most is built on a 80% lower. If I were out shooting in the dez and some Barney Fife yocal wanted to do more than run my ID, he'd be made vary aware where his athoritah met my rights.
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

I've read all the comments about how dumb this guy is, technical points of law and so on.

So I'm wondering what part of "Shall not be infringed" we're all having a problem with
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

There is more to this than a printed lower.
He was going through a domestic violence charge and was found with a supposed hit list.
Obviously the guy wasn't very stable mentally.

Officers inspected McGinnis' backpack and discovered a hit list titled "9/11/2001 list of American Terrorists" that included the names of both Democratic and Republican federal lawmakers.
Crippledtrigger

Post by Crippledtrigger »

They dont catch the smart ones.