Quickie 45acp pistol Silencer question,... load update

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
shooter444
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Quickie 45acp pistol Silencer question

Post by shooter444 »

Hmmm,.... XJThrottle, would that be more than two weeks? :confusion-questionmarks:

XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

The top four are all form 4s. The bottom one was done during the shut down. I will probably see it this week.

That was just an example of me being aware of the cost (time and money) of a silencer game.

I'll get my tubes engraved for two Form 1s this week. Should have them all done and ready to shoot by this time next month. Well ahead of the others.

I'm just giving you examples of how NOT to wait a year. Do what you like...
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Thanks,.... but, no one mentioned anything about a year wait.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Well, if anyone is interested, I have decided to load for function.

By that I mean, I ordered some 45-Super brass, and will (hopefully) pick up a pound (for experimenting) of Ramshot Enforcer powder. Enforcer is my powder of choice because it can get the speed I want with a 230 grain bullet (close to 1,000 FPS), with pressure (19,000 PSI) which is a couple thousand PSI below normal 45 acp pressures ( 21,000 PSI), ... if memory serves me. :D

Thanks to all, for all the input! I'll resurrect this post with an update, when I finish loading.
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

At this point what are you trying to accomplish? Based on what you posted it seems all you now have is a longer, heavier pistol shooting near max loads to function.

Longer barrel doesn't make a round quieter, it simply moves the noise a bit further from the shooter's ears. Others around (or in front of) you still hear the same report.

You have also simply discovered the well known fact that adding mass to a semi-auto pistol interferes with its proper functioning.

Unless what you posted was just French for, "I built my own silencer".
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Ya, know,... I thought I would start the new year by unblocking the couple of jackasses I have come across on this site.

I guess I was wrong,... live and learn,... back on the foe list you go!
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

If you can't take/don't want criticism, don't post your questions on a public forum. Welcome to the internet.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Read ,... VERY CLOSELY !!!

Criticism is one thing,... bullshit scenarios of made up fantasy troll points of view,... are another!!!

I wanted a longer barreled pistol, that put the muzzle blast further from me, with less recoil,... I GOT THAT!!! He simply published a redundant provocation,... NOT a debatable comment!!!

This is what he does,... he has no life!!!

To have a trolling igit come along and make claim I am lying about making a silencer, that I am playing some sort of twisted internet game like HE WOULD, and, DOES,... is not to my liking!!!

Been here and done this, with this guy before,... not interested, and not whining about his trolling crap!!! Just saying NOT AGAIN, thank you very much!!

If the truth be known,... as you can read from my initial reply to him,... I couldn't of cared less,... and a lot less than I am reacting to your ignorant assumption that you know what the f*** is actually going on!!!

Ya'll have a nice day,now... and, thanks again to all,... especially AZDESERTRAT who actually solved my problem by educating me with the facts!!!
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

Interesting, posted a valid observation and triggered a whiny lil b**** reaction.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Steve_In_29 wrote: February 12th, 2019, 11:02 am Interesting, posted a valid observation and triggered a whiny lil b**** reaction.
Ya know what a**hole,... one of these days, someone is going to track down your trolling decrepit old ass,... then what will you have to say, when you're face to face with someone you pushed too far.

Back on the foe list, forever... bye, bye!
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

shooter444 wrote: February 12th, 2019, 8:07 pm
Steve_In_29 wrote: February 12th, 2019, 11:02 am Interesting, posted a valid observation and triggered a whiny lil b**** reaction.
Ya know what a**hole,... one of these days, someone is going to track down your trolling decrepit old ass,... then what will you have to say, when you're face to face with someone you pushed too far.

Back on the foe list, forever... bye, bye!
Strange...according to you I was put back on your ignore list 3 hours before I posted that reply. Yet here you are still whining. LOL

As to what I would say....the same things I type. Anybody who knows me will tell you that.

"Trolling"?..."You Keep Using That Word, I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means"
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

OK,... UPDATE!!! As promised.

I found some Enforcer Powder, got some Star Line 45 Super brass, and some CCI Pistol Magnum Primers.

Published load data for Enforcer Powder, for 45acp w/230gr bullets is ,...
12.9gr-947FPS-17,003PSI
13.7gr-996FPS-17,663PSI
14.5gr-1,060FPS-19,393PSI

I started with the minimum load, and got immediate positive function results!! In fact, it shot like a laser, dead on my red dot setting with no adjustment needed.

This is a VERY STOUT LOADING,... I immediately started loading down .3ths of a grain at a time. I got larger groups and wider brass ejection patterns the less I loaded. At 12 grains I got a fail to go into battery, so I went back to the recommended minimum data (12.9 grains) and immediately got laser results again at 25 yards and tight brass pattern at 3:O-CLOCK with three foot ejection distance.

My concern now is at this loading,( which I would call a +P load ), may be battering the slide more than I normally like with the factory captured recoil spring,.... so, now I will search and find the best recoil spring power range for this loading and use the Wolff full length guide rod I bought last week to see if I like a heavier spring, better, at this loading, in this pistol.

Any thoughts or recommendations are appreciated!