Red Flag Law use in Vermont (coming to every State)

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
Steve_In_29
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Red Flag Law use in Vermont (coming to every State)

Post by Steve_In_29 »

A police department in Vermont used the State's new Red Flag Law to confiscate the weapons of a third party not deemed a threat to anyone. The person's nephew (along with another student) had planned a school shooting. Their source of weapons was going to be STEALING the unknowing uncle's weapons. Which were all apparently locked up and secured when police arrived to execute the confiscation.

The uncle was in no way connected to nor involved in the planning of the shooting, yet had his legal weapons all taken anyways. Despite the law making no mention of 3rd party confiscation, the Police Chief bragged about the action against an innocent 3rd party person.

So I wonder if the plan had been to rob a sporting goods store would the police have confiscated all the business's weapons?

This in a State whose motto is, "Freedom and Unity".

http://www.addisonindependent.com/20181 ... l-shooting

Black_water

Re: Red Flag Law use in Vermont (coming to every State)

Post by Black_water »

If I recall, AZ already has it. A friend of mine is getting divorced from his psycho, short term wife and she decided to go all in and have his guns taken.

What a clever way to have all of your personal disputes settled. Getting divorced? Fighting over custody? Just call in a restraining order and completely mess stuff up for your opponent. No checks, no balances, just straight up PWNage.
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

Black_water wrote: January 13th, 2019, 9:29 am If I recall, AZ already has it. A friend of mine is getting divorced from his psycho, short term wife and she decided to go all in and have his guns taken.

What a clever way to have all of your personal disputes settled. Getting divorced? Fighting over custody? Just call in a restraining order and completely mess stuff up for your opponent. No checks, no balances, just straight up PWNage.
I don't think that was a red flag thing. It was probably just a restraining order, which are almost automatic for a woman to file in a divorce now.
Flash

Post by Flash »

Steve_In_29 wrote: January 14th, 2019, 10:08 pm
Black_water wrote: January 13th, 2019, 9:29 am If I recall, AZ already has it. A friend of mine is getting divorced from his psycho, short term wife and she decided to go all in and have his guns taken.

I don't think that was a red flag thing. It was probably just a restraining order, which are almost automatic for a woman to file in a divorce now.
It was even years ago. I divorced the first wife in 1981 and got with a R.O. Later asked her lawyer why and he said he always did it to make the husband look like an ahole so he could get more alimony for the wife.
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

A red flag law and a liberal judge spells you're screwed.